Seabrook police chief says crime is u...

Seabrook police chief says crime is up in town

There are 26 comments on the SeacoastOnline story from May 17, 2011, titled Seabrook police chief says crime is up in town. In it, SeacoastOnline reports that:

Police Chief Patrick Manthorn told selectmen last week his department has been dealing with a significant increase in the number of crimes in town over the past month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SeacoastOnline.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
2busy

Hampton, NH

#1 May 18, 2011
thats because when you call the police they always say "were busy with other things"
whoyoutryintokid

Hampton, NH

#2 Sep 19, 2011
A well known tactic to justify hiring more police officers is to show that they are needed. How do you do that? Just say that crime is up and you need more officers to deal with it. Then with more officers out there you detect more crime. Then crime is up, so you hire more officers, so they detect more crime, so you hire more officers........ Do you see where this goes? Sir Robert Peel would be proud.
Dubb

Exeter, NH

#3 Sep 20, 2011
SO USE THE CURRENT OFFICERS TO BRING CRIME DOWN. Arrest some little punks. Investigate something other then the flavor of your coffee or the cigar your smoking. Actually TRY finding some people who committed some crimes. QUESTION PEOPLE. God I never went to school to be a cop but I damn well guarantee I could do a better job then most of the officers on the police force.
Cigars

Epping, NH

#4 Sep 20, 2011
Dubb wrote:
SO USE THE CURRENT OFFICERS TO BRING CRIME DOWN. Arrest some little punks. Investigate something other then the flavor of your coffee or the cigar your smoking. Actually TRY finding some people who committed some crimes. QUESTION PEOPLE. God I never went to school to be a cop but I damn well guarantee I could do a better job then most of the officers on the police force.
I thought there was no smoking in any town vehicle. Are cigars exceptional? Why should we vote for new cruisers if they are all going to smoke in them. They should learn some respect for others. Dubb Cops.
Seriously

Exeter, NH

#5 Sep 20, 2011
Cigars wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought there was no smoking in any town vehicle. Are cigars exceptional? Why should we vote for new cruisers if they are all going to smoke in them. They should learn some respect for others. Dubb Cops.
Just because there is one bad apple in the bunch that chooses to smoke a cigar does not mean that they all should have to be punished with not enough cruisers. Seems as though the whole town has it out for the PD but they DO do there jobs and they DO put there lives on the line. I feel for there family who has to worry about them coming home safe everyday. Great job SPD. Keep up the good work.
reality tv

Boston, MA

#6 Sep 20, 2011
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because there is one bad apple in the bunch that chooses to smoke a cigar does not mean that they all should have to be punished with not enough cruisers. Seems as though the whole town has it out for the PD but they DO do there jobs and they DO put there lives on the line. I feel for there family who has to worry about them coming home safe everyday. Great job SPD. Keep up the good work.
The donut shop is dangerous! Maybe if they actually arrested some people, there might be danger!
Seriously

Exeter, NH

#7 Sep 20, 2011
I see a touch of jealousy there "Reality TV". You might want to change your name!
THE WAITER

Exeter, NH

#8 Sep 21, 2011
You cant be "Serious" what closet are you in? Wow just take a peak at our PD and see how many bad apples are hanging out,get REAL!sick sick sick!Only in Seabrook!VOTE NO on new cruisers he will only stink up another, he's bored!
defense

Stratham, NH

#9 Sep 21, 2011
Why do these people think that all the police articles are being voted down?! Everyone sees these guys having affairs, getting drunk on the job, harassing people. These are cops who been fired from other departments and cant hack it anywhere else. You call the SPD and your more likely to see a FLYING SAUCER in the next two minutes than a Seabrook cop!
bub

Hampton, NH

#10 Sep 21, 2011
THE WAITER wrote:
You cant be "Serious" what closet are you in? Wow just take a peak at our PD and see how many bad apples are hanging out,get REAL!sick sick sick!Only in Seabrook!VOTE NO on new cruisers he will only stink up another, he's bored!
most if not all are bad apples
bin there

Stratham, NH

#11 Sep 29, 2011
the crime is there half million OT budget
Joey

Cambridge, MA

#12 Oct 11, 2011
dial 911, make a cop come
Seriously

Exeter, NH

#13 Oct 11, 2011
Joey wrote:
dial 911, make a cop come
Well there is brilliance right there!!!! Guess we can see where you were brought up......
more then half

Seabrook, NH

#14 Oct 12, 2011
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there is brilliance right there!!!! Guess we can see where you were brought up......
of seabrooks force is on pain killers, thats why their drug drop off bin is always empty.
if you dont think so look at the ones thats been out on injury.then if you get a chance, look them in the eyes watch the dialation in them. now tell me they can make the right jugement...
Bin there

Stratham, NH

#15 Oct 12, 2011
they get $500,000 OT budget and no accountabilty and never get fired when the hit kids steal DWI lie in court
Seriously

Exeter, NH

#16 Oct 12, 2011
Bin there wrote:
they get $500,000 OT budget and no accountabilty and never get fired when the hit kids steal DWI lie in court
Have you "BIN THERE?" Just wondering?
four million

Stratham, NH

#17 Oct 13, 2011
$4 million dollars down the tubes in my opinion

Why do they think that the people keep voting down new cruisers and pay raises?
just asking

Hampton, NH

#18 Oct 14, 2011
Which Seabrook cops are using drugs and painkillers? Just asking.
Penny for your thoughts

Epping, NH

#19 Oct 14, 2011
more then half wrote:
<quoted text>of seabrooks force is on pain killers, thats why their drug drop off bin is always empty.
if you dont think so look at the ones thats been out on injury.then if you get a chance, look them in the eyes watch the dialation in them. now tell me they can make the right jugement...
Oh ya, you've been there and still are there. Maybe you could educate them and show them how to use them like you do. Get a job loser!
Penny for your thoughts

Epping, NH

#20 Oct 14, 2011
Bin there wrote:
they get $500,000 OT budget and no accountabilty and never get fired when the hit kids steal DWI lie in court
WHAT? English please!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Revamping econ plan, Trump vows tax cuts to 'ju... Aug 8 make Donald Drump... 4
Bernie Sanders/Never Hillary Aug 3 Bernie lover 1
Bernie sanders supporters Aug 3 Bernie lover 1
Hillary clinton IRS investigation Jul 29 Norman VN 1
Rob Waters Megastore (Feb '10) Jul 27 Renee 11
Microsoft store offering Free YouthSpark Summer... Jun '16 mdunham 1
News Salem officer is charged with assault (Jan '14) Jun '16 on a poor lil kitten 9

Salem Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salem Mortgages