First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Disappointed

Fort Scott, KS

#1 May 31, 2012
I was shocked and disappointed to see this article: http://salinapost.com/2012/05/14/salina-city-... since we were planning to return to Salina. It appears the group that was in Manhattan moved to Salina to push for an unneeded ordinance. Manhattan voted in new commissioners and ended the ordinance before it took effect. Salina was always my favorite city in Kansas, emphasis on "was". If the ordinance stays in place I would expect based on other such ordinances that Salina will become disproportionally LGBT. Seriously, do you think there was a problem with people not renting to someone because of their sexual preferences? Were employees being fired because they identified with one of the groups in the LGBT community? Most likely not. More likely, a group travels the country and moves into areas to organize and try to push this legislation in an attempt to normalize and moralize homosexuality and the other components of the LGBT community. Good luck with that!
Reality

Lindsborg, KS

#3 Jun 5, 2012
Salina is already disproportionally LGBT. They probably
outnumber blacks and Latinos combined. A lot of them
lost their jobs building aircraft. I could name a few
Salina companies that were exclusively gay, like Dean
Markley.
More likely, a group travels the country and moves into areas to organize and try to push this legislation in an attempt to normalize and moralize homosexuality. Now you
are thinking like Fred Phelps.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#4 Jun 12, 2012
Disappointed wrote:
I was shocked and disappointed to see this article: http://salinapost.com/2012/05/14/salina-city-... since we were planning to return to Salina. It appears the group that was in Manhattan moved to Salina to push for an unneeded ordinance. Manhattan voted in new commissioners and ended the ordinance before it took effect. Salina was always my favorite city in Kansas, emphasis on "was". If the ordinance stays in place I would expect based on other such ordinances that Salina will become disproportionally LGBT. Seriously, do you think there was a problem with people not renting to someone because of their sexual preferences? Were employees being fired because they identified with one of the groups in the LGBT community? Most likely not. More likely, a group travels the country and moves into areas to organize and try to push this legislation in an attempt to normalize and moralize homosexuality and the other components of the LGBT community. Good luck with that!
I really don't mind disappointing you, but it was the people of Salina who pushed for this ordinance, because we saw a need. Yes, the Kansas Equality Coalition provided some support, but the real outsiders who were mucking about in the discussion were the ordinance's opponents, they were busing in bigots from across the state. Salina is never going to become disproportionately LGBT, but maybe someday this will become a city that young LGBT don't want to get away from. I'm not the least bit sorry that Salina is no longer your favorite city in Kansas, we deserve better.

this one

#5 Jun 12, 2012
city govt run amuck wrote:
Your supposedly enlightened elected officials, who claim to be acting in the communit 's best interest, have a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
What you fail to realize is that we in fact proved that such a problem does exist and that it needed to be addressed. We enlightened our elected officials as to the reality of LGBT people in Salina, you can stay in the dark in Towanda.

Since: Sep 11

Concordia, KS

#7 Jun 13, 2012
hahahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you presented a perceived problem. A problem perceived by a small minority of "enlightened" people. Any group of people, who wish to call themselves a minority and bring attention to their supplosed persecution and perceived problems, can push for such unneeded legislation if organized well enough. Whats's next on the agenda? Maybe a Vegan Protection Ordinance...how about stopping the persecution of Model Train Enthusiasts?
No way, those model train enthusiast are the devil! Says so in the bible! All they wanna do is push their immoral and inappropriate behavior on our school children! Before you know it the kids will be building scale model towns and people and placing them around scale model railroad tracks! Where does it stop? Where do we draw the line?

this one

#8 Jun 13, 2012
hahahaha wrote:
No, you presented a perceived problem. A problem perceived by a small minority of "enlightened" people. Any group of people, who wish to call themselves a minority and bring attention to their supplosed persecution and perceived problems, can push for such unneeded legislation if organized well enough. Whats's next on the agenda? Maybe a Vegan Protection Ordinance...how about stopping the persecution of Model Train Enthusiasts?
No dear, we presented an actual problem and evidence of those who had been discriminated against in our own community. As for the rest of your whine, you really offer nothing worth responding to. By the way, the ordinance doesn't merely protect those of us who are LGBT, it protects all people from discrimination on the basis of their sexual orientation and gender identity and I assume that you have one of each, so the law would address discrimination on that basis for you as well.

