Penns Grove-Carneys Point board of ed...

Penns Grove-Carneys Point board of education member resigns, cites harassment in letter

There are 5 comments on the The Jersey Journal story from May 14, 2014, titled Penns Grove-Carneys Point board of education member resigns, cites harassment in letter. In it, The Jersey Journal reports that:

PENNS GROVE - The board of education approved the resignation this week of board member Debbie Bradford who said she was leaving because the group's meetings have become too "stressful."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Jersey Journal.

ReallyPennsGrove Really

Woodstown, NJ

#1 May 15, 2014
Ms. Hudson

On Monday, there was an 11 year old child who was viciously slashed in the face with a pen, after being called a "faggot" and "racist" who I'm sure knows how you feel.

He was bullied too.

No wonder the children at Penns Grove Middle School act as they do, when the supposed leaders and pillars of the community act like Hudson.

Were you bullied twice with no HIB investigation?
Did you ask to be transferred to another school, only to have the "acting superintendent" deny it?

Apparently she had more important things to do such as these charades, then do do alittle paper work to ensure the safety of a child.

Will this 11 year old wind up dead, rolled in a gym mat?

Will Ms. Bradford have to post a viral video on facebook?

Thank god you didn't have red hair, it could have been alot worse, you may have been called a "gap tooth faggot".

Hudson, Hopefully you can comprehend this, if not I'll put it on a t shirt for you, maybe flashcards. Did you go to PGCP?

The unfortunate part about this situation is that there is a culture of complete disregard for proper behavior, racism, bigotry, and physical violence in this community that has permeated this school.

Hudson shows this.

Expectations that the school should single handedly address these issues is unfair; however, the quality of the environment is playing a direct role in encouraging these acts, as well as the perceived failure to intervene by the staff. In combination with the ineffective actions taken to stop this hurtfulness only contributes more to the actions of the students.

Hudson and Cobian show this.

The lack of help in place of punishment, positive remediation, blatant lack or regard for the seriousness of the situation and ability of the bullies to be allowed to deflect and rationalize their actions to the school staff reflects the perceived failure and ineffectiveness of HIB.

They school board and the people they protect, by bullying, harassing and disregarding serious issues with their ineptitude shows this.

No wonder these children act like they do.

Monkey see, monkey do.

Ms. Bradford, don't give up, stand up to the bullies.

I know there is an 11 year old kid out there, whose got your back.

Woodstown, NJ

#2 May 17, 2014

Woodstown, NJ

#3 May 17, 2014
Ms Ponzo

Vineland, NJ

#4 Sep 29, 2014
This little boy is bullying my son and so is the bus driver and bus aide, I'm taking this further because this is not right. I'm starting to hate pens grove nj
I Still Love You

Norristown, PA

#5 Sep 29, 2014
You opened it good luck. Tonight at midnight your true love will realize they love you. Something good will happen to you at 1:00-4:00pm tomorrow it could be anywhere. Tonight at midnight they will remember how much they loved you as well. You will get the shock of your life tomorrow a good one. If you break the chain you will be cursed for the next 2 years. Karma. If there is someone you onced loved (or still do) and can't get them out of your mind repost this in another city within the next 5 mins. It's amazing how it works! It is sad when people you know become people you knew. It is one of lifes tragedies when you meet someone you know is meant to be but due to unexpected circumstances and misunderstandings becomes someone you knew. And when you can walk right past someone that at one time in your life was a big part of your life... And how you used to be able to them for hours about the little nothings in life. And now you can barely look at them and they at you. And all you have left is that aching feeling in your soul. If you reallly miss someone a past love and can't seem to get them off your mind then repost this titled as "I Truly Do Miss You" Whomever you are missing will surprise you. Don't break this for tonight at midnight your true love will realize they love you and ... something great will happen to you tomorrow. Karma if there is someone you loved or still do and can't get them out of your mind repost this in another city. Tonight they will remember how they love you
Report Abuse

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
keith west (porkchop) (Oct '12) Fri She knows all 2
News Henriques trial day 3: suspect 'shaking uncontr... (Oct '11) Oct '15 sillytricks 5
Review: Real Mckoy Auto Sales LLC Oct '15 Hakeem 1
News Inmate injured in assault at South Woods State ... (Jan '11) Oct '15 Zack 74
No permit for streets; Snowflake swim; Daily pr... (Mar '15) Sep '15 Consumer Legal Ci... 2
News Undocumented immigrants need to be legal behind... (Apr '15) Sep '15 Consumer Legal Ci... 10
child sex offender (Jan '13) Jul '15 None 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salem Mortgages