James Tebeau Indicted

“The truth hurts”

Since: Oct 08

Anytown USA

#62 Dec 30, 2011
They are a bunch of hick douchebags down there. Let these salem pricks rot.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#63 Dec 31, 2011
Well in my professional opinion the loss of Camp Zoe has dealt a devastating blow to science, almost insurmountable in fact. No other site within 200 miles offered such a wealth of information. Especially in my area of expertise, specifically, the mating habits of the ever entertaining Megaintoxicatious Muchosexious Hippifemalious. Sadly enough, now I am reduced to such degrading studies as my recent Dopewhoerious Maxamillious Salemious (Salems hottest dope whore) Which incidentally is nearly impossible as there is a woeful lack of suitable test subjects, due in large part to hotness being one of the primary caveats. Naturally this has significantly contributed to the failure of the study to gain any measurable traction. Unfortunately community assistance has been minimal as of yet. This recent development has lent itself to wild speculation among my colleges with the majority consensus tending to indicate the presence of Dopewhoreious Ignoramiousness of seemingly epidemic proportions, they simply are not aware that they are dope whores.
Further complications have arisen on the supply side of the study, due in no small part to Dr. D.Browns apparent bouts with paranoid schizophrenia. This has caused a dramatic shortage in essential opiates as well as other desperately needed prescription medications. Despite all of these obstacles I will rigorously continue with this study until all available avenues have been thoroughly exhausted, or until such time as my body is completely ravaged by the effects of a previously unknown to man sexually transmitted disease.

Dr.Dick Head
Alex

Granite City, IL

#64 Mar 18, 2012
So let me get this straight... The police in Salem set up roadblocks nearly every time there were people on the way to Camp Zoe. They had plenty of time to find any drugs that were in route to this camp ground. Yet they turn and blame a musical artist that was most likely busy practicing for the shows that his band headlined each night, for all this drug use and drug dealing by other people? Have any of you people even been to this amazing piece of land?! Jimmy Tebeau isn't a police officer, he can't just walk over to someone dealing drugs and arrest them, can he?!!! That is the police of Salem's job, and they obviously did a terrible job enforcing the law. I've even heard so much as Jimmy Tebeau personally asking the police to work at his festival, but I guess they didn't find any reason to do this, and I am sure that would of probably pushed away a lot of drug sales out there. Sucks for you guys though, because I bet Salem doesn't get nearly as many visitors to your area anymore. Honestly, if I hadn't been to a beautiful piece of land like Camp Zoe, I wouldn't even desire to go to Salem, because the majority of people out there came off as a bunch of redneck farmers that didn't like the fact that their town actually brought in a bunch of outside business. For christ's sake, there was a hotel with a sign that said "welcome schwaggers". They were obviously smart about the fact that this land was a significant point of income in Salem, and I bet they would of put the tourist's money to better use than the police/DEA/and highway patrol will with your wasted tax dollars. Everyone on this forum sounds like a 60 year old grandma who shears at the very mention of the word "drugs". If you hear the word drugs, you people act like JT was manufacturing meth or something, when in all reality, all he was doing was giving fans of his music a place to come and enjoy his band as well as camp in a great place.

Drug use will always accompany music festivals, but before they take all these festival-goers freedom away, shouldn't they maybe learn to enforce the drug laws of the state, and possibly have officers patrol these areas better? The whole time they were "undercover" making drug purchases, couldn't they have just been stopping the sales of drugs, rather than going right along with it, and possibly even contributing to it? I bet stealing a nice piece of land that the police/DEA will ultimately abandon or use for something other than its intended purpose is a great idea to all of you out there in Salem...=/
leroy

Windsor, MO

#65 Mar 18, 2012
Alex wrote:
So let me get this straight... The police in Salem set up roadblocks nearly every time there were people on the way to Camp Zoe. They had plenty of time to find any drugs that were in route to this camp ground. Yet they turn and blame a musical artist that was most likely busy practicing for the shows that his band headlined each night, for all this drug use and drug dealing by other people? Have any of you people even been to this amazing piece of land?! Jimmy Tebeau isn't a police officer, he can't just walk over to someone dealing drugs and arrest them, can he?!!! That is the police of Salem's job, and they obviously did a terrible job enforcing the law. I've even heard so much as Jimmy Tebeau personally asking the police to work at his festival, but I guess they didn't find any reason to do this, and I am sure that would of probably pushed away a lot of drug sales out there. Sucks for you guys though, because I bet Salem doesn't get nearly as many visitors to your area anymore. Honestly, if I hadn't been to a beautiful piece of land like Camp Zoe, I wouldn't even desire to go to Salem, because the majority of people out there came off as a bunch of redneck farmers that didn't like the fact that their town actually brought in a bunch of outside business. For christ's sake, there was a hotel with a sign that said "welcome schwaggers". They were obviously smart about the fact that this land was a significant point of income in Salem, and I bet they would of put the tourist's money to better use than the police/DEA/and highway patrol will with your wasted tax dollars. Everyone on this forum sounds like a 60 year old grandma who shears at the very mention of the word "drugs". If you hear the word drugs, you people act like JT was manufacturing meth or something, when in all reality, all he was doing was giving fans of his music a place to come and enjoy his band as well as camp in a great place.

