'Good Samaritan' breaks up robbery, shoots teenage suspects

Police in Salinas, California say they are not planning to charge a man who shot a pair of would-be robbers. Full Story

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1 Oct 7, 2012
They got what they deserved!

Just wished another good sametritan would have done the same thing to the stupid relative at hospital shooting at random

Location hidden

#2 Oct 9, 2012
The deceased suspect has be ID'ed... of course Hispanic

Then the Hispanic community in Salinas wonders why people stereotype them. Instead of showing a positive Hispanic presence in Salinas they bring disgrace and insult to the very few upstanding Hispanics
Kat

Salinas, CA

#3 Oct 10, 2012
It's about time!! Congrats to our anonymous hero!! You deserve a medal!! The gang-banger scum over taking Salinas needs a wake up call!! While I am sorry any child ever dies...the fact that it was a gang-banging kid who chose to break the law and put other peoples lives at risk consoles me as opposed to an innocent 6/8 yr old as has happened all to often here in Salinas!! They made a bad choice to break the law at put lives at risk and it back-fired!!They have no respect for ANYONE... You reap what you sow!

Since: Jun 12

Gilroy, CA

#4 Oct 14, 2012
Chavo del eight wrote:
The deceased suspect has be ID'ed... of course Hispanic
Then the Hispanic community in Salinas wonders why people stereotype them. Instead of showing a positive Hispanic presence in Salinas they bring disgrace and insult to the very few upstanding Hispanics
Right, Cd8, "the Hispanic community" is responsible for every mistake made by everyone else in "the Hispanic community." That reminds me—my "Hispanic" friend got a driving ticket 11 years ago. Are you Hispanic, Cd8? Oh, you are; well, since you are responsible for other Hispanics' mistakes, please reimburse my friend in the amount of $144.73. Thank you for observing your duty as a responsible Hispanic.

Location hidden

#5 Oct 14, 2012
In_the_Dark wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, Cd8, "the Hispanic community" is responsible for every mistake made by everyone else in "the Hispanic community." That reminds me—my "Hispanic" friend got a driving ticket 11 years ago. Are you Hispanic, Cd8? Oh, you are; well, since you are responsible for other Hispanics' mistakes, please reimburse my friend in the amount of $144.73. Thank you for observing your duty as a responsible Hispanic.
You're the dumb ass the got the ticket... LOL

Who said that the Hispanic community is responsible for every mistake made by everyone else in the Hispanic community?

I said that the Hispanic community in salinas plays dumb and gets pissed when the truth is told ( people like you). The majority fuk it up for the few upstanding Hispanics.

You're just bitter because I'm right

Hollister, CA

#6 Oct 15, 2012
Chavo del eight wrote:
You're the dumb ass the got the ticket... LOL
Who said that the Hispanic community is responsible for every mistake made by everyone else in the Hispanic community?
I said that the Hispanic community in salinas plays dumb and gets pissed when the truth is told ( people like you). The majority fuk it up for the few upstanding Hispanics.
You're just bitter because I'm right
You're the one who said that the deceased Hispanic suspect brings "disgrace and insult to the very few upstanding Hispanics," as if the "very few upstanding Hispanics" have anything to do with the deceased. The disgracer is responsible for the disgrace. The people who share the disgracer's ethnicity are not responsible for the disgrace.

But you're saying they are. I tell you, that ticket's a disgrace, and you're responsible for it as a fellow Hispanic, so pay up please.

Location hidden

#7 Oct 15, 2012
In_the_Dark wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one who said that the deceased Hispanic suspect brings "disgrace and insult to the very few upstanding Hispanics," as if the "very few upstanding Hispanics" have anything to do with the deceased. The disgracer is responsible for the disgrace. The people who share the disgracer's ethnicity are not responsible for the disgrace.
But you're saying they are. I tell you, that ticket's a disgrace, and you're responsible for it as a fellow Hispanic, so pay up please.
Pay up? I did, you just added to the statistic and stereotype just like the dead fool. There's a reason why Hispanics have a bad rep in Salinas... just read the Californian or take a stroll fown the ghetto Northridge mall.

"The people who share the disgracer's ethnicity are not responsible for the disgrace" You're right! But that's why it sucks for us few Hispanics... Salinas has turned into a sh!t hole due to Hispanics gangs, does that make me a gang banger? No but the stereotype is there.

So again, thank you for your contribution

Hollister, CA

#8 Oct 15, 2012
Chavo del eight wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay up? I did, you just added to the statistic and stereotype just like the dead fool. There's a reason why Hispanics have a bad rep in Salinas... just read the Californian or take a stroll fown the ghetto Northridge mall.
"The people who share the disgracer's ethnicity are not responsible for the disgrace" You're right! But that's why it sucks for us few Hispanics... Salinas has turned into a sh!t hole due to Hispanics gangs, does that make me a gang banger? No but the stereotype is there.
So again, thank you for your contribution
You know very well Salinas does not have a Hispanics problem. It has a crime problem. Unless you have participated in crime, you are not responsible for crime, not as a Latino, not as a person. What have you done to violate the peace? Nothing? Then you deserve no blame for violations of the peace.

If you suffer from a stereotyping problem, that's a shame, but it's in the mind of those wrongly holding the stereotype, the ones who blame you and other innocent people for acts of criminals. You're blaming the gangs for the stereotyping when it's the stereotypers who are stereotyping, not the gangs. The stereotypers mistreat you; why legitimize that?

