'Flying Salem' to Salt Lake City actu...

'Flying Salem' to Salt Lake City actually is a good deal

There are 1 comment on the Statesman Journal story from Jun 21, 2007, titled 'Flying Salem' to Salt Lake City actually is a good deal. In it, Statesman Journal reports that:

In his June 15 letter, Thomas Gorski states he'll not be "flying Salem" because a one-way ticket to Salt Lake City costs between $519 and $739. His situation has him working as a pilot in Salt Lake two weeks on ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Statesman Journal.

Tom Gorski

Salem, OR

#1 Jun 27, 2007
In your article, you stated "I don't know where he gets his pricing, but Mr. Gorski, a pilot, ought to know how to find a good fare rather than making blanket assertions that are flatly incorrect."
May I clarify? When booking my flight from Salt Lake City Monday this week, I choose to travel anytime, and requested the lowest coach fare. Delta.com had the best price only $734.00. Expedia showed $749.00; Travelocity -$754.00; and Orbitz could not find a match for SLE airport. So Delta is the real bargain at $734.00 per person, one way from SLC to SLE. The exact same search SLC to PDX showed: Delta.com :$311.00, Expedia showed $326 for the same non-stop flight from SLC-PDX. There were some less-expensive fares, as low as $230.00 but required one or more stops in PHX and/or LAS. Southwest was the winner,$172.00, non-stop from Salt Lake City to PDX.
The examples I used, Scott, seem extreme because Delta's prices are extremely high for the one-way Salem to Salt Lake City, or SLC-SLE. I work in Salt Lake City, and commuting is not an option for me. Fly Salem's prohibitive fares keep me going in and out of PDX. My work schedule determines when I fly, and Delta's cancellation fees keep me from buying round-trip fares. I Love Salem, that is why I am exposing the cost of commuting from Salem vs. commuting from PDX.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Feb 23 Hope 1
News Parole denied in 1980s abuse case (Jun '09) Feb 21 Damama 14
News Goodwill accidentally sells kid's bike (May '08) Feb '18 brooke 2
Morgan Mills Feb '18 Asd 1
Searching for help and reliability Jan '18 OKAY Olay 3
News Warrantless ICE arrest of man inside house unde... Dec '17 saw the maps 10
Gang stalking Oct '17 Stalked becomes s... 1

Salem Jobs

Personal Finance

Salem Mortgages