Sallisaw police chief admits taking petty cash, city official says

Jan 22, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NewsOK.com

Sallisaw Police Chief Shaloa Edwards told city officials he took less than $100 in petty cash and is now under formal investigation.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of251
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
well

Sallisaw, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

He has a bunch of back stabbing bitches working for him that's for sure.
Commoner

Sallisaw, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

well wrote:
An elected official should be able to cover up what rules and laws they break and the employees should act like the official is God? Apparently it doesn't matter what is right or what is wrong as long as the employees bow down to the "right" person even if it sacrifices their integrity? So a police department should be filled with employees who lie and deceive also? I don't think I want people that protect and serve to be liars and lawbreakers!
Leroy Jenkins

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Get a rope!

You can't get by with that shit being an employee at Wal-Mart, why should he. If anything he should be held to a higher standard being the CHIEF of police!
what the heck

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

He wouldn't get by with this in Stilwell, Ok! By god!
I work

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Leroy Jenkins wrote:
Get a rope!
You can't get by with that shit being an employee at Wal-Mart, why should he. If anything he should be held to a higher standard being the CHIEF of police!
LOL. But he didn't think it was wrong!!!
Concerned Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

It says he left an IOU but did I miss if he repaid the debt ? Next time I need a tank of gas maybe I should stop by city hall and get some cash from the utility payment cash drawer and leave my note or better yet they can just add it to my next months bill. If it's good enough for the chief it should be good enough for the rest of us.
politicians

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

I wonder why an arrest warrant has not been issued... I am a lawyer in town and I have seen the Da's office issue warrants for less.
for the people

Sallisaw, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Ole Sheriff Liehart,

Told me that he was going to talk the Da's office into not filling charges because Liehart received an endorse from Edwards during the Sheriff's election.... What a bunch of crap!
?

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

The chief steals money... I wonder if he has a drug problem?
citizen

Sallisaw, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

well wrote:
Shaloa has no employees working for him. Every person at the police department work for the City of Sallisaw. Which would be the same city Shaloa embezzled money from.
lol.

Sallisaw, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Well he was high on himself, but probably no so much anymore..
time for change

Sallisaw, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Everyone needs to go to the next city meeting and demand he be removed charged for theft and locked up like the scum he is I'll be there
Bobbie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

City Police cannot use petty cash for personal use..period. So Capt. Beau Gabbert is correct it is a violation. According to the article the civilian employee contacted Chief Edwards because the money still hadn't been paid back.

I think Chief Edwards should take responsibility for violating the rules and regulations of his office and resign saving all of us the further stress of dealing with his bad behavior. It would save the D.A. from spending time, energy and money on prosecuting him also. He needs to admit publicly to the violation and pay resitution, a fine may also be appropriate then resign.

Perhaps the next person who holds that position will respect it a little more!
yeah

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

And hope there is some co workers that are mad not start trouble
Big Girl Panties

Sallisaw, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

It's not like he stole thousands of dollars !!! He 'borrowed'$60.00 and left an IOU, he wasn't even trying to hide the fact that he took it. Yes, he should pay it back and be reprimanded...but the DA filing charges for that small amount of money is totally ridiculous. I know it's winter and things are boring around here but if you want to be up in arms about something, surely you can find a better topic !!!
time for change

Sallisaw, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Anyone else would be in jail and fired from there job try this yourself i dare you he isn't special or above the law
wow

Sallisaw, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Big Girl Panties wrote:
It's not like he stole thousands of dollars !!! He 'borrowed'$60.00 and left an IOU, he wasn't even trying to hide the fact that he took it. Yes, he should pay it back and be reprimanded...but the DA filing charges for that small amount of money is totally ridiculous. I know it's winter and things are boring around here but if you want to be up in arms about something, surely you can find a better topic !!!
Question: If he stole a movie from Walmart worth $20.00. Would you want him thrown in jail? How much money would he have to steal for your standard to be bad and inexcusable... Because state law says any amount of money...
now do you belive me!

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

I told you Terry and Ron were planing a hostile take over... Now do you believe me.
Tax Payer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

I don't understand. If I was to turn my electric meter over and get $60 free electric for the month Shaloa would send out the uniforms to cuff and stuff me for theft of utilities. Now some of you think it's just fine for the police to take $60 and no make any effort to repay it until he is caught. Why the duel standards ?
To the Single Parents

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

In the difficult time of our national economy, when you are working at a minimum wage job trying to make ends meet and find there is not enough money at the end of the month and you need milk, bread, eggs, just enough to feed you and your children, go down to Walmart and pick those things up and leave them an IOU. All will be Ok! When security calls the police, tell them they can't arrest you, your not breaking the law. You left an IOU and was going to pay it back when times get better, after all, the SALLISAW CHIEF OF POLICE gets away with it, why is he any different than you. I mean you are trying to make it on, say less than $20,000.00 a year compared to his, I'm guessing combined close to $85-90,000.00. In all REALITY, please don't try this......you WILL go to jail unlike the CHEIF!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of251
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Sallisaw Forum right now

Search the Sallisaw Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 5 hr Bret 69,391
Michelle Obama Was Born Michael LaVaughn Robinson? (Nov '13) 12 hr Jesse 62
Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) 20 hr Max 2,579
Sequoyah County Times Tue Sad 7
New Mayor a Mistake Mon Joe 49
John Bennett (Mar '13) Jul 6 Not happening 354
test: identify the alpha male leader vs the gay... Jul 5 JPL 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Sallisaw Jobs

•••