of 2
Next Last
Here we go again

Terre Haute, IN

#1 Dec 30, 2010
Dr J Martin

Valley Head, WV

#2 Dec 30, 2010
I hope not this man is doing a wonderful job forpeople in our ward. I listened to the WAJR radio program and Reuben Perdue unloaded about the city manager and city council, I was agreement he said he saw first hand how childish the city council is calling people trash making fun of people attacking citizens he said he thought people over here was still in the 6th grade I agree with him. Why is council person in trouble for doing his job ????? Calling a state agency to check on funding there is nothing wrong with that. Another point on WAJR radio this morning maybe if Mr. Williams was getting the information out of the city hall he would not have to be calling all these agencies to find out. Then the council person that pushed for this has not been to a council meeting in over a month if she can not serve she needs to resign. When a council person is only concerned about their street and road instead of their whole ward they need to go. You have another council person moved out of his ward and yet still serving. It is very clear this is a fight between Williams and the City Manager WAJR refered to the city manager as ignorant arrogance I think that is being showed now. Trying to remove a council person because he disagrees with the status quo or he knows you from a different town in the mountains is just plan wrong. The people voted him in!!!!!!!! People were talking about removing the mayor awhile back and they were informed they could not do it but now they can remove a council person is total bull. If Mr. Williams reads this sue them !!! It would not only be for you but all the citizens who cant wait for an election !!!!!!!!!
bje

Ville Platte, LA

#3 Dec 30, 2010
I see this council member almost daily out and about.
I do believe he is an uneducated feces stirrer and all the people who think hes doing a "good " job are the same feces stirrers in this town who want nothing more than to continue to run the city into the ground! As for people electing him he ran unapposed and we were given no other choice. I do not want him a a representive for my ward and believe he should resign or face the consequences of his actions. He has made the city look bad and other officials(commission etc.) will not respond favorably towards a city when you have such people ruining the reputation of what could be a positive for the city to evolve. There are rules and regulations in which Mr Williams should follow and its clear he has not done so. In closing I do want to say that if you out there that think the city is full of scumbags running this town and do not like the way things are going you should go to council meetings and listen to what is really happening with the city and if you dont like what you hear or see then there is the possibility of running for office yourself !
i did say that

United States

#4 Dec 30, 2010
As for the councilman that has moved out of ward. What about Mr stamm he moved to lake floyd but still iNsist on being apart of stirring crap in salem. I aM with the last guy mr williams is a shit stirrer and he embarrasses this town. I am not happy w all of them but I refuse to put up w him and I do go to meetings I want my town to be something again I am sick on the grade school acting as well. But I do believe our mayor and city manager are trying. People should stop bitching and start helping the community. Don't bitch till you try to make a difference. Support downtown shops help clean the streets. Neighborhood watches etc. Get the picture!!!
Zombie

United States

#5 Dec 30, 2010
Kinda hard to watch the neighborhood with all the street lights out!!! Really we couldn't find another way to save money besides going back to the dark ages...what the heck is going on around here??? They may be trying but I only see the town continue to fall apart, we need results.
Dr J Martin

Valley Head, WV

#6 Dec 30, 2010
i did say that wrote:
As for the councilman that has moved out of ward. What about Mr stamm he moved to lake floyd but still iNsist on being apart of stirring crap in salem. I aM with the last guy mr williams is a shit stirrer and he embarrasses this town. I am not happy w all of them but I refuse to put up w him and I do go to meetings I want my town to be something again I am sick on the grade school acting as well. But I do believe our mayor and city manager are trying. People should stop bitching and start helping the community. Don't bitch till you try to make a difference. Support downtown shops help clean the streets. Neighborhood watches etc. Get the picture!!!
Mr.Stamm is not a public offical not held to the same standards so there for trying to throw his name out there has no bearing on the council person that should resign because he no longer lives in the ward he ran in.

I think you are correct in one sense the mayor and city manager are trying they did a fantastic thing by signing a 5 year contract with an oil and gas company to sale our water cheaper than fair market value. If you have followed the oil and gas boom as I have because I have a vested interest in oil and gas you will see that the DEP has stopped gas compaines from taking water from streams and creeks Salem is sitting on a huge gold mind of water but yet to quote the city manager we have a great partner in a certain drilling company, just because you like xyz drilling it should have been put out on bid and the highest bidder got the water.

You mention people volunteering I can remember Mr. Williams out volunteering I remember Mr. Stamm volunteering numerous times including street cleans ups for both snow and dirt using his personal equipment to help to be fair I remember Mr. Plaugher helping and Mr. Swiger as well.

I am not saying the mayor and city manager are bad people even though I do not agree with there grade school tatics on citizens and members of the public who disagree with them. I do not agree that the mayor should be in the city building everyday the charter was not designed that way. I do not think his wife should be working for the city. I do not think it is right for him to appoint a city recorder when the charter clearly says it has to be the council that does that. I do not think it is right to try to put the city clerk in as the city recorder. I do not think it is right for a halfway torn down house to still be standing and yet condeming other people. I do not think it is right to make a comment that they are going to use the Class D landfill once it has had its licensed renewed if that is the case every citizen should be permitted to use the landfill, then we find out you cant use the landfill only for bricks no wood. I do not think it is right to use the charter only when it is convient to use. I dont think it is right for Salem University not to pay BnO taxes what is the status of that anyway? I dont think it is right for the city to take a house that is given to them beside the post office and yet it looks worse than the certain council persons house they continue to attack. I dont think it is right that a former council person is trying to help at a council meeting and he is totally ignored and blowed off by the city manager. I dont think it is right to say a work session is closed to the public when the open meetings law clearly states work sessions are open to the public. I dont think it is right to take any action during work sessions again reference the open meetings act.

And the only council person who expresses the things that I DONT like and has the same concerns that I have is Mr. Williams so yes I will support him.
Goober

Fairmont, WV

#7 Dec 30, 2010
So please someone tell me are there any plans for fixing our terrible streets this spring and summer? Is there at least some kind of plan in the works or are we just flying by the seat of our pants? People are sick and tired of beating the living crap out of their vehicles everyday.
Yes and I agree the street light thing is ignorant, put the town in the dark, looks great. Should help the thieves and property destructors get away with their crimes.
WVWoman

Ville Platte, LA

#8 Jan 2, 2011
Excellent point Goober and Zombie. How the hell are we going to be able to watch out for the thugs when we can't even fkn see them?!! How much more stupid can these "city leaders" get?!!
Lake Floyd Citizen

Bridgeport, WV

#9 Jan 3, 2011
Dear Mr. WVU, It's not lkely that Mr. Stamm will ever hold a public office. Just ask him why. Don't know what makes him think that he is so high and mighty. He says that he lives in Salem but several people know better that he does live at Lake Floyd. He loves to trash people and try to make them look bad. Don't know why that he thinks he is so much better than anyone else in Salem. He is nothing but a troubl maker and that's all he'll ever be. That is another one of Dave Mayle's buddies.
Dr J Martin

Valley Head, WV

#10 Jan 3, 2011
This site is not about Mr. Stamm the personal attacks that this man has endured for just trying to help our small community is very sad. The one thing I thought we all learned from the last election is that it is the responsibility of the people to question our govt, I thank Mr. Stamm for the way he has done that.

I will not sit here and defend Mr. Stamm other than to say it is sad this guy is doing a good thing for his community as for him living at Lake Floyd it must have been a ghost I saw at his house on East Main Street at 3 am Saturday Night and then saw him there again Sunday Night.

I know that he volunteered to help our community so much and used his own euipment so ill thank him for everything he has done and I hope he continues even with the personal attacks coming at him from people who would rather destroy than repair.

This is about the job that city council is providing its citizens today and holding them accountable this is not about any other citizen or freind of the city. We are now looking at 5 months till the election then I am very confident things will change for the better.
FYI

Elkins, WV

#11 Jan 4, 2011
Dr J Martin, alias Don Stamm
Judy

Bridgeport, WV

#12 Jan 4, 2011
Lake Floyd Citizen wrote:
Dear Mr. WVU, It's not lkely that Mr. Stamm will ever hold a public office. Just ask him why. Don't know what makes him think that he is so high and mighty. He says that he lives in Salem but several people know better that he does live at Lake Floyd. He loves to trash people and try to make them look bad. Don't know why that he thinks he is so much better than anyone else in Salem. He is nothing but a troubl maker and that's all he'll ever be. That is another one of Dave Mayle's buddies.
How the hell did he get into that private snob Club over there?
I thought they screened those people and they had to go before the board of directors to become Members. Unless.....he's not a member and just bought property which the Lake Club cannot control.
In that case he can't use the Facilities.
Lake Floyd Citizen

Bridgeport, WV

#13 Jan 5, 2011
Ask the Lake Floyd Board........things that make you go hummmmmmm!
1 post removed
Dr J Martin

Valley Head, WV

#15 Jan 5, 2011
No my name is James Martin, I have my PHD from WVU and taught many years, retired here but thank you for thinking im someone else. Once again this is not about Mr. Stamm, this is about Salem City Council people like Donald Stamm and Ron Carder have been attacked enough personaly so I think it is approriate for us to stay on point here. As for Lake Flyod it is a wonderful place but it seems as if the people there have hurt it much as far as I am concerned Mr. Stamm can joing any club buy any property do whatever he wants to do and it is none of my concern or anyone else's
Lake Floyd Citizen

Bridgeport, WV

#16 Jan 9, 2011
Dr J Martin wrote:
No my name is James Martin, I have my PHD from WVU and taught many years, retired here but thank you for thinking im someone else. Once again this is not about Mr. Stamm, this is about Salem City Council people like Donald Stamm and Ron Carder have been attacked enough personaly so I think it is approriate for us to stay on point here. As for Lake Flyod it is a wonderful place but it seems as if the people there have hurt it much as far as I am concerned Mr. Stamm can joing any club buy any property do whatever he wants to do and it is none of my concern or anyone else's
I was born at night, but it wasn't last night Mr. Stamm
just me

United States

#17 Jan 10, 2011
People can never stay on topic w anything someone always bashes someone sad really. Sad you can hide on this. No guts.
Just you

Terre Haute, IN

#18 Jan 10, 2011
just me wrote:
People can never stay on topic w anything someone always bashes someone sad really. Sad you can hide on this. No guts.
Yeah, it's sad "Mr. I Use The Name just me Instead Of My Real Name And Hide My Location".
just me

United States

#19 Jan 10, 2011
Just you wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it's sad "Mr. I Use The Name just me Instead Of My Real Name And Hide My Location".
are you serious just you. That was just a statement I didn't kNock on anyone and that is what you give ha like I said SAD and yes I get on here but I never bash anyone if I do its to their face and if u want to put your real name I would have this discussion at another time
Dr J Martin

Valley Head, WV

#20 Jan 10, 2011
Way to go Just Me !!!!
Grasshopper

Clarksburg, WV

#21 Feb 24, 2011
We need a whole new council. Hopefully the state will take over Salem before it is too late

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pill peddlers sad to hear DEA diversion squad m... 4 min Listen 15
Autumn Golden 16 min Family member 38
All-Harrison County Domestic Battery Team 22 min Jim Chamberlain 43
Soon you will all be unmasked 58 min Listen 4
Harrison County scanner 2 hr Hhalb 13
I can't wait to go to jail 3 hr Question mark 3
list of mens names that frequent reds angels an... (Mar '13) 3 hr Clarksburg PD 62

Salem Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salem Mortgages