Drug use will always accompany music festivals, but before they take all these festival-goers freedom away, shouldn't they maybe learn to enforce the drug laws of the state, and possibly have officers patrol these areas better? The whole time they were "undercover" making drug purchases, couldn't they have just been stopping the sales of drugs, rather than going right along with it, and possibly even contributing to it? I bet stealing a nice piece of land that the police/DEA will ultimately abandon or use for something other than its intended purpose is a great idea to all of you out there in Salem...=/
This has nothing to do with Salem or Dent County law enforcement. Camp Zoe is in Shannon County which is where 90 percent of roadblocks occurred. Go bitch on Eminences topix.
Laurel Lizzlepants

Green Ridge, MO

#66 Mar 19, 2012
Most of you people have no clue what you are talking about. It's like there was nothing bad going on before Jimmy Tebeau bought Zoe. I see so many meth-heads when I go to Salem Wal Mart. Jimmy Tebeau should not spend one minute in jail or prison. The highway patrol had a press release approximately four years prior to the 'bust' at Zoe saying that there were undercover cops there. Why did not one drug dealer get arrested? Why did the police refuse to come when they were called? "I was working the checkpoint" was the response of one Shannon county law enforcement officer. Still, after all of these months no one dealing drugs at Zoe has been arrested. To me it looks like the cops were the enablers in this scenario. They still aren't arresting anyone who they allegedly knew was selling illegal drugs. The police are guilty of letting this go on year after year. Again, they were called upon on several occasions and did not respond (that is their job). As for the "homeless" people who are occupying Zoe; that is bullshit. There is one person there who takes care of whatever needs taking care of and NO ONE ELSE. If anyone else is on the property they will be arrested for trespassing (that is if you can get the lazy-ass cops to do their job.
Laurel Lizzlepants

Green Ridge, MO

#67 Mar 19, 2012
leroy wrote:
<quoted text>
This has nothing to do with Salem or Dent County law enforcement. Camp Zoe is in Shannon County which is where 90 percent of roadblocks occurred. Go bitch on Eminences topix.
RIGHT ON LEROY!
JOAT

Ozark, MO

#68 May 22, 2012
I Notice you advoided mentioning that The Local law enforcement REFUSED IN WRITING to allow Off duty police Patrol Zoe as they had at all of the Schwagstocks before Jimmy bought Camp Zoe. And then Spent years buying drugs and not busting the dealers ..the law enforcement sent the massage out themselves that Zoe was Free of cops. The bread the problem in an attempt to Steal Camp Zoe. The Staff at Zoe did try and stop the drugs by providing illumination in the "Dark" areas, banning vendors of drug paraphernalia IE: Glass pipes etc, Many drug sellers WERE SHOW the Gate!!! The Zoe Staff did all they could to keep the place clean but without the support they were doomed to fail, as the law enforcement has planned all alone. the plan was to seize Zoe with and with a federal agency's assistance the proceeds would be stolen from the local schools and be divided up between the law enforcement agency's, or if you will the NEW ORGANIZED CRIME....Jimmy is a musician who loves music and was Awarded by the Missouri House for his bringing a depressed campground and county so much business. Our law enforcement no longer has out best interests in mind...only their greed.
timmy

Windsor, MO

#69 May 22, 2012
JOAT wrote:
I Notice you advoided mentioning that The Local law enforcement REFUSED IN WRITING to allow Off duty police Patrol Zoe as they had at all of the Schwagstocks before Jimmy bought Camp Zoe. And then Spent years buying drugs and not busting the dealers ..the law enforcement sent the massage out themselves that Zoe was Free of cops. The bread the problem in an attempt to Steal Camp Zoe. The Staff at Zoe did try and stop the drugs by providing illumination in the "Dark" areas, banning vendors of drug paraphernalia IE: Glass pipes etc, Many drug sellers WERE SHOW the Gate!!! The Zoe Staff did all they could to keep the place clean but without the support they were doomed to fail, as the law enforcement has planned all alone. the plan was to seize Zoe with and with a federal agency's assistance the proceeds would be stolen from the local schools and be divided up between the law enforcement agency's, or if you will the NEW ORGANIZED CRIME....Jimmy is a musician who loves music and was Awarded by the Missouri House for his bringing a depressed campground and county so much business. Our law enforcement no longer has out best interests in mind...only their greed.
Oh goody! Now the hippies are throwing around government conspiracy theories! I don't buy the bullshit that they begged for off duty cops. If they really wanted help on duty cops would do a much better job of slowing the drug problem. Oh wait, that would also slow ticket sales.
Honesty Counts

