Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Sammi wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to disagree with You just based on the fact that cars may cause "accidents", but You have to physically(by hand) pull the trigger on a gun... meaning it's a physical/conscious effort to fire a gun.
this is good if you follow the logic behind it vs some of your other post "you have to physically (by hand) pull the trigger" which proves the point that guns don't kill people, people kill people. Also to your point the car doesn't drive itself you gave ti physically start it, put it in gear and drive it down the highway (by hand) it is a physical/ conscious effort to drive a car.
just dumb

Harveyville, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

The Shadow Knows wrote:
<quoted text>
And Chicago is one of the cities with the strictest gun control laws.
Also Obumer can legislate laws against gang violence to cut down on that. You idiots that want to replace guns with feathers, I feel sorry for you. When you are in trouble I will not use one of my guns to protect you.
Chicago does not jail repeat weapons violators. Send them to jail and save lives. Do the crime do the time stop probation for felons with guns.
killerpizza

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

yeah thats it
meanwhile...
where do most criminals get their guns ??
of course
from so called smart and legal gun owners.
the stupid leave them in their cars, at home in the open, and in their pockets when they fall down drunk.
good job !!
no wonder you need more and more guns
you lose them
criminals find them.
thanks a lot.
Sammi

Lake Orion, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

gunowner wrote:
<quoted text> this is good if you follow the logic behind it vs some of your other post "you have to physically (by hand) pull the trigger" which proves the point that guns don't kill people, people kill people. Also to your point the car doesn't drive itself you gave ti physically start it, put it in gear and drive it down the highway (by hand) it is a physical/ conscious effort to drive a car.
...but it isn't a physical/consious effort to do harm with a car like it is a gun. A car is to drive. If there IS an "accident" it's not intentional(that's why they call them accidents) like the firing of a gun. When you fire a gun, You have to purposely be aiming at something wanting to shoot it. Correct? Come on now, let's be serious. Even a 'Gunowner' can't deny this.
Maybe I just can't explain it well enough. look up the two words: Gun, and Automobile in the dictionay and it will help You understand the difference.
Sammi

Lake Orion, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

gunowner wrote:
All of you should be pleased to know that this last weekend I actually sold one of my firearms. It was a nice little SKS that I didn't think i needed anymore. And with the money I collected I decided to purchase a sweet Remington model 7400 still semi automatic just like the SKS but it has so much more power I love it!
Well, Hot Dam, Let's have us a Ho down! HA
Sammi

Lake Orion, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

just dumb wrote:
<quoted text>Chicago does not jail repeat weapons violators. Send them to jail and save lives. Do the crime do the time stop probation for felons with guns.
I say start cutting off their fingers. No more over crowded prisons,plus the shootings stop. "Winner, winner, chicken dinner"!
gunowner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Sammi wrote:
<quoted text>
...but it isn't a physical/consious effort to do harm with a car like it is a gun. A car is to drive. If there IS an "accident" it's not intentional(that's why they call them accidents) like the firing of a gun. When you fire a gun, You have to purposely be aiming at something wanting to shoot it. Correct? Come on now, let's be serious. Even a 'Gunowner' can't deny this.
Maybe I just can't explain it well enough. look up the two words: Gun, and Automobile in the dictionay and it will help You understand the difference.
ok lets look at the numbers in 2010 there where 32,885 deaths involving automobile's (source: wikipedia auto deaths by year) and the number of homicides involving firearms for 2010 11,078 (source: cdc firearm homicides) the total number of homicides for 2010 was 16,259 (also cdc) so it would seem that you are almost 3 times more likely to die in a car accident than getting shot by another person. And I'm sure someone will say the total number of firearm deaths is a lot higher but I do not count suicides simply because anyone dumb enough to off themselves doesn't deserve to be a statistic. Since the total number of homicides is higher than firearm homicides I guess there are still a few other ways to kill another person 5181 to be exact.
WhatThe

Independence, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Sammi wrote:
<quoted text>
People use cars in a physical/consious effort to kill other people. Those intentional murders are just like using a firearm. People can, and do, use both to kill.
Old Timer

Kenmore, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

WhatThe wrote:
<quoted text>
People use cars in a physical/consious effort to kill other people. Those intentional murders are just like using a firearm. People can, and do, use both to kill.
I agree, watch the news. In recent months, people have been increasingly driving vehicles right through store fronts. One on the news showed a van go at high speed through a store front in order to hit an ATM machine. No, they did not get any money. However, they did not care if there was a person in the way either. So, even though I am a gun owner I still believe a vehicle can be used like a gun to kill. Honestly, I think sometimes it comes down to what a person has on hand at the time, gun, car, chainsaw...
invalid numbers

