Hiawatha, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

All of the liberal NO GUN whacks that choose to ignore personal responsibility are FREE TO MOVE TO Chitcago or New York, where the nazi gubberment has already created laws, removing guns from the law abiding people who live there.

Who has the guns that kill? Gang bangers, drug lords and other scum criminals.

How did the laws work out for them?? Not good.

And you expect them to work HERE?? I think not.

But, you can take your candy ass out of this state, and go live with scum stacked on top of scum.

We love you, too!
Speech

Chanute, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither is owning a gun
BILL OF RIGHTS
Second Amendment: A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the RIGHT of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Speech

Chanute, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

The Kangaroo wrote:
<quoted text>
In a sense we do, in the sense that there is freedom of the press...if you own one. The "background check" there consists of cold, hard cash.
That's one of a few ways modern technology has improved life. Newspapers - entraprenneurial freedom of speech and the press - are dying. Everybody's a pundit. George Will has nothing on Joe Schmoe.
So you think cold cash should replace a government background check for getting something published or buying a firearm.
militia

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Speech wrote:
<quoted text>
BILL OF RIGHTS
Second Amendment: A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the RIGHT of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
When did "A well regulated Militia" get twisted to mean "A well-armed unregulated populace?"
Monkey

Chanute, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

militia wrote:
<quoted text>
When did "A well regulated Militia" get twisted to mean "A well-armed unregulated populace?"
Militia are citizens armed with private firearms. Minuteman were militia. The "shot heard around the world", and Paul Revere, militia. The American Army was not militia. The people that wrote the Second Amendment did so to protect the right of citizens to own firearms. How is this known? Because those people that wrote it were around to make sure citizens KEPT their firearms. They also watched those private firearms being used by citizens to fight in wars after the amendment was written. They did not create laws to remove ownership of firearms. For those that don't remember American History from grade school, there are some good movies to help understand what the milita is. Just last week "Patriot" was on TV, watch it.
militia

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

A militia did constitute private citizens, but together as a group, individuals are not militias. And thank you, but no I will not learn my history from fictional movies on tv!
Gun control in one form or another has occured in America since the first Europeans landed on this continent.
Uncle Shotgun

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

militia wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to think in 18th century (1700's) English. "A well regulated militia being necessary to a free state means" a state can hold a militia to protect itself from a tyranical federal government. Well regulated means clean new weapons, ammunition etc. in good working order. The federal government sticking its nose in this business defeats the whole purpose of the amendment.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

militia wrote:
<quoted text>
We have multiple well regulated militias. We call them the National Guard and the Reserves. Civilians, not now serving in National Guards or Reserves would argue they're a part of that well regulated militia. They're not.

They're scared little wusses who wish the 2nd Amendment allowed them to own any human killing machine they can afford to buy. It doesn't. The Founding Fathers would laugh at their claim that they're a well regulated militia.

These wannabes live their lives in fear of a government they think wants to take away their sporting arms. It doesn't want to. They have delusions of grandeur and forward to the overthrow of a duly-elected government they don't like.

They're sad, insecure, loner, loser, misfit little guys whose only hope of being someone in the real world requires them to be better armed than their educational, emotional, financial and mental superiors. As one of their superiors, they have my sympathy.
Speech

Chanute, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Individual citizens with private firearms, being necesary to form a group called a militia, the right of those individuals to keep and bear private firearms shall not be infringed. The best way to understand this is to learn about past, like the shot heard around the world and Paul Revere. If history books and schooling are not your thing, there are movies that explain what it was about. If you deny the American Revolution took place, than a movie about it will not help. And yes, gun control did exist at the start, since it was the British mission to disarm the American citizens that causd the shot heard around the world.
cull the herd

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

If everybody was armed all of the time it would keep the population in check and boost business for the health care and funeral industries. It`s the law of the land in the Animal Kingdom. If not for firearms, we couldn`t come close to sustaining and feeding the world population. One quarter of the world population is already starving with a population that would be double without guns. We are the most evolved species, but must not forget our roots as a sub-human species where natural selection and survival of the fittest rules.
Uncle Shotgun

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

So when I go camping alone in the Alaskan wilderness I'm just being a scared little wussy for keeping a firearm.
militia

