This tornado destroyed the Sundowner ...

This tornado destroyed the Sundowner East Trailer Park in Salina back on September 25th, 1973.

There are 2 comments on the KSALLink.com story from Sep 25, 2008, titled This tornado destroyed the Sundowner East Trailer Park in Salina back on September 25th, 1973.. In it, KSALLink.com reports that:

This tornado destroyed the Sundowner East Trailer Park in Salina back on September 25th, 1973.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSALLink.com.

Connie

Tescott, KS

#1 Nov 23, 2008
We survived that tornado and came out of the shelter with nothing but our clothes on our backs and our 2 kids. We felt very lucky to have survived. Thanks to a friend that called us at the last minute we were saved.
I feel bad for Chapman and Greensburg because I know what it is like to start life over with nothing. I commend Greensburg for going Green!
Johnny

Mesa, AZ

#2 Dec 27, 2008
Trailer parks and twisters just don't go together. My theory is that twisters hate metal buildings. My grandfather had a tool shed covered with corrugated metal in the middle of his farm yard. It was surrounded by four wooden buildings. A twister dropped down, took the metal building away, and left the four wooden buildings intact! Twisters just don't like metal buildings or mobile homes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Longtime Lindsborg physician fired (Jul '12) Aug 9 jaxxin quackins 30
jacob d. cote (Jul '14) Jul '16 Riley 4
Higher Praise Church Leadership affairs Jun '16 howdydoyou 9
fancy chinese food and the best (Mar '09) Jun '16 Wowwie 9
Family Affair Jun '16 the stupids 9
Amie The Blonde at Pilot (Mar '15) Apr '16 wtf 6
need recliner to decorate front porch (Sep '15) Apr '16 wtf 3

Salina Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance