Discrimination protections overturned

Discrimination protections overturned

There are 47 comments on the www.saljournal.com story from Nov 6, 2012, titled Discrimination protections overturned. In it, www.saljournal.com reports that:

Salinans voted to overturn the city's protections from discrimination for gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgendered persons five months after they went into effect.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.saljournal.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Name

Harlingen, TX

#43 Nov 19, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
That didn't make a bit of sense. One would think you are a bit irrational and paranoid.
I can assure you that gay folks aren't going to cause a bit of harm to the country we love by insisting on equal protection under the law, and end to anti-gay bullying in schools, and marriage equality.
You see, hard working citizens, well educated youth, and strong families IMPROVE society.
So, you can let go of your fears.
I wish Angela Mccaskill of Galludet U. would've gotten that memo, that gay activism presents zero harm and there's nothing to fear of it.

Because if she had, she'd be left with a warm, fuzzy feeling after having been SUSPENDED for a lengthy period of time from a University she'd devoted nearly a quarter-century of her life to.

But Angela, don't fret, you must surely be having a nightmare about your current predicament, for it must be. As the generic, recycled Media talking points point out, there is no possible harm to anyone in the gay rights process.

See how trying to soothe somebody with a skewed, fraudulent reality looks on paper?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#44 Nov 19, 2012
Name wrote:
And you gay activists, as is the case with so many revolutionaries, haven't pondered the true aftermath of your efforts. As I've said, your goals and open Christianity are mutually-exclusive.
Your version of Christianity may go the way of other less than successful versions of Christianity, but many who identify with the faith have already come to terms with it. Christianity itself will survive, through them.
Name wrote:
What you activists are striving for is to recreate society in your own image (and anyone who follows gay activism can attest to the stunning amount of power you command to do it with). Hell, you've already have the Media and Entertainment Industry in a stranglehold, and by extension, Corporate America and it's whoring Politicians.
And yet the civil equality that we are asking for hasn't been granted. Imagine that. So much for our alleged omnipotence.
Name wrote:
But what of the collateral damage that would be required of recreating society in your own image? When the values of society at large paralell that of rank-and-file gays (and other debaucherers), it would surely be a profound moral collapse. And you know what's gonna happen with this moral collpase? Keep in mind, our Constitution was based on a theistic frame of reference. When the moral order collapses, all these fringe groups/organizatiosn (like the KKK, Aryan Brotherhood, La Raza, etc, etc,) are going to rush in and impose their own law, like sharia law, as your Commrade-in-Countercultural-ar ms, gay activist in Chief, Barack Obama, has been aggressively courting the Muslim brotherhood. And when they are unchallenged, they're going to execute the homosexuals. When the moral order collapsed, you can bet your lucky stars all those Constitutional (and political correctness) protections you gays take for granted will dissappear.
You hate the Christians because they refuse to affirm and enshrine your lifestyle, but at least they don't kill you. At least they don't jail you for your identity. In gayspeak, they are guilty of hate. But the Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.
And all the accomodations and freedoms that living in a Christian-based society you take for granted, you expect just to magically remain after your activsm efforts have collapsed the moral order. They won't!
Don't forget, your boy in the White House has an increasingly apparent empowering and courting of the Muslim Brotherhood and radical Islam. When they move in, it's "curtains" for equality. I can promise you that.
Wow. Have you considered therapy?
Name

Harlingen, TX

#45 Nov 20, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>I see someone who keeps changing the name he is using as if that might fool anyone into believing that there is more than one opinion at work on your side.
<quoted text>Let's see. You have advocated for the repeal of an ordinance aimed at preventing discrimination in the public square, praised efforts to deny an equal right to marry to those who would marry their own sex and cheered a lawsuit demanding a right to inflict ineffective and harmful psychological therapies on minors. Just who is inflicting on society again?
<quoted text>The only toll seems to be on your own psyche dear. We seemed to have wreaked havoc to nothing more than your imagination.
Are you really so thick as to think I'm somehow unaware that my posts identifying information and my unique debate stance might be passed off as multiple individuals? Seems Ive overestimated you.
Don

Wichita, KS

#46 Nov 20, 2012
wow, i really cant believe you guys are going back and forth like this. lol i think its halarious. Me personally, i dont care what your sexual orientation is. Yes i have had other men come on to me and ask me out etc etc. my response: a polite no thank you. that is all. no other comments, no mean remarks. nothing. a simple no thank you and an "i dont care what you do". All you people tryign to turn this into some sort of religious argument etc etc. are you fucking kidding me? really? WHO CARES! I am christian through and through but it disgusts me when other christians spew hateful comments to others when they could just as easily keep their mouths shut and not worry about it. Respect a person for who they are and what they can do, not their sexual orientation. Ok your gay, i dont care, can you turn a wrench? can you run a computer? ya? ok your fucking hired! jesus people its not that hard.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#47 Nov 20, 2012
Don wrote:
wow, i really cant believe you guys are going back and forth like this. lol i think its halarious. Me personally, i dont care what your sexual orientation is. Yes i have had other men come on to me and ask me out etc etc. my response: a polite no thank you. that is all. no other comments, no mean remarks. nothing. a simple no thank you and an "i dont care what you do". All you people tryign to turn this into some sort of religious argument etc etc. are you fucking kidding me? really? WHO CARES! I am christian through and through but it disgusts me when other christians spew hateful comments to others when they could just as easily keep their mouths shut and not worry about it. Respect a person for who they are and what they can do, not their sexual orientation. Ok your gay, i dont care, can you turn a wrench? can you run a computer? ya? ok your fucking hired! jesus people its not that hard.
Sadly, life still isn't quite that easy for the gay folk. The reason that I have been here is because while I really wish everyone had your live and let live attitude, as demonstrated by our friend from Texas, that is not the case. I find it hard to remain silent in the face of his kind of maliciously misinformed rationalized and God blessed hatred. Lies have to be answered.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#48 Nov 21, 2012
Don wrote:
Please join TOPIX.

Your voice is needed.
KKK

Wichita, KS

#49 Nov 25, 2012
Nobody likes brown skin

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Relaxing Massages by Ruby (Sep '11) Jul 17 Morrie 27
Why Does Salina Hate Dogs? Jul 13 3019pit 1
Gabriel Tate convicted of rape! Jul 10 Mr Wade 1
News Police ID shooting victims (Jan '10) May '15 ann 2
Topeka's John Marteny on the Loose (Nov '13) May '15 scrappy 3
News ABC "Extreme Makeover Team" Working on House in... (Nov '08) May '15 Anonymous 39
Amie The Blonde at Pilot May '15 Reaperlady 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salina Mortgages