No special ceremony for senior with p...

No special ceremony for senior with perfect attendance

There are 1 comment on the NewburyportNews.com, Newburyport, MA story from Apr 1, 2010, titled No special ceremony for senior with perfect attendance. In it, NewburyportNews.com, Newburyport, MA reports that:

Due to concerns over the spread of H1N1, there is no special recognition being planned for 17-year-old AHS senior Justin LaBatte should he accomplish a 13-year perfect attendance record when he graduates in June.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewburyportNews.com, Newburyport, MA.

Jim

Portland, ME

#1 Apr 13, 2010
What most people don't know is that this kid went through some very tough times but yet they still have the balls to sit behind a computer screen and put down someone who made school a priority and a commitment, the people who are making controversy are just jealous that this kid has the drive and motivation to do something with his life, something they wish they had. While "putting peoples lives at risk everyday by going to school" he was also dealing with both his parents suffering cancer at the same time. Most people would find excuses and give up at that point but yet this young man went to school everyday to better his education while dealing with hardships at home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salisbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Name of Massachusetts town's sewage boat? Not P... (Oct '10) Feb 8 Water Phart 3
Welcome Wagon? New to town Dec '16 Reenee 1
Well Hello Sep '16 curious 1
News Chad Austin Gets Reduced Sentenced In Hostage Case (Dec '06) Sep '16 Sister 64
The local slumlord of Carriage Hill (Mar '11) May '16 Karmaisabitch 3
News Witch shop opens in downtown Amesbury (Apr '11) May '16 Barnabas 16
News Car slides into pond in Newburyport (Mar '16) Mar '16 stevieB49 1

Salisbury Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salisbury Mortgages