Presidential Approval Ratings

Presidential Approval Ratings

Posted in the Salem Forum

Interested

Dubuque, IA

#1 Nov 7, 2012
Since WWII, these are approval rankings (best to worst) of our past Presidents.

1. Kennedy
2. Eisenhower
3. George Bush Senior
4. Bill Clinton/LBJ (tied)
5. Ronald Reagan
6. George Bush Jr.
7. Obama
8. Nixon
9. Carter
10. Ford.
Bill

Salem, MO

#2 Nov 7, 2012
Interested wrote:
Since WWII, these are approval rankings (best to worst) of our past Presidents.
1. Kennedy
2. Eisenhower
3. George Bush Senior
4. Bill Clinton/LBJ (tied)
5. Ronald Reagan
6. George Bush Jr.
7. Obama
8. Nixon
9. Carter
10. Ford.
I don't know where you got your info from,but I would have to respectfully disagree with the order.Ronald Reagan in my opinion should be ranked higher than George Bush Sr. George Sr. was only a one term President. He sent our troops to Panama and then to the first Gulf war.Conflicts we should of stayed out of.Also where is Truman?I would put him high on the list.He was President at the end of WW2.Just my opinion.
we won

Salem, MO

#3 Nov 7, 2012
This is so laughable the election is over and by the way Bush Jr. left office with the lowest recorded approval of any President. Another delusional Republican trying to re-write history.
Interested

Dubuque, IA

#4 Nov 7, 2012
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know where you got your info from,but I would have to respectfully disagree with the order.Ronald Reagan in my opinion should be ranked higher than George Bush Sr. George Sr. was only a one term President. He sent our troops to Panama and then to the first Gulf war.Conflicts we should of stayed out of.Also where is Truman?I would put him high on the list.He was President at the end of WW2.Just my opinion.
I just pulled it from Wikipedia. I began thinking about it last night and wanted to see not only where Obama fit in in this category, but also where other Presidents came in. Surprisingly (and I agree with you wholeheartedly), Truman came in last in average approval (I forgot to list Truman because I was already up to ten since two were tied). Possibly because he was taking over one of the top 5 highly regarded Presidents ever? Who knows. This wasn't meant to cause any kind of argument, but rather just put something up here for folks to see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bicycle repair 1 hr truther 4
Mayor and Aldermen (Oct '16) 1 hr ben 134
Trumps Breathtaking Surrender to Russia 11 hr Impeach 14
What happened to Leroy Hart? 13 hr Patient 3
Sweet tea 13 hr CoCo 1
good auction 13 hr katie 1
Smoking at the city park 14 hr C Butt 37

Salem Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance