Salem VA nurse who stole drugs gets j...

Salem VA nurse who stole drugs gets jail time

There are 6 comments on the Roanoke Times story from Sep 30, 2011, titled Salem VA nurse who stole drugs gets jail time. In it, Roanoke Times reports that:

A nurse who treated her patients while high on their drugs at the veterans hospital in Salem was sentenced Friday to 30 days in jail.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Roanoke Times.

the truth

Roanoke, VA

#1 Oct 2, 2011
A VA medical center employee. You should see what goes on in those places. If you want real health care, go to a real hospital.
Doris Mullens

Johnson City, TN

#2 Oct 2, 2011
i wouldnt say the va doesnt give good health care they do when i was there in the 80s has a student worker there was love triagles which ended with people being killed. while i was there a mental patient attacked me and i see walk those halls because my husband is a switchboard operator things happen at all hospitals it just hasnt been released to the press. the va is a real hospital you just have to be a vet to be treated there
Doris Mullens

Johnson City, TN

#3 Oct 2, 2011
i meant to say i still walk those halls
anonymous

Roanoke, VA

#4 Oct 19, 2011
She will be back on the drugs either thru theft or prosttution. Once a drug user always a drug user. The VA medical centers are full of drug program graduates who have resorted to prostituting themselves for their drugs.
haha

Atlanta, GA

#5 Oct 20, 2011
Anonymous you are wrong on that one. While the rate of relapse in very high for drug addicts, please dont stereotype the whole group. I was a hopeless addict. Over 500 dollars a day in cocaine and heroin(or a pharmaceutical sub). I was ready to die. That was over 14 years ago. I went to rehab, I got cleaned and to date have stayed that way. I have seen many come and go over those years. The ones that continue to stay clean and stay involved are the best hope there is for other addicts. People can and do change!
Doris Mullens

Johnson City, TN

#6 Oct 20, 2011
haha wrote:
Anonymous you are wrong on that one. While the rate of relapse in very high for drug addicts, please dont stereotype the whole group. I was a hopeless addict. Over 500 dollars a day in cocaine and heroin(or a pharmaceutical sub). I was ready to die. That was over 14 years ago. I went to rehab, I got cleaned and to date have stayed that way. I have seen many come and go over those years. The ones that continue to stay clean and stay involved are the best hope there is for other addicts. People can and do change!
you are right people do recover i am so glad to hear you are clean people shouldnt make comments because they havent been there seeing what drugs and alcohol did to my uncle scared me into not doing them. keep up the good work i know you will

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KRATOM help with pain (May '14) 10 hr Clara 11
Timothy Duncan 20 hr Naybob 9
Apple cider vinegat 22 hr Gypsystorms 2
I agree 100% With Roanoke Paper commentary arti... Apr 26 Thomas Appleby 1
My wife likes Roanoke Apr 26 Thomas Appleby 5
US Ships with Lazer Technology Apr 25 Wayne Wilson 1
Hi my name is Jessica Apr 25 Wilbur 2

Salem Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance