Is Salem Council going to back down ?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Who has cahoonas

Parkersburg, WV

#21 Sep 5, 2012
Ask yourself.......

1) Why is it so important for Stamm to be "Mayor" of Salem?

2) Why would he want to be Mayor of any town that the council was not supporting him?

3) Why would the residents of any town want him as Mayor??? Does he really have everyone convinced that he is smart?

I think he is a great candidate for a shrink!!!!
Nancy

Weston, WV

#22 Sep 6, 2012
My opinion ONLY is

He wants to be Mayor because it makes him feel important. He gets to go on the radio.

He wants to be Mayor because it's good for his business. Whatever that is. He negotiated with Antero,even though it wasn't part of his job as Mayor.

He doesn't care if the council supports him because he likes drama and he gets what he wants.

The majority of the people in Salem could care less about who is in the city government- just like the people in the rest of the country, as long as they get what they want.

Finally, I guess a lot of people think he is smart, but not everyone.

JUST MY OPINION
TeaPartyMember

Weston, WV

#23 Sep 6, 2012
Nancy wrote:
My opinion ONLY is
He wants to be Mayor because it makes him feel important. He gets to go on the radio.
He wants to be Mayor because it's good for his business. Whatever that is. He negotiated with Antero,even though it wasn't part of his job as Mayor.
He doesn't care if the council supports him because he likes drama and he gets what he wants.
The majority of the people in Salem could care less about who is in the city government- just like the people in the rest of the country, as long as they get what they want.
Finally, I guess a lot of people think he is smart, but not everyone.
JUST MY OPINION
Yeah but Council has to approve his deals with these oil companies so
What's your grip they had to approve his negotiations with Anteroom.
Nancy

Weston, WV

#24 Sep 6, 2012
I understand that council has to approve his deals-my point is-that he tries to make the deals anyway. That's very arrogant, don't you think?
Who has cahoonas

Parkersburg, WV

#25 Sep 6, 2012
What is amazing is the fact that he was preaching to council when Plaugher was Mayor, that they were "giving" the water away at $2.70 per K. The great businessman, alpha intelligent, Stamm sold Salem out by 15% Do the math! If the city sells $5,000 worth of water!!! That is a considerable amount of $!!! In lost revenue!!! Now who is giving the water away? I wonder if he does that with his black market pharmaceuticals???? ;-)
Nancy

Weston, WV

#26 Sep 6, 2012
I don't know anything about pharmaceuticals- but I'm glad someone else has done the math and noticed how different his opinions were before and after he became Mayor.
You have go to be kidding

Bridgeport, WV

#27 Sep 6, 2012
First of all Don Stamm did not win the election. John See won the election by one vote. Just ask Chester Wilsoncroft. He worked on the election in Ward One. If Don Stamm is not elegible to be the Mayor how does that make him elegible to be on council. He has never been and will never be elegible. We the people at Lake Floyd just would like for him to go back down the same road that he came up. The Salem City Council needs to make up their minds what they want. It seems to me that this council has not a clue. The new attorney said at the last meeting where they voted him off that it wasn't for sitting on council. Well Duh!! if he's not elegible to be the Mayor why would he be able to serve on council. Somebody is not thinking.
Max

Weston, WV

#28 Sep 6, 2012
Just forget about it,like the little Gecco says.
He,s gone like the morn,in dew.
Nancy

Weston, WV

#29 Sep 6, 2012
Sorry Max-He's still around. He aint givin up--There's a public hearing on the 21ST. I guess he thinks that because the protest against his appointment to Mayor wasn't lodged within 10 days, he still is. It doesn't matter to him if nobody wants him there.
Really

Weston, WV

#30 Sep 6, 2012
do the good citizens of the Salem Council know that they arent supposed to be in the news every week with some issue like this, or that they are being sued or some one embezzed or an official is accused of sexual misconduct ect.. It makes us all look bad. With this current mayor issue makes it seem like we cant count days or investigate an address? There has been bigger fish to fry for years and yet this garbage always happens. I wish there were more revenue for patrols of crack alley and other know drug areas. I think there would be if the people making the rather large salaries for attending a few meeting a month would just stop for a moment and really see what was important... but Guess these and other issues dont make the top of the list that get addressed. Just my humble opinion..
Nancy

Weston, WV

#31 Sep 6, 2012
I agree with you until you say large salaries. Council members get about $120 every 3 months for all the crap they have to deal with. I know Fischer gives his to charity and brings vegetables from the garden to the bi-county nutrition program.
Really

Weston, WV

#32 Sep 7, 2012
my bad doesnt the mayor esp get quite a bit more? My info came some time ago when a document was released that outline the financials of the town and it had the council as a group using some 15,000 of the budget not counting the major and city manager and attorney..
Who has cahoonas

Parkersburg, WV

#33 Sep 11, 2012
Wait a minute........ I think we just need to argue because that is all we do........ why should we get rid of Don Stamm........he served his time for pushing drugs......and if he can get all that ego through the door......... and he's got to be a genius!!! If you don't think so.........hang around him for a little while and he'll tell you. I think he is just what we need here!!!
Nancy

Weston, WV

#34 Sep 11, 2012
Well, it seems tonight's regular city council meeting was the usual, long and boring. Maybe we don't have to argue and can get down to taking care of business?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Argie is baby girl and Jessica McCraken rolled ... 23 min nobody 3
Robert Miller 1 hr Anonymous 1
Put that spoon away Amber Zenisek! 3 hr laughingoutloud 15
Grass cutting 3 hr PayupSucka 6
Cute red head at at&t at the mall 3 hr Idliketoknow 43
1970,s murder (Oct '17) 10 hr Former Doddridge ... 3
You Came! 17 hr Peter North 2

Salem Jobs

Personal Finance

Salem Mortgages