Junction City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Speech wrote:
Individual citizens with private firearms, being necesary to form a group called a militia, the right of those individuals to keep and bear private firearms shall not be infringed. The best way to understand this is to learn about past, like the shot heard around the world and Paul Revere. If history books and schooling are not your thing, there are movies that explain what it was about. If you deny the American Revolution took place, than a movie about it will not help. And yes, gun control did exist at the start, since it was the British mission to disarm the American citizens that causd the shot heard around the world.
You cannot compare America's early years and the revolutionary war with today's America. We have the Army now, We have the Marines, we have the Navy, We have the Air Force, We have the coast Guard, we have national guard, we have reserves. We also have grenade launchers, and nuclear weapons.
The militias that are springing up now are the ones who are endangering this country, the ones who believe that Americans fall into two groups, those who have the Northern Europeans who are the only ones with the God given right to be in America and those who qualify to be Americans only because of the 14th amendment; the militias who beleive claim to believe in America, but only a white Protestant America.
I fear those who run around and rant that "Obama's trying to take our guns," when no one, no one at all has ever suggested "taking anyones guns."
The conservative extremsits are more dangerous than any percieved notion that banning a rocket launcher or a high capacity clip is somehow an infringement on the 2nd amendment.
I would highly suggest people learning American history, and not by watching some fictional movie on TV. Learn current events as well.
Uncle Shotgun

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

militia wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot compare America's early years and the revolutionary war with today's America. We have the Army now, We have the Marines, we have the Navy, We have the Air Force, We have the coast Guard, we have national guard, we have reserves. We also have grenade launchers, and nuclear weapons.
The militias that are springing up now are the ones who are endangering this country, the ones who believe that Americans fall into two groups, those who have the Northern Europeans who are the only ones with the God given right to be in America and those who qualify to be Americans only because of the 14th amendment; the militias who beleive claim to believe in America, but only a white Protestant America.
I fear those who run around and rant that "Obama's trying to take our guns," when no one, no one at all has ever suggested "taking anyones guns."
The conservative extremsits are more dangerous than any percieved notion that banning a rocket launcher or a high capacity clip is somehow an infringement on the 2nd amendment.
I would highly suggest people learning American history, and not by watching some fictional movie on TV. Learn current events as well.
Then apply your logic to the first amendment. Free speech only applies to your mouth and ink and paper.
How's about If you want to indulge in your perverted fantasy kill, kill ,kill video games you need a background check first.
Uncle Shotgun

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Maybe the government needs to know who you are if your congregating and practicing religion. How deutchy would that be.

“Dump Brownback ”

Since: Oct 10

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Idiots wrote:
All of the liberal NO GUN whacks that choose to ignore personal responsibility are FREE TO MOVE TO Chitcago or New York, where the nazi gubberment has already created laws, removing guns from the law abiding people who live there.
Who has the guns that kill? Gang bangers, drug lords and other scum criminals.
How did the laws work out for them?? Not good.
And you expect them to work HERE?? I think not.
But, you can take your candy ass out of this state, and go live with scum stacked on top of scum.
We love you, too!
Word salad

“Dump Brownback ”

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Speech wrote:
<quoted text>
BILL OF RIGHTS
At the time the U.S. was in a frontier state. Civilization happpened. The concept this protects unlimited arsenal holding is erroneous.

“Dump Brownback ”

Junction City KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Speech wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think cold cash should replace a government background check for getting something published or buying a firearm.
No, but I know that it does.
Sammi

Lake Orion, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
You're missing or ignoring the point. The primary purpose of a car is to transport people and their things from Point A to Point B. The primary purpose of a firearm is to kill animals or people.
When one of your fellow firearm extremists murders 20 babies, I blame the extremist, their family who didn't deal with their illness, the failed psychiatric system and the firearm manufacturer.
I blame firearm manufacturers, who made it so dayum easy to murder babies, almost any of you firearm extremist simpletons can do it. I agree we should ghost firearm extremists like they never existed.
You appear to be one of the many firearm apologist, shill, toadies who blame anyone by the firearm, the firearm pushers at the NRA and the firearm manufacturers, who play them like the puppets they are.
FINALLY... Someone with some BRAINS!!! You've restored my faith in humanity. Thank you!
Sammi

Lake Orion, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

cull the herd wrote:
If everybody was armed all of the time it would keep the population in check and boost business for the health care and funeral industries. It`s the law of the land in the Animal Kingdom. If not for firearms, we couldn`t come close to sustaining and feeding the world population. One quarter of the world population is already starving with a population that would be double without guns. We are the most evolved species, but must not forget our roots as a sub-human species where natural selection and survival of the fittest rules.
In the same sense, why not just terminate all the sick people in the world with a lethal injection. At least that would be humane?
Your way is NOT the way of the land (except in your head)
just a thought

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

How about we make this simple? A full ban or full registry for ANY item that has ever been used in a violent crime. No if ands or buts if it was used to bring harm to a person at anytime throughout history it gets banned.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,801 - 4,820 of5,939
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Salina Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Salina People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••