Nancy

Salem, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Well would you look at that- Samples and Romagnoli signed it.
Nancy

Salem, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Wait, now the petition was taken back.
Nancy

Salem, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Did you know that Don Stamm was elected to council by a coin toss?

This town can "turn the corner" like Who Has Cahoonas has said, or it can keep limping along on the verge of nothingness. It takes more than 18 people voting in the last election. It takes more than waiting for someone else to do it.
Nancy

Salem, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

The shit stirring people are not gonna give up.
PRINCE

Bridgeport, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Do you even live in Salem or go to council meetings or are you a shit stirrer too?
Nancy

Salem, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Either you know who I am and are trying to mess with me, or you haven't been paying attention. Either way, yes I live in Salem and my husband is a councilman. One of the reasons I write on this blog is to let people know, who don't read the newspaper or go to meetings, what's going on. My hope is for people to get involved.
salemdailynews

Weston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

I agree that the town needs better information on what is going on but I also think that it is better to say less on some matters as not to give out sooooo much info that the backstabbers react to what is happening,dont need to give them more ammo.Let them shoot themselves in the foot if they dont know and they need more info they spread lies and you then see it right from the horses mouth and can figure out just who ALL of them are.
Nancy

Salem, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

I've said it before, I'm pretty sure I know who most of them are because they always say pretty much the same thing- and a bunch of them were seen going into a meeting. Soon enough we'll know exactly who they are because their names will be at the top of the petition.
Foxxy Brown

Morgantown, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

So from what I hear the prez of old SIU told council woman McKowen that they have been behind the petition all along and if she wants it to disappear she will persuade the other council people to vote to make the school exempt from any B&O taxes. The school wants them off of council so they can fill the seats with people who will vote in their favor. If not they will give someone the bond money they need to make the petition go thru. Dont know how true this is but its the latest in the rumor mill. Funny that Romangoli and Samples are the ones that talked her into running for the seat and now they are on the petition trying to vote her off.

Since: May 10

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Judged:

I thought this was West Union and NOT Salem. I don't give a darn about Salem! Post on Salem Topix!
salemdailynews

Weston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

yep I heard that too, but she cant persuade and has not tried to because council knows they should pay like every other business in town.
Who cares

West Union, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

salemdailynews wrote:
yep I heard that too, but she cant persuade and has not tried to because council knows they should pay like every other business in town.
Who cares ????????
Nancy

Salem, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Who cares wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares ????????
That's the problem-not enough people care.
JoJo

Weston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

sandie49 wrote:
I thought this was West Union and NOT Salem. I don't give a darn about Salem! Post on Salem Topix!
Look at the Top of the page it says Salem.
Old Timer

Lost Creek, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

There was a petition circulated and people signed it. What is the problem with having the recall election? Presently, the citizens of Salem elected only two people on city council. The others were appointed to council. The citizens of Salem will go the polls and vote either yes or no. Election officials will conduct the election, and the vote will be by secret ballot. What are these people concerned about? If they have represents the voter opinions on the subjects taken before council (such as SIU) then the recall will be denied, and the people that filed for the recall will have to pay for the cost of the election. If the recall passes, those recalled will be removed from council. If there are people that claim they were pressured to sign the petition, they vote against the recall. Where is the problem?
Who cares

West Union, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2012

This West Union Not Salem !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Salem Discussions

Search the Salem Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
center point fire dep 2 hr transporter 2
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 2 hr bacon hater 53,899
Alex- why ya' do me like this? 4 hr Alex Weinstein Fan 1
Easy chicks 2 4 hr Wow 37
stealy beating (Dec '13) 4 hr SMH 43
Dean Stire 19 hr Justin 1
Industrial Home for Youth (Jun '10) Sat Disturbed Darkness 67
•••
•••
•••
•••

Salem Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000