Sequoyah County's New Sheriff and Spe...

Sequoyah County's New Sheriff and Spending

Posted in the Sallisaw Forum

First Prev
of 108
Next Last
Spend Spend

Tulsa, OK

#1 Jan 3, 2009
It seems as though the new sheriff, Lockhart, is starting his term in office with spend spend.
He has hired a firm to clean the sheriff's office of the smell of cigarette smoke to a tune of $1,244.00 of taxpayer's dollars.
He could easily go to the Dollar Store and buy 5 gallons of Mean Green cleaning agent, a few mop buckets, mops and sponges for $50.00 and he, his deputies and inmates could clean the jail themselves and save the taxpayer's dollars. They seem to always be whining about never having enough money to run the jail. If they would LEARN how to economise like the majority of us have to they would have plenty of money to run the jail.
What a ridiculous waste of the taxpayer's money.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
You are so right

Tulsa, OK

#2 Jan 3, 2009
I have to agree with Spend Spend.
Lockhart looks like he could use some exercise with his big pot belly and all.
He had better loose some of that globby fat or he won't be able to chase them thar druggies in them thar hills in Sequoyah County. Yeee Hawww
Bud Tate Lake Tenkiller

Tulsa, OK

#3 Jan 5, 2009
I for one do not appreciate my tax dollars being spent on such foolishness as paying $1244.00 to try and get rid of a little cigarette smoke just because the new sheriff wants it done.
He had better hope that is the worse odor he comes in contact with.
What is he going to do when he has to arrest some criminal who hasn't had a bath in months if he can't stand the smell of a little cigarette smoke?
MORAL OF STORY...
QUIT WASTING THE TAXPAYER'S MONEY!!!!!!!!!!
BANJO PICKERS

Inola, OK

#4 Jan 6, 2009
That's Sequoyah County for you.
What else can one expect.
They think they are big time "city slickers"
living high off the minimum wage earning citizens.
Unknown

Pawhuska, OK

#5 Jan 9, 2009
I think the only ones that disagree about what the new sheriff is doing is the Dopeheads.What's wrong with this town is it has been run by crooked law for 20 years or more.It's time we have a sheriff who wants to clean up this town of crooks and dopeheads.The old sheriff was good at falsely arresting people and didn't give a damn about the citizens.And did not give a damn about the U.S.Constitution or about the Veterans who served their country.
BANJO PICKERS

Tulsa, OK

#6 Jan 9, 2009
Unknown wrote:
I think the only ones that disagree about what the new sheriff is doing is the Dopeheads.What's wrong with this town is it has been run by crooked law for 20 years or more.It's time we have a sheriff who wants to clean up this town of crooks and dopeheads.The old sheriff was good at falsely arresting people and didn't give a damn about the citizens.And did not give a damn about the U.S.Constitution or about the Veterans who served their country.
And you think the new sheriff is going to be any different?????
Think again.
And NO, I am not a dopehead, NEVER have been and NEVER will be, so you can come off that old rant.
We had a Lockhart in office years ago and that was enough Lockhart to last me a lifetime.
So you can just keep "blowing smoke" all you want.
Time will tell.
Buford

Vera, OK

#7 Jan 9, 2009
We have not had a good sheriff since E.W. Floyd.
I wonder whatever happened to Pretty Boy Floyd's gun. Is it still at the court house?
Does anyone know?
oooooh

Fort Smith, AR

#8 Jan 9, 2009
Yes its still there in the office ...watch out Lockhart has it. Now thats a JOKE!!!
oooooh

Fort Smith, AR

#9 Jan 9, 2009
Mr. Lockhart now that you have rid your office of the smokey smell you can put your spit cup on your desk where the ashtray use to be.....unless you dont chew anymore????
BANJO PICKERS

Inola, OK

#10 Jan 10, 2009
oooooh wrote:
Mr. Lockhart now that you have rid your office of the smokey smell you can put your spit cup on your desk where the ashtray use to be.....unless you don't chew anymore????
Now that is funny... ROFLMAO
Chawwww.. Chawwww.. Spit.. Spit..
Paddle faster boys....
Those banjos are getting closer....
Bud Tate Lake Tenkiller

Inola, OK

#11 Jan 10, 2009
Did anyone else see the new sheriff and his deputy on Channel 40/29 last night?
The new sheriff was accusing someone from the former sheriff's administration of tampering with the sheriff's office computers.
In my opinion Sequoyah County has a bad enough reputation without the new sheriff getting on television and adding to it.
I must say I was quite embarrassed from watching and listening to what was being said.
Oh well, it got the new sheriff some recognition by getting to be on T.V.
From the way I see it, looks as though the citizens need to donate some bath soap and razors to the new sheriff's office.
The "scrub water" that cost the taxpayers $1244.00 to get rid of a little cigarette smoke odor was not spread far enough. JMO
Boss Hogg

