Join the discussion below, or Read more at The New York Times.
#23 Jun 28, 2012
Rmoney is getting his "I'm a loser" speech ready!!!!
#24 Jun 28, 2012
Maybe he can twist it into a kind of 'I was right before I was wrong about the individual mandate' thing, huh? LOL
#25 Jun 28, 2012
Ha ha! Let his flip flopping begin!
“Truth to Power!”
Since: Apr 07
#26 Jun 28, 2012
Romney's Platform: "12 Sound Reasons to REPEAL Obamacare"
No Matter what the Leftist Court stacked with 2 Political Appointees says, Obamacare Has To Go and I will REPEAL IT.
So, let us count the ways that it violates basic principles of sound policy.
1. It discriminates against young people, forcing them to purchase health insurance at inflated prices in order to subsidize older beneficiaries.
2. Simultaneously, the law imposes severe penalties on young people who use Health Savings Accounts to secure health benefits for themselves in later years.
3. Already the administration has granted a long list of exemptions to various companies and unions.
4. Recently, the Department of Health and Human Services dictated that employers, including religious organizations, must cover contraception and abortion-causing drugs in their health plans. Apart from any moral objections to such provisions, why should the federal government tell employers and employees what their health insurance has to cover?
5. Good public policy would encourage health care consumers to shop around and purchase insurance policies that are best suited to their own needs and spending priorities. The health care reform bill does the opposite. Decision-making power is turned over to bureaucrats, who pay no price for decisions that are costly or wrong-headed.
* Good public policy does not raise false expectations. Backers of the health reform bill violated this principle three times over.
Here are those Obama LIES:
6. They promised a) anyone can "keep their plan if they like it'; FALSE.
According to a McKinsey & Co. study, a third to a half of employers plan to stop offering health insurance beginning in 2014. Faced with expensive mandates and less expensive fines, many employers will choose the fines and cause their employees to move to government-sponsored plans.
7. the plan would mandate many new benefits and still reduce the average family premium by $2,500; which is clearly FALSE.
Another study concludes that a typical family health insurance plan costing $12,300 today will cost more than twice that by 2019.
There are no "free" mandates or other benefits -- to paraphrase Milton Friedman.
8. That it wouldn't add "a single dime" to the federal deficit. FALSE. It adds over $1.76 TRILLION to the Debt.
Last October, the administration dropped the long-term care program known as the Class Program from implementation of the new law as financially unworkable. It also added $111 billion premium subsidies to its proposed fiscal 2013 budget.
9. Good public policy avoids ticking time bombs. The legislation will increase Medicaid enrollment by an estimated 24 million new users by 2015. This will put states further into Debt.
10. The law includes a massive new health entitlement/income redistribution program for families earning more than three times the poverty level. In 2014, it will channel up to $3,000 in taxpayers funds to families making up to $95,000.
11. The law is fiscally irresponsible. It includes a raft of new taxes. But these appear to be wholly inadequate to the task of paying the bill for over-promising and extending new entitlements to tens of millions of people. That leaves rationing as a last resort, and the government's own reports contemplate major cutbacks in Medicare spending down the road.
12. The Affordable Care Act is truly unaffordable… and unsustainable. Our government should not erode our freedoms, degrade our quality of life, or bankrupt our future. The health care reform bill does all those things. If it is not struck down, it should be repealed.
“Truth to Power!”
Since: Apr 07
#27 Jun 28, 2012
You NAILED It!
#28 Jun 28, 2012
Hilarious propaganda and talking points from the far Right. "Leftist court" is a friggin' HOOT! You must be a complete moron - do you or your wackjob sources think that ROBERTS IS A LEFTIST OR THIS IS A LEFTIST PLAN, huh? Are you really that FRIGGIN' DUMB!!!??
#29 Jun 28, 2012
No wonder you applaud it, it's a stupid, partisan, and dishonest as YOUR posts! LOL
Since: Apr 12
#31 Jun 28, 2012
"In recent weeks, some Republicans have come out in support of the most popular and successful Obamacare provisions, attempting to whitewash their longstanding blanket opposition. Insurance companies have also pledged to maintain key Obamacare measures regardless of the Supreme Court’s ruling."
Republiscum being the pathological liars they are. Now the GOPOX has truth in advertising by nominating the most pathological lying politician in history for its leader.
Add your comments below
|Roanoke Collage Mens Basketball.||Sat||Satan wears blue||4|
|Is Roanoke a good city? (Aug '09)||Oct 20||Montreal||66|
|Joseph Gil Pastelak, DEADBEAT DAD (Aug '08)||Oct 17||exofdeadbeat||8|
|kroger dope head||Sep '17||she crazy||3|
|Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10)||Aug '17||my dickerson hurts||1,437|
|B*tch at Lakeside Kroger 1:30am||May '17||Charles Mansuun||2|
Find what you want!
Search Salem Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC