Is Salem Council going to back down ?

Is Salem Council going to back down ?

Posted in the Salem Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bufford

Snowshoe, WV

#1 Aug 27, 2012
I thought the mayor was gone and they were not going to let him serve but according tot he radio this morning they are having a specail meeting to see if he can serve during his appeal process ????????? You gotta be kidding me how many mixed signals can one group hand out?

WAJR RADIO

Salem Council to Discuss Embattled Mayor's Position

Salem’s mayor says he should continue fulfill his duties while he appeals a vote by council to remove him from office. Council recently voted 4-1 to remove Don Stamm from office, claiming he was never eligible to be elected to council due residency requirements established in the city charter. Stamm has countered, pointing to state code that says an election must be challenged within 10 days – which did not happen in his case. Stamm also says a previous Supreme Court case restricts the ability of cities to establish strict residency requirements for office holders. A special meeting will be held tomorrow at 5:30 to determine if Stamm should continue to serve during his appeal.
Nancy

Weston, WV

#2 Aug 27, 2012
That's correct there is a special meeting at 5:30PM, before the regular meeting. Certain rules must be followed according to election laws.
Max

Weston, WV

#3 Aug 27, 2012
10 Days my @sss,he tricked the voters into thinking he resided in Salem,throw his
$ss out he does,t have thousands of dollars to go through the courts for a meeesley
Mayors job. Come on council Man up !!
Nancy

Weston, WV

#4 Aug 27, 2012
Patience is a virtue, Max.
Nancy

Weston, WV

#5 Aug 28, 2012
Max wrote:
10 Days my @sss,he tricked the voters into thinking he resided in Salem,throw his
$ss out he does,t have thousands of dollars to go through the courts for a meeesley
Mayors job. Come on council Man up !!
Is that man enough for you Max? And he made the news again. He'll be spending a lot of money in court because he can't help himself, he thinks he's smarter than the entire planet.
salemdailynews

Weston, WV

#6 Aug 29, 2012
It comes from mr Stamms own mouth on the news last night that "council only had 10 days after the election to contest this matter and did not" Sounds like a admission of the fact that he does and has lived outside Salem limits for a long time. Just saying that council did nothing then makes me wanna ask then what do you call all this bs over this matter way back when he even called Mark Jackson out to fight over this residency matter? Who does DS think hes kidding? It`s all on record of past minutes isnt it? Did he even file to run for council back then? Who took for granted his residency then???? should have been brought up at that moment not waiting all this time but process takes time to get it all together. Thanks for showing you`ve got some cahoona`s Council.
Bufford

Snowshoe, WV

#7 Aug 29, 2012
Saturday I was home and someone came to my house asking me to sign a pettion to recall Knight, Williams, Fischer, and McKowen I was very nice and asked them to leave because it was my day off and I was not going to fool with it nor would I sign it very sad how it is caculated.
will it ever end

Clarksburg, WV

#8 Aug 29, 2012
I think they need to put all council member's names on that petition.
TeaPartyMember

Weston, WV

#9 Aug 29, 2012
Today on Reuben Pardooo's show he said he may sue. Keep in mind if he does who will pay his defense bill "Salem residents" because public officials get free legal service.
Nancy

Weston, WV

#10 Aug 29, 2012
When he was elected he lied and said he lived in his Salem house. That's how he first got elected. He didn't change his driver's license when he moved to Lake Floyd in the required time limit. He continued to say he lived in his Salem house until he was interviewed by the TV news. At this point people should be asking-What is the reason he is fighting so hard to keep the position of Mayor? My personal opinion is that he has something else in mind. I don't know what it is, but it's probably Fishy. Do you want someone in a position of authority who can't be honest about even the smallest thing? Can we get on with the business of running the town please?
Who has cahoonas

Parkersburg, WV

#11 Aug 29, 2012
If his driver's license says Salem, his tax records say bristol, and his voter's registration says Salem.
He voted in salem........we should get the real law involved.
TeaPartyMember

Weston, WV

#12 Aug 29, 2012
I got in trouble for not updating my drivers license.
Nancy

Weston, WV

#13 Aug 29, 2012
Who has cahoonas wrote:
If his driver's license says Salem, his tax records say bristol, and his voter's registration says Salem.
He voted in salem........we should get the real law involved.
My question is--How do you know this information?
Who has cahoonas

Parkersburg, WV

#14 Aug 30, 2012
I used to be good friends with him until he double crossed me. His own brother didn't trust him. I have seen too much! Ask him to see his driver's license! Better yet get law enforcement to check it! None of the agencies are putting everything together! Where his "business" located? This guy is very dirty!
Nancy

Weston, WV

#15 Aug 30, 2012
It doesn't surprise me that you say that, but you are the one with the evidence--Why don't you take it to the law?
Nancy

Weston, WV

#16 Aug 30, 2012
Bufford wrote:
Saturday I was home and someone came to my house asking me to sign a pettion to recall Knight, Williams, Fischer, and McKowen I was very nice and asked them to leave because it was my day off and I was not going to fool with it nor would I sign it very sad how it is caculated.
I would say obvious is a more accurate word for it, wouldn't you? Maybe if nobody signs it-or a lot of people sign it, we will know what the people really think. Either way, Salem needs a government that is working for improvement NOT fighting.
Nancy

Weston, WV

#17 Aug 30, 2012
TeaPartyMember wrote:
Today on Reuben Pardooo's show he said he may sue. Keep in mind if he does who will pay his defense bill "Salem residents" because public officials get free legal service.
He is no longer a public official- he will pay his own bills. Probably with ill gotten gains.
Who has cahoonas

Parkersburg, WV

#18 Aug 31, 2012
Nancy wrote:
It doesn't surprise me that you say that, but you are the one with the evidence--Why don't you take it to the law?
First no one seems to care or, people are afraid of him.
Second the city pd spent a lot of time with him, I drop a dime on him and the pd will harass me
TeaParty Member

Weston, WV

#19 Aug 31, 2012
Who has cahoonas wrote:
<quoted text>
First no one seems to care or, people are afraid of him.
Second the city pd spent a lot of time with him, I drop a dime on him and the pd will harass me
I don,t know about favoritism by the Cops they are the ones who threw him out of council meeting were they not?
Who has cahoonas

Parkersburg, WV

#20 Aug 31, 2012
TeaParty Member wrote:
<quoted text>
I don,t know about favoritism by the Cops they are the ones who threw him out of council meeting were they not?
He was afraid he would lose his job!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mateen Abdul-Aziz Tuna fer Clarksburg City Council (Apr '15) 5 min Tyrone Dindu 22
Wanna try 7 min Jimmy de Ceased 29
Big black guy they call Blood (Apr '16) 11 min PayupSucka 9
Gary Finch snitching 13 min Cory iz nutz 15
Rip off. Stacy Martin 17 min Witch Doctor 30
Alex Weinstein Private Investigator 19 min Cory R 11
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 4 hr Auntsally 4,394

Salem Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salem Mortgages