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

gunowner wrote:
<quoted text> ok lets look at the numbers in 2010 there where 32,885 deaths involving automobile's (source: wikipedia auto deaths by year) and the number of homicides involving firearms for 2010 11,078 (source: cdc firearm homicides) the total number of homicides for 2010 was 16,259 (also cdc) so it would seem that you are almost 3 times more likely to die in a car accident than getting shot by another person. And I'm sure someone will say the total number of firearm deaths is a lot higher but I do not count suicides simply because anyone dumb enough to off themselves doesn't deserve to be a statistic. Since the total number of homicides is higher than firearm homicides I guess there are still a few other ways to kill another person 5181 to be exact.
If you are going to start throwing numbers around try using equitable numbers.
You used total deaths in cars, but only homicides in guns - what about the difference between accidental death in vehicles as compared to intentional deaths with the use of firearms. What about the suicides using vehicles, you didn't break that down.
the issue that came up was the difference between intentional killing -not accidents.
gunowner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

invalid numbers wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to start throwing numbers around try using equitable numbers.
You used total deaths in cars, but only homicides in guns - what about the difference between accidental death in vehicles as compared to intentional deaths with the use of firearms. What about the suicides using vehicles, you didn't break that down.
the issue that came up was the difference between intentional killing -not accidents.
The point of the numbers was to show that you are more likely to die by accident in a car than to be purposely killed by someone with a gun. But if you would like I will find the numbers and break them down for you.
invalid numbers

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

gunowner wrote:
<quoted text> The point of the numbers was to show that you are more likely to die by accident in a car than to be purposely killed by someone with a gun. But if you would like I will find the numbers and break them down for you.
And you're more likely to die of cancer than from falling down a well - apples to apples oranges to oranges. And no, breaking down the numbers is not important because it doesn't matter, throwing out all these stats is nothing but a smokescreen to avoid addressing the real issue - at issue here is not what inanimate object is ultimately used the most to cause death. What's at issue here is how do we slow down the killing.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

gunowner wrote:
<quoted text> The point of the numbers was to show that you are more likely to die by accident in a car than to be purposely killed by someone with a gun. But if you would like I will find the numbers and break them down for you.
If firearms were good for anything but killing animals and humans, if you could drive your firearm to the grocery store or on the family vacation, the auto accidents vs. firearm homicides stats might be relevant to the discussion at hand.

The "automobiles kill" argument was lame the first time some firearm extremist used it to try to defend the recent multiple homicides by firearms of 6 and 7-year-olds and other innocents and to try to avoid any further firearm regulations.
gunowner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
If firearms were good for anything but killing animals and humans, if you could drive your firearm to the grocery store or on the family vacation, the auto accidents vs. firearm homicides stats might be relevant to the discussion at hand.
The "automobiles kill" argument was lame the first time some firearm extremist used it to try to defend the recent multiple homicides by firearms of 6 and 7-year-olds and other innocents and to try to avoid any further firearm regulations.
So am I reading into what you are saying correctly? If not let me know. What I get from you is the whole country should be punished because of the actions of one person. Lanza did not own the guns he used, he stole them from his mother after he killed her. But since he used stolen guns my legally purchased guns should be banned right? Blame law abiding citizens for the actions of criminals right? That is what i hear
the issue

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Let's talk about what's at the heart of the issue, "gunowner" do you acknowledge that there is a problem to begin with?
gunowner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

the issue wrote:
Let's talk about what's at the heart of the issue, "gunowner" do you acknowledge that there is a problem to begin with?
With guns or people? In my opinion the only problem there is with guns is what people choose to do with them. Guns, cars, knives........ are not a problem when used properly by someone who knows and understands how to use them. The biggest issue I have is with the misinformation being put out by the liberal media and clueless government officials who don't even know what they are tying to ban, they are making up this ban list simply because it looks evil. The way a lot of people I have talked to are under the impression that anyone who owns a gun is just waiting for a chance to kill someone which is not true or they are buying into the media thinking gun owners are walking around with fully automatic weapons again not true. Full auto weapons were banned in 1934 unless a person wants to spend several thousands of dollars to get a class 3 firearms licence. To answer the question No I do not think there is a problem with guns, I think there is a problem with people. Why should the actions of a few control the majority?
the issue

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

gunowner wrote:
<quoted text> With guns or people? In my opinion the only problem there is with guns is what people choose to do with them. Guns, cars, knives........ are not a problem when used properly by someone who knows and understands how to use them. The biggest issue I have is with the misinformation being put out by the liberal media and clueless government officials who don't even know what they are tying to ban, they are making up this ban list simply because it looks evil. The way a lot of people I have talked to are under the impression that anyone who owns a gun is just waiting for a chance to kill someone which is not true or they are buying into the media thinking gun owners are walking around with fully automatic weapons again not true. Full auto weapons were banned in 1934 unless a person wants to spend several thousands of dollars to get a class 3 firearms licence. To answer the question No I do not think there is a problem with guns, I think there is a problem with people. Why should the actions of a few control the majority?
So, what you are saying is that there is a problem with the way people handle and treat guns - that is what the Democrats have been saying all along. It's not a one-component problem, it's not just about the guns or just about the people, it's what happens when you put the two together.
It's absolutely true that if you put a bunch of guns in a locked room and no one every goes near it, there's not problem. But once that door is unlocked and say 101 people grab the guns, 100 of those people are perfectly fine, will take care of the gun and no one gets hurt, but it's the 101st person who has something going on in his brain that causes him to take that gun and begin killing.
We need to talk about every option to try and reduce the innocent from being killed. I personally don't think that a ban on guns will prevent crime, but common sense pretty much will back up that if there aren't as many guns on the streets there won't be as many gun crimes and accidents. But then again if there are fewer people there are fewer crimes and accidents, so maybe we should just go ahead and kill off a bunch of people to decrease the percentages.
No one has ever talked about taking guns - despite what the right wing pundits insist on repeating in their attempt to to scare people into thinking that the democrats are evil.
And yes we do pass laws because of the actions of a few - that's pretty much how every law in the country was instituted.

“Dump Brownback ”

Since: Oct 10

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

gunowner wrote:
<quoted text> So am I reading into what you are saying correctly? If not let me know. What I get from you is the whole country should be punished because of the actions of one person. Lanza did not own the guns he used, he stole them from his mother after he killed her. But since he used stolen guns my legally purchased guns should be banned right? Blame law abiding citizens for the actions of criminals right? That is what i hear
How do you get how "law abiding citizens" as you claim are being "punished"?

Growing up in a a gun free culture is a reward, not a punishment.
gunowner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

the issue wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has ever talked about taking guns - despite what the right wing pundits insist on repeating in their attempt to to scare people into thinking that the democrats are evil.
And yes we do pass laws because of the actions of a few - that's pretty much how every law in the country was instituted.
you might want to look up some quotes from Fienstien she has been quoted say if she could get the votes she would have every man and woman turn in their guns. Also Missouri Democrats are trying to push a law that would require anyone who owns what they consider assault rifles to either remove them from the state or turn them in for destruction.
As for the laws they should make the punishment for gun crimes more severe on the criminal not the law abiding citizen.
Now for the kangaroo taking away might right to choose is punishment. Nowhere does it say you have to purchase a firearm it is a choice. It is simple if you don't want a gun don't by one but that doesn't mean that i shouldn't have the choice to buy one if I want one.

“Dump Brownback ”

Since: Oct 10

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

gunowner wrote:
<quoted text> you might want to look up some quotes from Fienstien she has been quoted say if she could get the votes she would have every man and woman turn in their guns. Also Missouri Democrats are trying to push a law that would require anyone who owns what they consider assault rifles to either remove them from the state or turn them in for destruction.
As for the laws they should make the punishment for gun crimes more severe on the criminal not the law abiding citizen.
Now for the kangaroo taking away might right to choose is punishment. Nowhere does it say you have to purchase a firearm it is a choice. It is simple if you don't want a gun don't by one but that doesn't mean that i shouldn't have the choice to buy one if I want one.
Interesting. How is that different if I want a tank, or if I want cocaine?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Salina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KS Who do you favor in the Kansas governor's race? 2 hr Ontopofit 177
KS Kansas Voting Disqualification Amendment - Ment... (Oct '10) 18 hr MSRose 202
jacob d. cote Aug 14 I do 3
Officials, potential customers welcome new groc... Jul 28 Eugene Dean 1
Is there a chinese community in Salina Jul 25 RichardRi 1
How to get friend out of jail earlier than paro... (Jul '08) Jul '14 crystal 60
Obama busses Jul '14 Big Daddy 1

Search the Salina Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Salina Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000