Murder on Franklin St

Posted in the Salem Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
gt

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#1 Jan 28, 2012
Does anyone remember the murder that happened a while back behind Casey's on Franklin St.? They removed the trailer that it happened at.
I have been trying to find details on that case but I can't even find a news story about it.
Mike C

Salem, MO

#2 Jan 28, 2012
It was a Guy named Johnathon who killed his Mother, that's all I know. May be in the archives of the Salem News or another paper from surrounding areas?
The intelligent one

Salem, MO

#3 Jan 28, 2012
Wasn't he a vampire or posing/acting like a vampire? Is this the same kid who hid in the old Hagals building? That was back in around 2004 if my memory serves me right.
i remember

Salem, MO

#4 Jan 28, 2012
His name was Jon and his mom's name was Debbie. The trailer was so trashed, he hid in the trash for a day or two before being found. The police happened to check and noticed some of the trashed had been moved and finally started looking inside the trash and found him. He's currently in Farmington Mental Hospital I believe. He also hid at the old Hagle's building too for a day or so too.
Actually

Salem, MO

#5 Jan 28, 2012
His name was Jonathon Jefferies.
Small town

Rolla, MO

#6 Jan 28, 2012
It was Jonathan Jefferies and his mother was Deborah Suggs. Google his name and you should find it
gt

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#7 Jan 28, 2012
Does anyone know why he killed his mother
Tricksie

Salem, MO

#8 Jan 28, 2012
That was years ago, why bring it up now? Still gives me the creeps!
gt

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#9 Jan 28, 2012
Well I've been wondering about this case because people told me all different things and I could never find any articles on it. I lived less than a block from there and every time I drive by I wondered what had happened, and why. I just discovered topic and thought I would ask.
Daisy Mae

Jefferson City, MO

#10 Jan 28, 2012
gt wrote:
Well I've been wondering about this case because people told me all different things and I could never find any articles on it. I lived less than a block from there and every time I drive by I wondered what had happened, and why. I just discovered topic and thought I would ask.
She was a friend of mine. Why would you want to bring something so tragic up after all these years?! What happened happened!! Let sleeping dogs alone.
The intelligent one

Salem, MO

#11 Jan 28, 2012
Daisy Mae wrote:
<quoted text>
She was a friend of mine. Why would you want to bring something so tragic up after all these years?! What happened happened!! Let sleeping dogs alone.
Of course, we shouldn't bring up the holocaust either. It's history yes, but the OP wasn't trash talking anyone. They were simply curious. Might be time to get back on your calming medications. Things happen, it's bad, but deal with it.
Daisy Mae

Jefferson City, MO

#12 Jan 28, 2012
The intelligent one wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, we shouldn't bring up the holocaust either. It's history yes, but the OP wasn't trash talking anyone. They were simply curious. Might be time to get back on your calming medications. Things happen, it's bad, but deal with it.
I and their other friends have dealt with it. I don't see the reason to bring up a tragic event that happened, and it is nothing like the Holocaust! Just people being noisy and thank you I forgot to take my chill pill this morning so I think I will do that now!! Ignorant people!
The intelligent one

Salem, MO

#13 Jan 28, 2012
Daisy Mae wrote:
<quoted text> I and their other friends have dealt with it. I don't see the reason to bring up a tragic event that happened, and it is nothing like the Holocaust! Just people being noisy and thank you I forgot to take my chill pill this morning so I think I will do that now!! Ignorant people!
You don't want to deal with it again but you click on the topic. And you call US ignorant? Wow... Just wow. You keep responding so you must enjoy talking about it and rehashing old memories. Don't want to? Don't respond or look at the thread. It's a pretty simple concept really.
Hmm

United States

#14 Jan 28, 2012
We all have went through tragedies they happen and they still get brought up its part of life. Deal with it!
ifiknew

Dahlonega, GA

#15 Jan 29, 2012
if i knew i would tell you....I remember the incident. I use to live in Salem when that happened but I can't remember. I can find out though and will post.
coocoo

Salem, MO

#16 Jan 29, 2012
I think John would be the only one that could tell you, but I bet of you got in contact with him you still wouldn't know. I don't like to bash anyone online.. So the nicest possible answer I have is this; I hope he's getting the help he needed. And really I can't believe it got that far. I don't understand why or how no one stepped in and gave him professional help before it got that bad. It was so obvious.
gt

Chicago, IL

#17 Jan 29, 2012
ifiknew wrote:
if i knew i would tell you....I remember the incident. I use to live in Salem when that happened but I can't remember. I can find out though and will post.
Thank you
gt

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#18 Jan 29, 2012
coocoo wrote:
I think John would be the only one that could tell you, but I bet of you got in contact with him you still wouldn't know. I don't like to bash anyone online.. So the nicest possible answer I have is this; I hope he's getting the help he needed. And really I can't believe it got that far. I don't understand why or how no one stepped in and gave him professional help before it got that bad. It was so obvious.
coocoo wrote:
Thank you, I am glad we can be civil about all this. I was not trying to start anything, I've just never got the real story of what happened and I lived so close! I've always wanted to know. I mean when I was young I never thought something like that could happen so close!
franklinstmrdr

Salem, MO

#19 Jan 29, 2012
I heard he butchered her with a sword. Chopped her and ran her through several times with the sword blade. He was demon possessed. And they wonder why the library wants to keep access to satanism out! Well, duh...
person

Lake Ozark, MO

#20 Jan 29, 2012
didnt another guy named john get stabed by him and his mom on prom night 2002 or 03.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The world is surpassing us because of our anti-... 4 hr use sense 10
4th street mall 18 hr Salem busybodies 13
5 Candidates for Sheriff? 23 hr McFarland4Sheriff 20
Justin Stites for Dent County Sheriff Wed Justin Stites 1
Rider's Mansion (Mar '10) Tue tiffany 246
Erica shriveled up Hopkins (Feb '14) Tue Erica Hopkins 22
Trump won Oregon, Hilderbeast got schooled by t... Tue Rob 25
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salem Mortgages