Concerned for Lindsborg

Mcpherson, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

I'm concerned about the health of the community as well as the health of the people of the Smoky Valley! The current hospital administration and board have taken it upon themselves to make decisions regarding my healthcare that I do not agree with! In a community that has a history of difficulty finding qualified doctors to come here, I think it is irresponsible to fire a longtime, highly qualified doctor. They have said that there is no "cause" for his dismissal, which leads me to believe that it is a personality conflict. Was there any type of mediation or outside help to solve the problem? From what I've heard, the doctor was blindsided by this decision and wasn't given any reason or opportunity to correct any perceived issues that the administration may have had. They are planning to bring in "locums" doctors and physician assistants on a rotating basis. NO THANK YOU. I do not want to have to explain my medical history, which is complicated, over and over to a new doctor every time I have an appointment. And, I have no desire to see a PA, who has neither the education or experience to handle my medical issues. I am disappointed that the administration and board are so shortsighted and dismissive of the needs of patients. In my opinion, this is an error that can only be corrected by replacing an inept CEO and a rubber stamping Board of Directors. Shame on you for having such a cavalier attitude. SHAME ON YOU.
Kris Erickson

Marion, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

Interesting that "Concerned" has hidden their identity. I have no such qualms as I have seen the truth of this situation.

The termination of this doctor has met with overwhelming support by the staff of the Hospital and Clinic. This should speak volumes as to why his termination was necessary. Yet... a group of "concerned" citizens wish to push him back into a position where he is clearly not welcome.

A smear campaign has been launched and the fear-mongering has begun. A small group has lied to the press, hidden their names in news articles, and utterly misled the public in their pursuit of forcing a private business to hire back an unwelcome employee.

The truth of the matter is that the medical center's patient and employee satisfaction surveys prove that the administration is doing a GREAT job. The hospital is an award winning facility. The CEO and Board have enjoyed great community support until this one event surfaced.

The citizens will still be served by doctors. Their favorite doctors? Perhaps not, but served by the doctors these local physicians have left in charge so they can have their weekends off. Yes, the doctors who are leaving brought these temporary physicians into the community in the first place.

Attacking the board and CEO is both immature and misinformed. The shame goes to those who have misled and lied the public, and those who have spewed hatred in support of such lies.
pappys insiders

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Kris Erickson wrote:
Interesting that "Concerned" has hidden their identity. I have no such qualms as I have seen the truth of this situation.
The termination of this doctor has met with overwhelming support by the staff of the Hospital and Clinic. This should speak volumes as to why his termination was necessary. Yet... a group of "concerned" citizens wish to push him back into a position where he is clearly not welcome.
A smear campaign has been launched and the fear-mongering has begun. A small group has lied to the press, hidden their names in news articles, and utterly misled the public in their pursuit of forcing a private business to hire back an unwelcome employee.
The truth of the matter is that the medical center's patient and employee satisfaction surveys prove that the administration is doing a GREAT job. The hospital is an award winning facility. The CEO and Board have enjoyed great community support until this one event surfaced.
The citizens will still be served by doctors. Their favorite doctors? Perhaps not, but served by the doctors these local physicians have left in charge so they can have their weekends off. Yes, the doctors who are leaving brought these temporary physicians into the community in the first place.
Attacking the board and CEO is both immature and misinformed. The shame goes to those who have misled and lied the public, and those who have spewed hatred in support of such lies.
HA HA HA !! WATCH THE KS BUMPKIN HICK MD QUACKS SQUIRM AS THE PORKS ARE INSERTED RIGHT UP THEIR USA IMAGE ALL OVER THE USA !! HA HA HA !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Salina Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Salina People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••