this one

#9 Jun 13, 2012
A Wichita based group has begun a petition drive to repeal OUR ordinance. The deceptively named, Kansas Family Policy Council, now has six months to collect roughly 1600 signatures to either force the commission to reconsider, or put the question to the voters. Hopefully these out of town meddlers will fail miserably at what should be an easily obtainable goal. A word of advice to any local useful idiots passing around these petitions, you aren't going to want to ask me to sign on to this hate group's agenda.

this one

#12 Jun 14, 2012
hahahaha wrote:
I believe there are laws that protect these people asking for signatures, are there not? Keep threatening them, it really shows your true colors. You don't want equal protection under the law, you want preferential treatment based upon ,of all things, your sexual perversions. Keep writing, it shows waht a bigout YOU are.
Buttercup, you seriously need to work on your reading comprehension skills, I haven't threatened anyone. I'm just telling anyone who bothers to read this, that if they are stupid enough to hand me one of their little petitions, they are going to learn exactly how I feel about it, nothing more. As for your ridiculous notion of "special protections", I'm assuming that you have a sexual orientation (even if it is just theoretical) and a gender identity as well, that means the law would protect you as well, moron. You're done.

this one

#14 Jun 14, 2012
hahaha wrote:
Limpwrist, I will again state; This ordinance is a ploy by people of your ilk to obtain a special legal satus based on your deviant sexual practices. You are on the way to being classified as a minority and afforded special protection under the law...mind you, not equal, but special protection. This turns my stomach. Bye, moron.
Listen, you pathetic waste of human potential, I'm more of a man than you could ever hope or pray to be. You can spin this however turns you on, but the reality is that it protects EVERYONE, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. If this turns your stomach, that's your problem, not ours. Why don't you go haunt a thread where you can at least fake having a f*cking clue as to what you are whining about, this clearly ain't it. You can reply if you want, but as far as I'm concerned, you're done.
CTB

Salina, KS

#16 Aug 15, 2012
I can't imagine why anyone who calls themselves American would say that aN ordinance ensuring fair treatment to ALL is not needed. It is your right to disagree with the homosexual lifestyle, it is however NOT your right to impede on the rights of another based simply upon your distaste for their sexual orientation. I certainly hope that my children never catch the viral hate that the good Christians around here are spreading. If someone can tell me where in the Bible that Jesus says he hates homosexuals (or anyone for that matter) I would certainly be willing to rethink my stance, but I'm betting that there's nothing of the like in the Holy Bible and it certainly won't be written in red!
What
#17 Aug 16, 2012
CTB wrote:
I can't imagine why anyone who calls themselves American would say that aN ordinance ensuring fair treatment to ALL is not needed. It is your right to disagree with the homosexual lifestyle, it is however NOT your right to impede on the rights of another based simply upon your distaste for their sexual orientation. I certainly hope that my children never catch the viral hate that the good Christians around here are spreading. If someone can tell me where in the Bible that Jesus says he hates homosexuals (or anyone for that matter) I would certainly be willing to rethink my stance, but I'm betting that there's nothing of the like in the Holy Bible and it certainly won't be written in red!
So, a true American should not voice an opinion against what they deem to be an unneeded government intervention in a matter? You are taking a lesson from the obama school of government - "divide and conquer."
CTB

Topeka, KS

#18 Aug 23, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>
So, a true American should not voice an opinion against what they deem to be an unneeded government intervention in a matter? You are taking a lesson from the obama school of government - "divide and conquer."
There is a need, if there are fewer rights for one part of the population versus the rest of the population then there is indeed a need. I believe I said it IS your right to disagree but it is NOT your right to infringe upon the rights of others! I simply stated that I cannot believe that any American would WANT for any one person to have more or less rights than anyone else. You certainly feel free to spew any number of hateful comments you want! It won't change not a one of the documents that this country is founded on! By the way, I voted for McCain, I just believe that right is right and fair is fair! It's funny how everytime something comes up like this that people like you start making reference to Obama, if comments like this are your only ammunition perhaps you should watch and attempt to comprehend a little more real news and stop watching Fox news!
Sadly

