Weird sound near the beach

Weird sound near the beach

Posted in the Salisbury Forum

OrdinaryGirl

Amesbury, MA

#1 Jan 27, 2013
Anyone else hearing this odd sound at the beach the last week or so? I live on Railroad Ave so I'm about 100 yards from the beach. I can't figure out where it's coming from - what's making it - it happens at all hours of the day and night - seems to be louder at night but maybe it's because the rest of the world is quiet.

It's a 'oooooooooooooo' sound - repeats over and over without a pattern though - sometimes just a few minutes a part - sometimes longer or maybe I'm just getting used to it and don't notice it every time. It only lasts 10-15 seconds.

This is my second year living up here and I've never heard it before.

Thanks~
southend

Louisville, KY

#2 Mar 28, 2013
It's the wind blowing off the ocean between the houses. There are also fisher cats on the beach and are know to make terrible sounds especially at night. They are dangerous so they should be avoided.
OrdinaryGirl

United States

#3 Apr 3, 2013
No, it also happens when it's not windy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salisbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hallmark Job Opportunity in Rowley Jun '17 VictorOrians 1
Welcome Wagon? New to town (Dec '16) Apr '17 Reenee 2
News Name of Massachusetts town's sewage boat? Not P... (Oct '10) Feb '17 Water Phart 3
Well Hello (Sep '16) Sep '16 curious 1
News Chad Austin Gets Reduced Sentenced In Hostage Case (Dec '06) Sep '16 Sister 64
News Witch shop opens in downtown Amesbury (Apr '11) May '16 Barnabas 16
News Car slides into pond in Newburyport (Mar '16) Mar '16 stevieB49 1

Salisbury Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salisbury Mortgages