Man and woman charged with stealing m...

Man and woman charged with stealing manhole covers

There are 14 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Apr 9, 2010, titled Man and woman charged with stealing manhole covers. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Could it be the new copper? Doubtful, say Hudson police, after they apprehended two people yesterday and charged them with one count of felony theft and four misdemeanor counts of reckless conduct after they stole cast iron manhole covers off of Musquash Road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

latinlady

United States

#1 Apr 9, 2010
couple of crackheads throw them in the sewer no need for them
BMX

Boston, MA

#2 Apr 9, 2010
Pete stole my bike in Lowell back in the late 80's and we caught him then too...obviously not a very bright individual. My aunt made him brown his drawers when she grabbed him LOL!!!
Sick of it

Wallingford, CT

#3 Apr 9, 2010
Wow, how stupid...
Ken

Billerica, MA

#4 Apr 9, 2010
Lay them on the ground, drop the manhole covers on their faces then throw them in the sewer.

These people are scum.
Tyngsborough

Londonderry, NH

#5 Apr 9, 2010
I wonder how many scrap metal yards would buy stolen cast iron manhole covers and sewer grates?
Nostradamus

United States

#6 Apr 9, 2010
"Levine does not pay for non-ferrous metals, the category into which manhole covers fall."

Suddenly, cast iron is non-ferrous? When did that happen?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fer...
Average Joe

Windham, NH

#7 Apr 9, 2010
Wow !! I wonder if drug dealers are accepting manhole covers as payment for drugs. 1 bag = 10 manhole covers
David

Cambridge, MA

#8 Apr 9, 2010
Tyngsborough wrote:
I wonder how many scrap metal yards would buy stolen cast iron manhole covers and sewer grates?
When I was a punk..er kid, I used to take stol..er copper to the junk yard in Chelsea, Ma. for some quick cash. While there, I would see piles and piles of stolen artifacts taken from churches. What dirtbags would take from a church, let alone give out cash for it to be melted as scrap?
David

Cambridge, MA

#9 Apr 9, 2010
If these two had stole manhole covers in China, they would have recieved a bullet to the back of the skull after one year in a dingy jail cell.
tyt

Lowell, MA

#10 Apr 9, 2010
why are not metal buyers forced to turn in these kinda slime,,,,they make pawnbrokers record everything..well in this day and age its time we do it to steel buyers ,since over and over again they are part of the new game going on....most are honest or are they! the problem is that metal is getting be the new gold and whole street lights are being sold to these unscrupulous buyers forcing us to buy more..its got to end...when a congressman drives into a hole where a manhole cover SHOULD be watch things change,especially when the cover was bought up by a scrap yard
Lowell Lady

Lowell, MA

#11 Apr 9, 2010
Average Joe wrote:
Wow !! I wonder if drug dealers are accepting manhole covers as payment for drugs. 1 bag = 10 manhole covers
LMFAO!!!!!! Too funny what a couple of losers!!!!!!
KSM

Stow, MA

#12 Apr 9, 2010
tyt wrote:
why are not metal buyers forced to turn in these kinda slime,,,,they make pawnbrokers record everything..well in this day and age its time we do it to steel buyers ,since over and over again they are part of the new game going on....most are honest or are they! the problem is that metal is getting be the new gold and whole street lights are being sold to these unscrupulous buyers forcing us to buy more..its got to end...when a congressman drives into a hole where a manhole cover SHOULD be watch things change,especially when the cover was bought up by a scrap yard
We should ask the congressman if there are any jobs in scrap metal on the railroads.
Happster

Andover, MA

#13 Apr 9, 2010
Maybe we should have asked if they were going to kill themselves with them before interfering. This makes rock-bottom look like the new top.
die in gun battle

Cambridge, MA

#14 Sep 24, 2010
got what they deserve!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beatles For Sale coming to Hampstead Jun '16 New England Music... 1
Microsoft store offering Free YouthSpark Summer... Jun '16 mdunham 1
News Derry man arrested for allegedly stabbing Hudso... (Feb '14) Jun '16 Hate DM and MS 4
News Salem officer is charged with assault (Jan '14) Jun '16 on a poor lil kitten 9
News Seabrook Around the Town (Sep '08) May '16 Litigator 82
cable tv May '16 pelham cable hater 1
Jocelyn's in Salem presents: live music with DA... Apr '16 New England Music... 1

Salem Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salem Mortgages