Monday night shooting marks fifth Salinas death in four days

Full story: Monterey County Herald

Yet another shooting left another man dead in Salinas on Monday night, the fifth shooting death in the city in the past four days.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
RJI

Monterey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

Judged:

ILLEGAL ALIENS cost California...BILLIONS of DOLLARS each YEAR!!!!!!!!!!
aztlan

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

Judged:

for once can any of you idiots show some respect and stop talking about immigration when this happens? how do you know they were illegal aliens? you just assume. dumbass.
Anti-Gang Banger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

They are DEAD Gang Bangers....You like them alive, living next door to you and your family? Possibly one of their stray bullets striking your children? A mistake in identity (Happens all the time, dumb Bangers) hitting your loved one? Dead Gang Bangers are good Bangers!!!!!!!
Daniel

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

This means Salinas is on pace for 120 homocides in 2009. Good for us. Especially since violent crime is decreasing throughout the rest of the United States. Let's Bowl/Fast/Knit/Sneeze for Peace.
Cry y y y ing Over You

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

Judged:

It is now a prerequisite that you weep during a press conference as did the enigmatic Sgt. Don Gline. That will strike free into the thousands of gang bangers in Salinas. First Dennis Donohue cries at every press conference now, on a subject as serious as murder, the police department head of investigations is crying.

McSorely looks horrible and everyone knows she is useless in the department. During the press conference they seemed hard pressed to answer the HOW MANY SOLVED question or the question on why the public is given so litle information on other crimes, like the armed robberies of Nob Hill twice, both with a gun walking right in the front door during store hours as though they know there are no South Salinas officers, the robbery of Super Max on West Alisal five times, the most recent last week. The robbery of Longs on Laurel, armed.

None of this information is being reported in the paper, on the SalinasPD.com website press page, or on www.crimereports.com . Why? Information is power, you can't ask the public to help and deprive them of information and don't lie about this being operational details.

Also Cassie McSorely lied when she said Operation Impact only just ended. It ended with SO and CHP cooperation months ago, there is no Operation Impact and she should be held accountable for telling the public false information. Again don't feed the public the lie that this is sensitive operational information. Anyone in earhot of a beat cop at Starbucks can pick this information up.

The gangs are outperforming Salinas PD because Salinas PD has a leadership void, no mission, no plan, and next to no intelligence, based on the press conference.

It is a terrible day for this community and for Salinas in particular.

Absolutely embarassing and if anyone is expecting the news to keep you posted they are all broke.
Gas Mask

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

Judged:

I don't see the harm in gangbangers killing gangbangers. Get that scum off our street.
Anti Gang-Banger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

It looks to me as if the Salinas P.D. is sitting back and letting the Gang Bangers kill themselves off. One by one and staying out of the action. Not a bad plan, except if you own property here, your value is dropping because of all the violence and you and your loved ones could catch a stray bullet anytime. The Bangers aren't known for their accuracy with a gun unless it is in your face.
Anti Gang-Banger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2009

Count me in. We can make things look like we want them to look, start a war and let them go at it. We may have 50-100 dead Bangers when we are done. They are looking for any reason to get their first kill.
Reality

Marina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

according to several letters sent out by PD and New Org.....they had a special meeting to agree on downplaying the crime. I know of a person whom works at KSBW and she informed me that they had to sign agreements last week to not publicize any crime unless approved by mgmt and PD
Jimmy

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Judged:

Someone said that illegal aliens cost the u.s. billions of dollars. I'd like to say that first of all your an ignorant bastard. Second, I'd like to add that their are many jobs out there that the average American will not take or do. Look at your local Asian, Italian, Indian, Middle Eastern, American, and Fast Food Restaurants. Grocery Stores, Agriculture, and especially 90% of our hard labor jobs like construction. They do all that, they build our cities. So before you speak look at the history of your city, where your food comes from, etc. If no immigrants, who would take these jobs for what they pay? not your spoiled American, and with that prices of all things will rise.
Egg Roll

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Judged:

We can bring the Chinese in. The have self respect and they can take care of themselves. They are not killers like Mexican, they are not drug addicts like the Mexicans....They will out work any Mexican.
GIA

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Judged:

I think an astroid should hit Salinas. Wipe all the dumb A** people, including the hood rats.

Watch out for 2012...it's around the corner.
Read about it.Awsome!
Anti-Mexican Terrorist

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

GIA wrote:
I think an astroid should hit Salinas. Wipe all the dumb **** people, including the hood rats.
Watch out for 2012...it's around the corner.
Read about it.Awsome!
2012?? I have heard that year mentioned in the past but I was clueless, Gia help me out, please.....
vik

Yuma, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

Judged:

I am tired of all the f****n racists people who dont like Mexicans because we are everywhere so get use to it and we work 10 times harder than you would ever because we have to and Iím sure no one would want to work in the fields for the money they pay and no its not only bangers who die its innocent people to like Carlos Mejia who got shot the 26th and he was a nice kid and was about to graduate high school ,so f****** if you think in that way because it could happen to u
Officer in charge

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

Judged:

vik wrote:
I am tired of all the f****n racists people who dont like Mexicans because we are everywhere so get use to it and we work 10 times harder than you would ever because we have to and Iím sure no one would want to work in the fields for the money they pay and no its not only bangers who die its innocent people to like Carlos Mejia who got shot the 26th and he was a nice kid and was about to graduate high school ,so f****** if you think in that way because it could happen to u
I am tired of "Mexican Terrorists" other killing "Mexican Terrorists" giving our city a bad reputation, bring our home values down because of all the Gang Banger shootings and robbing people on the streets. Mexicans shooting other Mexicans from cars, "Mexican Terrorists" shooting the wrong person, an innocent by stander. Yes, we are all tired of "Mexican Terrorists" destroying our tourism business and our city. If you don't like it change your "Terrorists" attitude or go home and don't come back!
SEMSTERO 500

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

Judged:

there will never be peace in salinas this is the salad bowl sickness the war is not gonna stop so all you f**ken people rest that sh*t cuz SEM aint gonna stop
500 BLK
Anti-Gang Banger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

Judged:

SEMSTERO 500 wrote:
there will never be peace in salinas this is the salad bowl sickness the war is not gonna stop so all you f**ken people rest that **** cuz SEM aint gonna stop
500 BLK
Why don't you go and kill on of your brothers and make yourself useful. When you grow up you will ask yourself, "Why was I a Mexican Terrorist?"as you look out from your prison cell..
proud mexican

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

Judged:

All you "americans" need to get used to us being around because whether you like it or not were all over and were not leaving. Yea its true there are some mexicans that go around killing people but there not mexicans 100% theyre chicanos that were raised here stop blaming mexicans for everything point you dirty fingers at the U.S for once. if all the mexicans dissapeared for one day what would the american do ?!! NOTHING! When have you seen a mexican homeless person?!! excatly we dont give up we work no matter what!! so stop and think before you blame the MEXICANS thank us because if we werent around the United states would loose everything!
Mexican Peace Movement

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

Judged:

I think there will be at least four murders during Cinco de Mayo celebration.
I am not talking about good Mexican citizens!!! I am talking about Mexicans killing Mexicans. What's your guess?
L_BA_B

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2009

Judged:

what makes u think that the immigarents are the one that are doing all of the shooting... cuz as same as it could get the immigrants it could be the citizens the ones that are doing all that too... so dont be pointing fingers if u dont have all the facts

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Salinas Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Salinas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance