Salina PD investigating man's homicide in Sunset Park

Jul 25, 2010 Full story: KWCH

One man is dead after a shooting early Sunday evening in Salina's Sunset Park. Salina Deputy Police Chief Carson Mansfield tells Eyewitness News there isn't much information available yet, but police are looking for a known homicide suspect.

Full Story
WTF

Salina, KS

#1 Jul 25, 2010
What happened to the days when someone said something stupid and they just punched each other in the face. Ego's and guns don't mix. It's too easy to pull a trigger.
ALL OF SALINA MUST LISTEN

Baytown, TX

#2 Jul 25, 2010
Although I wish it were, I don't believe that this will be the end to this story. Crime is real in Salina and so are the gangs and gang rivalry. My advise to Salina schools, parents and PD is to pay attention to the youngsters who are vulnerable to the gang lifestyle and to listen and pick up on any and all rivalry issues. So, parents listen and pay attention to your kids, school staff keep your ears and eyes open but be careful not to stereo type students, PD its time to take a different approach in your community. All officers need to be more proactive with the youngsters!!!!!! on a daily basis. Don't be afraid to reach out and take a positive approach as well!!!! Don't worry, we won't label you as a Case Manager or Social Worker. PD just needs to reevaluate their approach to youth and gangs in the community. Change is good. This I know, I worked with this young man and many other gang members in the Salina area so please don't disregard my statements. I love this community and there are too many good people in this community...so everyone get involved and make a difference in your community in some capacity today....start with the child in your home first or maybe the kid with no father or no mother living down the street from you. You know that kid...stop ignoring him or her. It's time to open up your hearts and minds to change Salina.
Missy

Marion, KS

#4 May 28, 2011
When you have police officers kids selling drugs and 90% of the violence in town with corrupt judges that keep releasing them, that town is pretty much a toilet. While Ellen Mitchell keeps turning a blind eye its time for people to start voting in that town and get the dirt out of office.Anyone ever call the Salina PD for help ? I know, that's a frikn joke !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pedophiles in Salina (Aug '09) Oct 31 laughing_spider 11
Filipinos in salina Oct 30 Jjmedina 1
Salina Music Selection (Sep '12) Oct '14 Musikologist 10
Review: Pioneer Presidents Place Oct '14 Louise 1
house on 130 N. Second... (Apr '12) Sep '14 Neighbor 2
being gay in salina kansas Sep '14 archaboy 2
how old do you have to be to move out (Jan '07) Aug '14 O_J Alxxxha 79
Salina Dating
Find my Match

Salina People Search