Population decline in Salem County du...

Population decline in Salem County due to lack of development, municipal officials say

There are 6 comments on the The Jersey Journal story from May 21, 2015, titled Population decline in Salem County due to lack of development, municipal officials say. In it, The Jersey Journal reports that:

Salem County overall has seen a decline in population, with Pennsville Township carrying the largest residential loss - a difference of 404 from 2010, according to recently released Census data . Within the past several years, Pennsville's total population has decreased from 13,409 in 2010 to 13,005 as of 2014.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Jersey Journal.

Joe

North East, MD

#1 May 24, 2015
High taxes drove me away
The Truth

Swedesboro, NJ

#2 Jun 29, 2015
Joe wrote:
High taxes drove me away
Yes Joe the main problem is the taxes in proportion to the services and convenience its pathetic.
marge staab

Meriden, CT

#3 Oct 17, 2016
People and business are leaving because of high taxes and high electric bills . also there is nothing here bowling alley and movie theatre closed no places to eat at night we all enjoy deep water diner in Carneys point or you have to go to Delaware to find a decent resterant that is open late . yes pennsville is not like it uses to be its becoming a ghost town .the trash stickers are oitragus we use to take our trash to the land fill now its stupid sticker. I can't wait yo go down south and enjoy life
Matso

Mount Holly, NJ

#4 Apr 13, 2018
Taxes are driving people out. The corrupt politicians. More will be going thanks to the Gov. and the tax and spend demoncrats.
Matso

Mount Holly, NJ

#5 Apr 13, 2018
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>

Yes Joe the main problem is the taxes in proportion to the services and convenience its pathetic.
Other states provide same services and more and have a much lower property tax. Ask, where IS the money going? Pockets.
Matso

Mount Holly, NJ

#6 May 2, 2018
It's the high taxes that is driving people out. And more will leave as NJ just hit an all time high with taxes and still #1 for the most overtaxed state in the country with the highest taxes.
Not just Salem but Cumberland, Atlantic, etc.
If Bridgeton didn't have so many illegals it would be a ghost town. Maybe 3,000 residents without county illegals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Guess where it's worst to be poor in New Jersey... Aug '18 Dangtootin 3
Is there favoritism with in the salem city pol... Jul '18 TOouab 1
Illegal Mexican invasion in Bridgeton,New ... (Jul '10) Jul '18 Rob 24
News 'I want him to die for this' (Jul '06) Jun '18 Bjedison 3
News Inmate injured in assault at South Woods State ... (Jan '11) May '18 Kim 104
Destiny (Jan '10) May '18 Alerhea 9
Thanksgiving day football game sound like a ra... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Salemcityresident 1

Salem Jobs

Personal Finance

Salem Mortgages