Tulsa, OK

#12 Jan 11, 2009
oooooh wrote:
Mr. Lockhart now that you have rid your office of the smokey smell you can put your spit cup on your desk where the ashtray use to be.....unless you don't chew anymore????
I guess that means the next sheriff that replaces Lockhart will have to hire a cleaning firm to get rid of all the "tobaccy juice" that has been spilled and spit all over the sheriff's office.
I have been told that "tobaccy juice" leaves a stain that can't be removed, so that means the next new sheriff will have to get a scrub crew to scrub the place down, then a sealer will have to be added to keep the "tobaccy juice" stain from bleeding through, then a paint job. Wonder how much that will cost the taxpayers.
That nasty disgusting "tobaccy juice" reminds me of cow manure when a cow has diarrhea.
If one tobacco product is going to be banned from the sheriff's office then ALL tobacco products should be banned, otherwise it is discrimination.
Doodle

Fort Smith, AR

#13 Jan 12, 2009
The way I see it is... because the former Sheriff was so outstanding.. the new sheriff has nothing better to gripe about... Get ready Sequoyah County.. your in for a long 4 years...
What in the world

Haskell, OK

#14 Jan 12, 2009
Lets see, what can I say about a Sheriff that spends 1200. on cleaning the station up. That's a bunch of money. I would think that he didn't use that in his campaign. "Vote for me and I'll waste tax payers money cleaning smoke out of the building. The Sheriff is being very unwise in his spending. Why couldn't he have spent 20. 00 on cleaning supplies and let the prisoners do the cleaning. He could have rented a carpet shampooer and let the prisoners clean the carpet. I guess some people just go crazy when they have a little power. I wonder if he is going to have the prisoners scrub down when he arrests them. Some are going to smell like smoke. I would say that this is just the start of his spending.
What in the world

Haskell, OK

#15 Jan 12, 2009
Unknown wrote:
I think the only ones that disagree about what the new sheriff is doing is the Dope heads.What's wrong with this town is it has been run by crooked law for 20 years or more.It's time we have a sheriff who wants to clean up this town of crooks and dope heads.The old sheriff was good at falsely arresting people and didn't give a damn about the citizens.And did not give a damn about the U.S.Constitution or about the Veterans who served their country.
I'm sure your town wants the drugs and crime cleaned up but Your sheriff is confused he thought you wanted him to clean up the office. What a joke , I'm telling you this is just the beginning of the spending. He didn't use this in his campaign did he "VOTE FOR ME I'LL CLEAN THIS PLACE UP"
just another voter

Tulsa, OK

#16 Jan 13, 2009
Sheriff Lockhart has spent the majority of his first two weeks in office complaining about the past administration rather then focusing on the campaign promises he made. Sheriff Lockhart I have yet to see a deputy on my county road, but I guess they are too busy posting bills on private businesses telling them they have been checked and giving the time. I think I would like to have my private residence checked on a regular basis and a hand bill left telling me the time. But I want it put some place the burglars can't find it. I don't want them to figure out what time the deputy came by and then break in anyway. And while we are addressing Sheriff Lockhart, why is he hiring so many of his staff members from Ft. Smith Arkansas Police Department. I am sure we have plenty of able bodied men and women in Sequoyah county to do the jobs. The Sequoyah County Sheriff's Office will be renamed if this continues "Little Ft. Smith". Like they haven't had problems of their own. And as I understand it Sheriff Lockhart has told his deputies he did not care if they arrested drunk drivers or let them drive home, it did not matter to him!! Will he feel the same way if the drunk driver hits a member of his family? What a lawsuit waiting to happen.
just another voter

Tulsa, OK

#17 Jan 13, 2009
Doodle wrote:
The way I see it is... because the former Sheriff was so outstanding.. the new sheriff has nothing better to gripe about... Get ready Sequoyah County.. your in for a long 4 years...
I agree it appears to be a long haul for the County. I was hoping against hope he would be the best Sheriff ever, even though I did not support him, but he is starting off on a really bad foot. Why not accept your win gracefully and let it go? Is Lockhart afraid Philpot may come back in four years so he is still trying to damage his character?
just another voter

Tulsa, OK

#18 Jan 13, 2009
Unknown wrote:
Fortunately we live in the United States and we can disagree, which I adamately disagree with you and I am no dopehead by any means. I have lived in this county for years and have yet to see anyone that thought they deserved to be arrested, that is just human nature. I would give my life to uphold the U.S. Constitution and what it stands for, not to mention I also honor our Veterans at every turn. As I understand it, Sheriff Philpot was a Veteran as were several of his deputies. Good for him for hiring our Veterans. Sheriff Philpot received several commendations while in office and I find it hard to believe if there was some wrongdoing on his part, it would not have been uncovered by now. Lord knows Sheriff Lockhart has tried.
BANJO PICKERS

Claremore, OK

#19 Jan 13, 2009
just another voter wrote:
Sheriff Lockhart has spent the majority of his first two weeks in office complaining about the past administration rather then focusing on the campaign promises he made. Sheriff Lockhart I have yet to see a deputy on my county road, but I guess they are too busy posting bills on private businesses telling them they have been checked and giving the time. I think I would like to have my private residence checked on a regular basis and a hand bill left telling me the time. But I want it put some place the burglars can't find it. I don't want them to figure out what time the deputy came by and then break in anyway. And while we are addressing Sheriff Lockhart, why is he hiring so many of his staff members from Ft. Smith Arkansas Police Department. I am sure we have plenty of able bodied men and women in Sequoyah county to do the jobs. The Sequoyah County Sheriff's Office will be renamed if this continues "Little Ft. Smith". Like they haven't had problems of their own. And as I understand it Sheriff Lockhart has told his deputies he did not care if they arrested drunk drivers or let them drive home, it did not matter to him!! Will he feel the same way if the drunk driver hits a member of his family? What a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Well, I must say that I find it to be a bunch of crock that Lockhart is hiring people out of Fort Smith instead of giving the jobs to the people in Sequoyah County.
As I see it, ALL of the county and city leaders are out for one thing, and that is the money and to give jobs to all their friends and relatives whether they are qualified to do the job or not.
Personally they could not pay me enough money to even consider working any job in Sequoyah County.
If Lockhart likes Fort Smith so well then why didn't he stay there.
Sequoyah County will never change as long as the place has people running it like it is being run now.
As far as leaving a note on the door of businesses that they have been checked and at what time is just an open invitation for any burglar. Oh well, I guess that proves the mentality of the people that are running Sequoyah County.
ONCE A DUMP ALWAYS A DUMP!!!!!!
just another voter

Tulsa, OK

#20 Jan 13, 2009
BANJO PICKERS wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I must say that I find it to be a bunch of crock that Lockhart is hiring people out of Fort Smith instead of giving the jobs to the people in Sequoyah County.
As I see it, ALL of the county and city leaders are out for one thing, and that is the money and to give jobs to all their friends and relatives whether they are qualified to do the job or not.
Personally they could not pay me enough money to even consider working any job in Sequoyah County.
If Lockhart likes Fort Smith so well then why didn't he stay there.
Sequoyah County will never change as long as the place has people running it like it is being run now.
As far as leaving a note on the door of businesses that they have been checked and at what time is just an open invitation for any burglar. Oh well, I guess that proves the mentality of the people that are running Sequoyah County.
ONCE A DUMP ALWAYS A DUMP!!!!!!
Sheriff Lockhart is missing one very important matter, Sequoyah County does not have the budget the city of Ft. Smith, Arkansas has and his promises were based on what he wanted to do, does he not think every other sheriff before him wanted to do more for the county, but was unable to do so because of budgetary constraints? Mr. Lockhart, did you check into the budget, the existing salaries, etc. before you made all of your campaign promises? or are you now having to say "I thought I could do more, but the money is just not there"...duh. This is very unfortunate for the people of Sequoyah County. You may blame the past administration for your woes now, but what will you do next year? After looking at the Sheriff's department budget, it appears Philpot requested an increase in the budget for this year, but was rejected. If the trend holds true, the county only has a certain amount of money to earmark for your budget also, when will you get the point? I don't think a "bailout" such as the banks and the auto makers received are in your future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 108
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sallisaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is Sallisaw dying? (Dec '14) 6 hr citizen 17
John Bennett (Feb '15) Aug 25 TeaBaggerPOS 61
Mid America Game Club (Jul '15) Aug 15 Almac 9
Corruption in Muldrow from police to judge (Jan '16) Aug 12 PoliceSupporter 10
News Former youth minister gets 5-year deferred sent... (Jun '12) Aug 8 Anonymous 5
county Jul '16 concerned 4
News Tifini Noel Thompson Renfro Missing Alamo Prope... (Aug '09) Jul '16 knows 57

Sallisaw Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sallisaw Mortgages