Church lady
hihi

Salem, MO

#1 Sep 30, 2012
I had my old lady run to mobile this morning to get me some beer and this lady in line had the nerve to say "You should be ashamed of yourself buying beer on a Sunday!" Who made this lady the lords right hand? It boggles my mind how Christians present themselves like that yet wonder why more don't attend church.

I believe in god but dont go to church for the simple fact people like this give em a bad name.
hmmm

Lebanon, MO

#2 Sep 30, 2012
I'm very sorry this happened, but even sorrier that is is causing you to choose to not go to church. You should go for GOD...not for those hypocritical people.
question

Haslet, TX

#3 Sep 30, 2012
hmmm wrote:
I'm very sorry this happened, but even sorrier that is is causing you to choose to not go to church. You should go for GOD...not for those hypocritical people.
I don't, but if someone believes in God and worships him every single day and loves him and lives by his words or whatever, why does it matter if he is on church or not? Does your God love him less because he doesnt sit in a crowded church full of hypocrites and say what they want him to say or feel how they want him to feel or tell him that how he lives is wrong or all the reasons he's going to hell? Just a thought.
pinkphlox

Salem, MO

#4 Sep 30, 2012
I am sorry, but please dont judge every church and every Christian by this one one thing. you shop with all kinds of people in the grocery store, but that does not affect your groceries in your cart, Get the point???. LOve to you in the name of Jesus.
hmmm

Lebanon, MO

#5 Oct 1, 2012
God does not love him less for not going to church. However, I WANT to go to church to serve Him.
The writer of Hebrews clearly says that we are not to forsake the assembling of ourselves as is the manner of some in Hebrews10:25:“…not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” In the previous verse (v 24) the writer says,“And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.” Now it would be hard to “spur one another on toward love and good deeds” if we are sitting at home and watching a TV or Internet evangelist. Hebrews 13:17 is an impossible command for the Christian to follow since it says to “Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith.” You can not imitate what you do not see and you can not remember church leaders if you never attend
Observer

Washington, MO

#6 Oct 2, 2012
hihi wrote:
I had my old lady run to mobile this morning to get me some beer and this lady in line had the nerve to say "You should be ashamed of yourself buying beer on a Sunday!" Who made this lady the lords right hand? It boggles my mind how Christians present themselves like that yet wonder why more don't attend church.
I believe in god but dont go to church for the simple fact people like this give em a bad name.
Your response should have been, I am going to church, I am Catholic and this is to have with my lunch after church. After I worship, and then give freely of my monies I have earned, I am going home to have lunch in which I have prepared with monies I have earned while working 6 days a week to support the folks receiving Obama handouts. The reason I couldn't buy the beer yesterday was because I had to work a side job to make ends meet. This is my relaxation on Sunday afternoon. I bet if you would have sat outside and watched her get in her car, she probably had an Obama sticker on her car and a cig hanging out of her mouth.
killa

Rolla, MO

#7 Oct 2, 2012
Churchy people just like to scold others. They go to church to hear they are God's chosen ones and then they start to believe that crap.

Do them a favor and mash their old scoldy mouth and bring them back to reality for a minute.
Eric

United States

#8 Oct 2, 2012
killa wrote:
Churchy people just like to scold others. They go to church to hear they are God's chosen ones and then they start to believe that crap.
Do them a favor and mash their old scoldy mouth and bring them back to reality for a minute.
Its OK you lost child. God still loves you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeremy & Angie Harris 1 hr No body cares 14
Lesbians in Salem?????? (Aug '16) 2 hr Taterchip 23
Black Lives Matters group is a bunch of Racists... Wed John Birch 2
all out diesel scam! Oct 17 Tiny 9
Mayor and Aldermen (Oct '16) Oct 16 what's up today? 200
Rural Internet Oct 15 Dan 9
jeff mcelfresh (Apr '12) Oct 14 Salen 17

Salem Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance