SALEM ONE

Bridgeport, WV

#22 Jun 1, 2011
Max wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah,your right you can get SSI good check too ! The with that you can get free Medical care, food stamps and all kinds of benefits and you don't have to pay a baby sitter or you don't need a car either. If the business's around here paid more than slave wages a person could afford to work. If someone did work up there I'd say they could not do math and they apparently cant figure out it cost more to work for a slave driver than to stay at home. Just go take a look at the houses these slave drivers live in while paying these girls a pittance sum of money. Thats how they make all their money off the backs of their workers. A nickl e at a time.
you know that its there choice to work there i work 60+ hours a week and have problems of my own but if it was me that worked there i would find another JOB AND DONT SAY THERE ISNT ANY BECAUSE THERE ARE i get the paper
Mark-not really my name

Pennsboro, WV

#23 Jun 2, 2011
I want to help you get that Evil restuarant lady!
I have a good inside person for dirt..... if we need any. First I need to clarify some facts so I don't look stupid when I say things that don't make sense. This "Manager" that was fired and thrown to the wolves after 16 years (was she even fired face to face?) Who are or what are the wolves? Are they worse than a slave driver? That house the slave driver lives in -( built in 2000 bought restaurant in 2005)How did she do that? She is TRICKY! Manager worked for her for 16 years.... she bought the restuarant 5 1/2 years ago but the manager worked for her for 16 years???? We have to double check our math. I hear she paid for the house with her manager wages but she claims her husband had a job and paid for some of these things himself....I am sure that is a lie. He probably doesn't even work. I want to throw the names of people who quit in her face. I am sure they quit because she is a slave driver. Not because she moved away (uh-oh she is on a catering), or because she got a new job with benefits (oops just saw her at the CC), or a manager job at the CVS Pharmacy (uh-oh she is back too). Probably because she cancelled their cell phone service .... wait..... how can they cancel somebody else's phone? That makes no sense. I heard the slave driver worked TWO restaurants and another job. No doubt she will use that as an excuse for owning things too!!!! That WITCH!!! I say we get loans (she probably doesn't even have any), buy that place, and force her to work for us! She will probably just call us Friends, quit without so much as a phone call, and then start anonymous, unfounded lies. You know the type. Oh well, we could just say Good-Bye to that "FRIEND" - have loans ya know - we did just buy a restuarant. I love this internet "thing". Say anything you want... don't have to stand beside it or even claim it. This is GREAT!!!!!!
Mark - not my real name - that would be wrong.
your friends

Lodi, WI

#24 Jun 3, 2011
Mark-not really my name wrote:
I want to help you get that Evil restuarant lady!
I have a good inside person for dirt..... if we need any. First I need to clarify some facts so I don't look stupid when I say things that don't make sense. This "Manager" that was fired and thrown to the wolves after 16 years (was she even fired face to face?) Who are or what are the wolves? Are they worse than a slave driver? That house the slave driver lives in -( built in 2000 bought restaurant in 2005)How did she do that? She is TRICKY! Manager worked for her for 16 years.... she bought the restuarant 5 1/2 years ago but the manager worked for her for 16 years???? We have to double check our math. I hear she paid for the house with her manager wages but she claims her husband had a job and paid for some of these things himself....I am sure that is a lie. He probably doesn't even work. I want to throw the names of people who quit in her face. I am sure they quit because she is a slave driver. Not because she moved away (uh-oh she is on a catering), or because she got a new job with benefits (oops just saw her at the CC), or a manager job at the CVS Pharmacy (uh-oh she is back too). Probably because she cancelled their cell phone service .... wait..... how can they cancel somebody else's phone? That makes no sense. I heard the slave driver worked TWO restaurants and another job. No doubt she will use that as an excuse for owning things too!!!! That WITCH!!! I say we get loans (she probably doesn't even have any), buy that place, and force her to work for us! She will probably just call us Friends, quit without so much as a phone call, and then start anonymous, unfounded lies. You know the type. Oh well, we could just say Good-Bye to that "FRIEND" - have loans ya know - we did just buy a restuarant. I love this internet "thing". Say anything you want... don't have to stand beside it or even claim it. This is GREAT!!!!!!
Mark - not my real name - that would be wrong.
well Mark maybe you should go out to the cc that is where your so called lies are coming from. The so called manager has worked there for 16 years and even though it was not under andrea (opps not her real name) she did work there that long. I read all of these post after your priceless letter of defense. Not once did anyone say she was fired she quit we all know this - all we have to do is visit the cc to find out the latest. And yes girls come and go but boy do they bitch yes i know hard to believe any of those sweet girls could be two faced. Which if im correct means being nice to the boss and talking shit when she leaves. As for the house the cars the vacations over and over im sure its just jealousy that she has so much but she works for it right umm im surrenders the manager was given raises and paid very well for running the show while you were gone away i mean how would the catering get done billing etc im sure she was paid very well but there is such a thing as paper trail. Now waitresses well im sure just waitress wages so that's easy. Now as for the cheating hmmm again nice to hear the gossip from through cc not on here being that she was upset and someone that Will be nameless didn't go home for a couple days and found her phone im sure. So i guess the perfect life isn't perfect and don't assume that this was started by anyone certain person. I suggest checking your own back yard and the ones you call friends. It might surprise you. And im glad your ok with it all that's wonderful but see even then you know the truth. So ---
JUSTSOMEONE

Weston, WV

#25 Jun 3, 2011
don't run another business out of town!
Mercedes Jackson

Alexandria, VA

#26 Jun 3, 2011
I will put my name on here because I am not scared of people knowing, nor do I have anything negative to say about about specific people especially not just for the sake of gossiping like most of you. I grew up working at that restaurant, even before my mom owned it. It is absolutely hard work, and you will never get rich working there - I will promise you that - but Andrea Jackson is BY FAR the most hard working, beautiful, strong, selfless person I know. You want to talk crap about her getting rich? Or being a slave driver? REALLY? Did any of you ever think that maybe my parents have nice things because they have been married for 23 years? They make good decisions & manage their money well. They sacrificed many things when they were younger so they could live comfortably as adults. They don't blow their money on little vices such as pop and cigarettes and gambling - these are all things that ANYBODY could do. Also - realize that the things that they have require credit/loans. Its not like they walk in and pay cash for houses & restaurants. These things, especially those restaurants - take years of commitment to pay for and run successfully. And lets face it - the reality is they aren't driving Bentley's & Ferrari's around Salem & to whoever said they shouldn't rub it in the employess faces - they would never rub it in - but are you seriously suggesting they don't drive their vehicles to their business? Get real. Maybe you need to stop being so sensitive & materialistic. They aren't. Do you know how many employees they have given loans to? Or helped out? Or the purchases they make for their employees children at Christmas? You don't because they do it quietly. I hope whoever started this page isn't one of the MANY they have helped.

As for the slave driver comments - maybe you should look at their lives. You want to know how many days either one of my parents ever just get off? Maybe you don't see them at the restaurant so you assume they are kicked back somewhere - not usually the case. They are probably doing something like I don't know, PAYING THE BILLS? Doing payroll? Making the schedule? Doing the food order? Getting the vehicles serviced? They get up at 4am & put the food away that gets delivered...& here's the next thing -- THEY DONT HAVE TO. Don't get me wrong, my parents are far from "too good" to do anything & would never say this but SHE IS A BUSINESS OWNER. Her job is actually to manage things, pay the bills, handle scheduling/inventory - NOT CATER & COOK. Noone is making people work there - if you don't like it, move on.

As for the issue of Bobbie Jo leaving, none of you know the real story. There is Bobbie's side, there is Andrea's side - and then there's the truth. I would NEVER say anything bad on here about Bobbie -but understand she quit & she is not a perfect person either. My mother was nothing but a good friend to her for the entire 16 years. Now she's gone, so why are we still talking about her? No offense but our lives don't revolve around 1 person...the business will continue without her...

As for the whole "cheating" talk, I will not even stoop to your level and address it. At the end of the day, any matters on that level are solely between my family and GOD. It is ABSOLUTELY none of anybody elses business. I hope you all care about your lives as much as you care about my family's...& remember this before you start spreading things - everyone has a past & have skeletons in their closet so before you go gossiping & *slandering* other peoples lives/business maybe you should make sure your hands are clean.

I will end by saying this - if you don't respect my mother, you don't like her restaurant's food/service/prices - I challenge you to drive to Clarksburg & find one single restaurant without some drama between employees, someone trashing the owner, & prices as cheap as at the CC then get back to me.

Whoever started this page needs to get a hobby & probably a job if I had to guess.
1 post removed
Mercedes Jackson

Alexandria, VA

#28 Jun 3, 2011
angel wrote:
Cottage corner i worked there what a zoo. no money boss takes and takes look at there house and cars and trucks. ya thay should have nice things dont put them in your helps face. it would be nice to see wage and hour in there and no matter how much money thay have and how nice every thing looks u have the owner messing around with the food service guy that dident go well with the hubby. all ya have to do is look up that place it tells ya how much it makes WOW.give the girls a brake thay work there butts off for gas money and everyone thinks thay should be jolly come on.all i have for the girls is god bless them and i hope thay find good jobs
Dear Angel -
If you want a better job maybe you should learn how to be nice or respectful. Just from reading your post - I'm sure everyone who actually likes to come to work at the Cottage Corner everyday is SO HAPPY you are gone. I don't even know who you are and I am...Looks like you are all about the gossip, speaking out of turn about topics that don't concern you. How about you take the free time you have talking about my family and go to school. That way you can learn that the first word in a sentence and the letter "I" are always capitalized..Oh look - I got my point across and didn't even have to gossip about you. Weird how facts can do that....
sandy

Clarksburg, WV

#29 Jun 3, 2011
i have known the people that own cc for a long time nothing but goo things to say about them i hate that people have nothing better to do then gossip all i have to say is get a life if you dont like to eat there than dont its a free country but you dont have go through all this bs it is just petty guys at cc i love ya youre great owners and staff keep up the good work god bless
Giving you some GOD

Alexandria, VA

#30 Jun 3, 2011
Just to go along with the posts from "Really" "Peace-Love" "Mark" and "Mercedes" these people really need to watch their words. I believe there is a scripture in the bible about this:

Matthew 12:36-37: "I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."
uh huh

Bridgeport, WV

#31 Jun 3, 2011
Four seasons was better !
Carla F

Summit, MS

#32 Jun 3, 2011
I was a long time resident of West Union WV and frequented the Cottage Corner with my family growing up and as an adult. Was one of the first restaurants my daughter ever went to and it was always her favorites. Was so sad when it left West Union and went to Salem but have been there often too, mostly for a family outing to get a good HOME cooked meal not a greasy fast food meal. The people who own the restuarants are wonderful people and I have know them pratically my whole life. They are good honest people who would do anything in the world for any person small or big rich or poor that is just who they are. Gossip and rumor mills just make the people who spread them look silly not the people they spread them about.
itsuxs

Bridgeport, WV

#33 Jun 3, 2011
It is nothing but a gossip pitt the food stinks and you better have all day to wait on your order I have not been there for months I cant afford it and dont have time to waste and dont want to hear all the gossip the place stinks, it was much better when it was in west union!
Ben Jackson owners son

Pennsboro, WV

#34 Jun 3, 2011
im gonna go ahead and put this out here. all of you saying that all of these people are quitting need to get a life and mind your own buisness. i never knew that four people in the last three years was" a lot." I personally HATE people that seem to find the bad in things and blame it on anything they can. They have lives just like the rest of us and along with life comes this thing called stress which would probably put them in a bad mood. I talk to and personally know every single worker at both restaurants and everyoene there is happy with their jobs. So im going to go aheadand stress this a little more. and whoever the angel person is an i can probaly guess who. WE EARNED IT, you want nice things, you gotta earn them, i know its probably hard to believe but if you work hard then you can actually make something of yourself and if i ever ketch you talking down on this restaurant that has been in my family since my great grandmother then ill be having a talk with you real soon
Ben Jackson

Pennsboro, WV

#35 Jun 3, 2011
JUSTSOMEONE wrote:
don't run another business out of town!
soo im going to go ahea and fill it in for you. you dont know anything obviously and you should probably stop with the gossip. i might not know who you are personally but with how your running your mouth now i could find out real quick and im sure that you dont have th guts to stand up to a tiny guy like me being as you hide behind everyone else like a child to stirr up whatever you can.
JOhn d

Weston, WV

#36 Jun 3, 2011
This whole thing is weird. The service is pretty good. But i am sorry the girls look stressed out. Why is that? You don't see that at applebees or any other place just there. Maybe the owner is to demanding? I have been eating at cottage corner since it was in west union when is was there didn't seem to be like this maybe because it was a different owner. To the owner practice what you preach. Be the person you say you are. That means everyone is not perfect. Maybe you should lay off that f bomb too! Where there is peace there is love! I will continue to eat there because this is better than a real life soap opera.
dumbasses

United States

#37 Jun 3, 2011
oh come on now everyone of you know that the owner was not messing around with nobody. let alone a dam deliver guy. great real
Tammy Morrison