United States

#19 Aug 23, 2012
Reality wrote:
Salina is already disproportionally LGBT. They probably
outnumber blacks and Latinos combined. A lot of them
lost their jobs building aircraft. I could name a few
Salina companies that were exclusively gay, like Dean
Markley.
More likely, a group travels the country and moves into areas to organize and try to push this legislation in an attempt to normalize and moralize homosexuality. Now you
are thinking like Fred Phelps.
From observation, what I see is that a group is moving into to the areas, how else would you see Manhattan having something like that slip through but their city commission was considerate and wise enough to at least give a grace period before the ordinance moved forward giving the people time to speak and they did and it was repelled. Sadly, it is not the place of man to change the moral code for the people that follow God's laws. It is too bad that it is no longer considered a mental health issue because if you review the info, you'll learn it was based on more than sodomy, think depression, suicide, self-loathing, etc. which explains why members of the LGBT have such adjustment problems not actually related to their acceptance by others but by their inability to accept themselves. They "mirror" their feelings about themselves and develop a sort of paranoia thinking that everyone around them is obsessed by their sexuality when, we just don't want to know.

this one

#20 Aug 23, 2012
Sadly wrote:
From observation, what I see is that a group is moving into to the areas, how else would you see Manhattan having something like that slip through but their city commission was considerate and wise enough to at least give a grace period before the ordinance moved forward giving the people time to speak and they did and it was repelled. Sadly, it is not the place of man to change the moral code for the people that follow God's laws. It is too bad that it is no longer considered a mental health issue because if you review the info, you'll learn it was based on more than sodomy, think depression, suicide, self-loathing, etc. which explains why members of the LGBT have such adjustment problems not actually related to their acceptance by others but by their inability to accept themselves. They "mirror" their feelings about themselves and develop a sort of paranoia thinking that everyone around them is obsessed by their sexuality when, we just don't want to know.
There have always been Gay people in Salina and every other community in Kansas. While many flee from the all too prevalent "opposition" that insists on reminding us that they have chosen to believe that we are nothing but sinners, among other colorful assaults on our humanity, some remain and some of us come back to build our lives and even families. Being LGBT is not in and of itself a mental health issue, most have no problems in that regard whatsoever, but it does take a heck of a lot of strength to grow up this different among all you self-professed, good moral characters who demean us and even insist on denying us equal protection under the laws which are guaranteed to you based on your religious choices, no matter what they might be this week.

Fortunately the petition drive seeking to repeal this measure of respect to our rights as citizens is running into serious troubles of their own making. Nearly 20% of the signatures had to be discarded because the organizers couldn't be bothered to have them notarized properly and nearly 30% of the signatures checked thus far have been invalidated because they aren't registered voters in Salina or had been signed up by someone else. They may not have enough valid signatures for the petition to be considered. It couldn't happen to a more deserving group if you ask me.
Jennifer

Phoenix, AZ

#21 Aug 23, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>No dear, we presented an actual problem and evidence of those who had been discriminated against in our own community. As for the rest of your whine, you really offer nothing worth responding to. By the way, the ordinance doesn't merely protect those of us who are LGBT, it protects all people from discrimination on the basis of their sexual orientation and gender identity and I assume that you have one of each, so the law would address discrimination on that basis for you as well.
Search for the words "Fake hate crimes" and you'll find dozens and even hundreds of stories of gays who were caught attacking themselves and then claiming to be "persecuted."

Two recent examples: The lesbian in Nebraska who attacked herself and filed a false police report. The FBI investigated and found that she lied about everything. They have her on video buying the items that she claimed were used by her attackers!

The two lesbians in Colorado who spray painted words on their own house and car and then filed a false police report. The detectives found traces of the exact same paint on their own hands and clothing!

About 99 percent of all "gay persecutions" are gays attacking themselves and each other, trying to get sympathy from gullible fools and liberals!

search

this one

#22 Aug 24, 2012
Jennifer wrote:
Search for the words "Fake hate crimes" and you'll find dozens and even hundreds of stories of gays who were caught attacking themselves and then claiming to be "persecuted."
Two recent examples: The lesbian in Nebraska who attacked herself and filed a false police report. The FBI investigated and found that she lied about everything. They have her on video buying the items that she claimed were used by her attackers!
The two lesbians in Colorado who spray painted words on their own house and car and then filed a false police report. The detectives found traces of the exact same paint on their own hands and clothing!
About 99 percent of all "gay persecutions" are gays attacking themselves and each other, trying to get sympathy from gullible fools and liberals!
search
Yes, there are a FEW who, for whatever incredibly misguided reason, have faked crimes against themselves, but they are the exception rather than the rule and you damn well know it. You are lying to yourself and others in order to rationalize your ugly irrational hate, that you have made all too clear in your posts here and on other threads relating to stories about the gay community. The FBI has reports of THOUSANDS of very real crimes, including murders, committed for no other reason than your kind of hate against us is carried too far. I'd say that you should be ashamed of yourself, but that would be a waste of breath, you've made it all to obvious that you have no shame, guy who calls himself "Jennifer".
Jordan

Phoenix, AZ

#24 Aug 28, 2012
I'm concerned about gay men adopting children for molestations in private. We need to protect the children of America from these same sex perverts.