Location hidden

#9 Oct 15, 2012
In_the_Dark wrote:
<quoted text>
You know very well Salinas does not have a Hispanics problem. It has a crime problem. Unless you have participated in crime, you are not responsible for crime, not as a Latino, not as a person. What have you done to violate the peace? Nothing? Then you deserve no blame for violations of the peace.
If you suffer from a stereotyping problem, that's a shame, but it's in the mind of those wrongly holding the stereotype, the ones who blame you and other innocent people for acts of criminals. You're blaming the gangs for the stereotyping when it's the stereotypers who are stereotyping, not the gangs. The stereotypers mistreat you; why legitimize that?
Who said anything about a Hispanic problem? Get off your P.C. high horse dude. I said that the dead criminal was Hispanic,(no big surprise in Salinas) then the Hispanic community there wonders why they get stereotyped. You pretend like people just make up things for no reason.

I'm not saying Salinas doesn't have respectable upstanding Hispanics because there are, but idiots like this guy that got shot ruin it them. Salinas does have a gang problem, which is predominantly Hispanic. Now you may say the reason there's so much crime in Salinas caused by Hispanics is because the majority of Salinas IS Hispanic. True, but just because you're the majority doesn't mean you have to be so criminally inclined... what does that tell you about Hispanics in Salinas? You know exactly where I'm coming from but you hate to hear the reality.

Its funny how you shunt away Hispanic stereotypes even though you probably have your own for others... I didn't make the stereotype, I just see and can make the connection on why it's there.

Hollister, CA

#10 Oct 16, 2012
Chavo del eight wrote:
Who said anything about a Hispanic problem? Get off your P.C. high horse dude. I said that the dead criminal was Hispanic,(no big surprise in Salinas) then the Hispanic community there wonders why they get stereotyped. You pretend like people just make up things for no reason.
I'm not saying Salinas doesn't have respectable upstanding Hispanics because there are, but idiots like this guy that got shot ruin it them. Salinas does have a gang problem, which is predominantly Hispanic. Now you may say the reason there's so much crime in Salinas caused by Hispanics is because the majority of Salinas IS Hispanic. True, but just because you're the majority doesn't mean you have to be so criminally inclined... what does that tell you about Hispanics in Salinas? You know exactly where I'm coming from but you hate to hear the reality.
Its funny how you shunt away Hispanic stereotypes even though you probably have your own for others... I didn't make the stereotype, I just see and can make the connection on why it's there.
But why that stereotype is there is unjust. You don't deserve to be subjected to it, and to accept it as legitimate is not fair to anyone, including yourself. That's not PC—that's fair.

"You pretend like people just make up things for no reason." I'm not pretending at all—these stereotyping people really are making up things for no reason, holding you as a Latino to a different standard that you don't deserve, just because you and some arrested person share an ethnicity. Out of thin air, the stereotypers create something that's not true, a connection between you and some criminal. They have no justification to use those gangs and their gang activity against you. They are wrong to do that.

To treat these stereotypers as being reasonable is to accept the idea that a Hispanics problem exists in Salinas, which you know is not true. The only way Hispanic criminals can "ruin it" for "respectable upstanding Hispanics" is through people who illogically and unnecessarily associate these two parties with each other. This is something that, I'm sorry to say, you are doing by treating the stereotyping as an OK, uncontrollable matter of nature rather than a conscious human behavior. You might want to rethink the message you are sending rather than perpetuate those stereotypers' anti-Latino behavior.

Location hidden

#11 Oct 16, 2012
In_the_Dark wrote:
<quoted text>
But why that stereotype is there is unjust. You don't deserve to be subjected to it, and to accept it as legitimate is not fair to anyone, including yourself. That's not PC—that's fair.
"You pretend like people just make up things for no reason." I'm not pretending at all—these stereotyping people really are making up things for no reason, holding you as a Latino to a different standard that you don't deserve, just because you and some arrested person share an ethnicity. Out of thin air, the stereotypers create something that's not true, a connection between you and some criminal. They have no justification to use those gangs and their gang activity against you. They are wrong to do that.
To treat these stereotypers as being reasonable is to accept the idea that a Hispanics problem exists in Salinas, which you know is not true. The only way Hispanic criminals can "ruin it" for "respectable upstanding Hispanics" is through people who illogically and unnecessarily associate these two parties with each other. This is something that, I'm sorry to say, you are doing by treating the stereotyping as an OK, uncontrollable matter of nature rather than a conscious human behavior. You might want to rethink the message you are sending rather than perpetuate those stereotypers' anti-Latino behavior.
Ok, I'm sorry... those idiots that got shot do not represent >YOU< feel better?

All I'm going to say is that all that high gang activity and crimes committed by Hispanics is not helping the image of the Hispanic community there in Salinas. That is the truth whether you like it or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salinas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 3 hr Misty Me 7,968
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 19 hr do it here 16,011
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 29 El SupremoS 201,038
Review: First Security Services Sep 29 ShelleyCampbell 5
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sep 28 No Time for Tea 5,084
Earn $400 - $700 Every Month with Your Sailboat... Sep 28 Dutch2014 1
Sailboat Charter Company and ASA School For Sal... Sep 28 Dutch2014 1
Salinas Dating
Find my Match

Salinas Jobs

Salinas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Salinas News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Salinas

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]