Pennsboro, WV

#38 Jun 3, 2011
People are just stupid and childish Mercedes. Anyone that knows your family knows what great people they are & how hard they work to make their restaurants a great place to eat and socialize. The people are always nice there, the food is great and you always get your moneys worth. I don't understand why people get their jollies off of running down others lives or slandering their names, but I can tell you this..."what comes around, goes around"...Karma is a bitch. This will come back to bite them in the butt!!!
lemonade

United States

#39 Jun 3, 2011
i think that everyone honestly needs to worry about their own lives and not medal in others personal affairs. As for the CC I work there now yeah we work hard and yes some of us have bad days but in the end our boss is a wonderful person shes not a slave driver never has been! I was told if you dont have anything nice to say dont say it at all, as for those of you running your mouths and refuse to say who you are you are a coward, using the internet to hide! So lets just stop all this bs and act like adults
lemonade

United States

#40 Jun 3, 2011
Mark-not really my name wrote:
I want to help you get that Evil restuarant lady!
I have a good inside person for dirt..... if we need any. First I need to clarify some facts so I don't look stupid when I say things that don't make sense. This "Manager" that was fired and thrown to the wolves after 16 years (was she even fired face to face?) Who are or what are the wolves? Are they worse than a slave driver? That house the slave driver lives in -( built in 2000 bought restaurant in 2005)How did she do that? She is TRICKY! Manager worked for her for 16 years.... she bought the restuarant 5 1/2 years ago but the manager worked for her for 16 years???? We have to double check our math. I hear she paid for the house with her manager wages but she claims her husband had a job and paid for some of these things himself....I am sure that is a lie. He probably doesn't even work. I want to throw the names of people who quit in her face. I am sure they quit because she is a slave driver. Not because she moved away (uh-oh she is on a catering), or because she got a new job with benefits (oops just saw her at the CC), or a manager job at the CVS Pharmacy (uh-oh she is back too). Probably because she cancelled their cell phone service .... wait..... how can they cancel somebody else's phone? That makes no sense. I heard the slave driver worked TWO restaurants and another job. No doubt she will use that as an excuse for owning things too!!!! That WITCH!!! I say we get loans (she probably doesn't even have any), buy that place, and force her to work for us! She will probably just call us Friends, quit without so much as a phone call, and then start anonymous, unfounded lies. You know the type. Oh well, we could just say Good-Bye to that "FRIEND" - have loans ya know - we did just buy a restuarant. I love this internet "thing". Say anything you want... don't have to stand beside it or even claim it. This is GREAT!!!!!!
Mark - not my real name - that would be wrong.
Not sure who you think that you are but talking about people like this is utter bull shit!!!! I did move away and i did work else where and did help out at the cc on catering and YES IM BACK!! My boss is a wonderful person. If shes suck a horrible person why in the hell did i come back.... yeah there are other jobs but i happen to like that one.
lemonade

United States

#41 Jun 3, 2011
oh yeah and i guess i can say to "mark" not my real name....
Amber ( my real name )
sour lemonade

Weston, WV

#42 Jun 3, 2011
Yes lemonade your are probably the number one employee now. How many times did yo come and go? 6? How many times did you call in with a hangover? Didnt you come to work and about side swipe someones car was you still drunk? This is what makes me sick about this place. The employees who have stayed with cc and never left stayed dedicated dosent callin and your getting praised for comming back!!! kudos to u!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Two arrested in Harrison County on federal drug... 9 min pamperedprincess 16
The IT Systems Engineer rant lives on 35 min Space Cowboy Fan 5
Whar'd the Davidson brothers post go? (Jun '13) 9 hr popcorn 106
Flaggin hookers (Jul '14) 12 hr doh 13
WANTED: Charles Scott Pottery pieces 12 hr Sorry 2
Make money at home 12 hr Norton Hears a Bug 3
Gypsy house fire injures 3 people 13 hr MeMe 10
Salem Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Salem People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:43 am PST

NFL 8:43AM
Jimmy Haslam: Browns have to get a QB in 2015
Bleacher Report 9:17 AM
Jimmy Haslam Speaks on Browns' 2015 QB Situation
Bleacher Report12:23 PM
Manziel's Teammates Discuss QB's Rookie Season
Yahoo! Sports12:24 PM
Report: Cleveland Browns 'wrecked' by Johnny Manziel's rookie season
NBC Sports12:46 PM
Teammate: Manziel was a "100 percent joke" as a rookie