I wonder if the police in Salina have ever questioned teenage boys who have been molested, so they can find out what gay men are molesting children? If they could identify those individuals, they could stop the molestations by prosecuting them the way they've gone after the gay pervert Jerry Sandusky and catholic priests.

this one

#25 Aug 28, 2012
Jordan wrote:
(nothing that deserves repeating)
I'm concerned that you aren't getting the help you need: http://www.azdhs.gov/bhs/

You're misinformed and dangerous to children because of that. Jerry Sandusky and the vast majority of the priests guilty of sexual abuse were by all standards heterosexual in terms of their adult behaviors. You send people off to look for some gay bogeyman that rarely exists while pretending that heterosexual men don't harm little boys. There is more than thirty years of scientific study which proves just how wrong and how dangerous your lies are:
http://www.childmolestationprevention.org/pdf...
Alan

Harlingen, TX

#26 Oct 15, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a liberal-outsourced, Big-Government solution in search of a problem. To know it's true nature, you must sniff out the ones's pushing for it: the "Equality" folk and their ideological allies - gay activists.

In fact, every time you read a news story about these types of bills in other parts of the country, it's always the gay activists groups that're pushing them. What does that tell you? "These bills protect everyone", was one quote. Since when was "everyone" so oppressed and marginalized they had to lobby to get some Liberal Big-Government mandate imported in from the more liberal areas of the country.

Well, I'm one of "everybody", and I don't need any protection. When I feel any threat, I just keep my chin up, square my jaw, and become doubly purposeful in what I'm doing. I don't need no overreaching lobby to sweep in with their "progressive" values to cater to my whims. This legislation is not about "Everybody" it's a gay-entitlement bill dressed in deceptive language.
Alan

Harlingen, TX

#27 Oct 15, 2012
Here's one example that proves bills such as these are merely gay entitlement bills in disguise. These bills have generated from and patterned themselves after those "anti-bullying" bills in schools (the brainchild of gay activists who envisioned it as a way to camoflauge promotion of homosexuality in schools)).

Looking at the 2012 Representative Assembly of the nation's largest teachers' organization, the National Education Association (an extremely pro-homosexual organization) I noticed something very telling: In past discussions of anti-bullying efforts, there was always a list of vulnerable groups that were the justification for it, which sexual orientation was included.

While airing out the motions,NEA President, Dennis Van Roekel, begins to articulate the need to prompt Department of Education to spend more dollars for research that illustrates the causes and effects of bullying both inside and outside of the classroom and expand and build upon the instruments and reporting mechanisms of bullying to improve our understanding of how bullying translates to homophobia in society.

What is extremely telling is how he doesn't express any desire to get extra Federal funding to address things like racism or bullying against people for things like National origin, gender, or religion, etc.- all those things on that same long list of enumerations as sexual orientation.

This Freaudian slip reveals the truth, for all those other enumerations were all just window dressing to keep people from noticing that this legislation caters to gays and no other.

Same with Employee Non-discrimination. This solution in search of a problem puts gays on a list of categories to lend a veneer of credibility so nobody notices it's a gay-entitlement bill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cattle prices could lead to thefts Dec 10 Beth hanson 1
Jack Edward Urbanek Dec 8 infofinder 1
Woman named Christi ??? In salina spreading HIV Dec 5 Mistermizer 1
Pedophiles in Salina (Aug '09) Oct '14 laughing_spider 11
Filipinos in salina Oct '14 Jjmedina 1
Salina Music Selection (Sep '12) Oct '14 Musikologist 10
Review: Pioneer Presidents Place Oct '14 Louise 1
Salina Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Salina People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Salina News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Salina

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:42 pm PST

NBC Sports 6:42PM
St. Louis Rams lose 37-27 to Giants at home - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 7:22 PM
Giants Show Resiliency, Maturity in Win
Bleacher Report 7:49 PM
How Far Can Steelers' Big Three Carry Them?
Bleacher Report 8:45 PM
Roethlisberger Proves His Toughness vs. Chiefs
Yahoo! Sports 9:51 PM
Seahawks crush Cardinals to take control of NFC West