Jefferson City, MO

#70 May 23, 2012
timmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh goody! Now the hippies are throwing around government conspiracy theories! I don't buy the bullshit that they begged for off duty cops. If they really wanted help on duty cops would do a much better job of slowing the drug problem. Oh wait, that would also slow ticket sales.
I have been told by several people who were in charge there before this all came about that they asked for law enforcement to help but was refused. It was the same way for decades in St Louis, Kansas City and most every city in America.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#71 Jun 12, 2012
Pleads guilty!! One felony count of maintaining a drug-involved premises in exchange for an agreed-upon prison sentence of 30 months. He also agreed to foreit the campground property to the government, but gets 188,000 back that had been seized by athorities
I am SHOCKED

AOL

#72 Jun 12, 2012
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Told yas soooooooooooo!!!!
Blowing a big old raspberry to those that tried to make him innocent. The dude PLED guilty.
In your face Sword of Truth. So get off your high horse, once and for all. You were wrong
Vegas

Salem, MO

#74 Jun 14, 2012
The owner of Camp Zoe pleaded guilty Tuesday to federal drug charges.

James Tebeau, 44, pleaded guilty to one felony count of maintaining a drug-involved premises. He also agreed to forfeit to the United States about 350 acres in Shannon County, Mo. Tebeau appeared before U.S. District Judge Stephen N. Limbaugh, Jr. Tuesday morning to enter his plea.

According to the plea and court documents, from 2004 until Oct. 2010, Tebeau managed a campground consisting of about 350 acres known as Camp Zoe. Tebeau used the camp as a location for different weekend music festivals known as "Schwagstock" or "Spookstock" festivals. Those festivals would normally be held from April through October on a monthly basis, and would last for three days. He would arrange for different bands to come to Camp Zoe and Tebeau would also perform with his band, "The Schwag Band." Tebeau advertised these festivals in various publications, and was aware that the term "schwag" was a slang term for low-grade marijuana and he purposely adopted that name for his music festivals and band.

Tebeau charged each person who attended a music festival $60 admission for entrance to Camp Zoe for the three day festival. Each person who paid admission had an armband placed on their wrist by a Camp Zoe employee. The number of people who attended each festival ranged from a low of 3,600 campers during April festivals to a high of nearly 8,000 campers for the May festivals, with an average of 5,000. The campers parked their vehicles in the fields on Camp Zoe and camped in tents and small personal camping trailers.

In August 2006, the Missouri State Highway Patrol arrested two people who had been selling illegal mushrooms at Camp Zoe. During the investigation over the next four years, officers made over 150 undercover purchases of illegal drugs that included: marijuana, psychedelic mushrooms, ecstasy, cocaine, LSD, MDMA, opium, moonshine liquor and products such as homemade cookies and cakes containing hashish oil. Officers say they saw 100 to 200 drug sellers at each festival, and estimated that the total amount of illegal drugs sold in the camp during a typical Schwagstock festival was about $500,000 per event.

Tebeau admitted that he was responsible for the operation of the camp. While he did not participate in any drug sales, he admitted that he was aware of the drug use and had told his employees that certain types of drugs were permissible in the campground, like marijuana, LSD and mushrooms, but had told them to kick out anyone who sold crack, cocaine, meth, heroin or nitrous oxide gas. Tebeau did not participate in any drug sales, nor did he receive any money from the sale of any controlled substances.

Because of his plea agreement, Tebeau was sentenced to two-and-a-half years in prison and the agreement allows him to appeal to the District Court's denial of his motion to dismiss the indictment. As part of the agreement, the government conceded that Tebeau did not himself have the intent to sell or use controlled substances but Tebeau admits that he intended Camp Zoe be made available for sellers and users of controlled substances.

The plea agreement must still be approved by the District Court after the pre sentence report has been finished and sentencing has been set for Sept. 4.

This case was investigated by the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the Shannon County Sheriff's Department, the Internal Revenue Service, and the Drug Enforcement Administration. Assistant U.S. Attorney Keith D. Sorrell is handling the case for the U.S. Attorney's Office.
What ever

Pevely, MO

#76 Nov 9, 2012
^bulletinman post^????
Jackie Bruffee

Novato, CA

#78 Feb 1, 2013
These comments are ridiculous. Grow up or throw up!!! We really need to learn to take responsibility for our own actions. Guess what people....drugs are a part of our reality...our society is a bunch of drug addicts. We hand out and receive drugs throughout our lives. We are bomb with commercials that advertise magic pills. What makes it legal or illegal is a matter of money not morals.
CMS

Park Hills, MO

#79 Feb 1, 2013
Needs to Stop, you claim to know a lot and through a lot of facts out there to support your opinions, but you all are missing something. In 2003 the "Rave Act" was passed (dog eared to the Amber Alert). The Rave Act holds all and any party promoters responsible for the goings on in a venue. I remember this pretty vividly actually as I had some friends in STL that were party promoters. Everyone knew what happened at raves, just as everyone knew what happened at Schwag. At the time, I was young and thought that it targeted those types of venues, as there would be some drug use at any concert, but I do not think that the Rave Act is out of line now because it targets venues that are fully aware what their concert or party is promoting. Drug use, and a concert....not the other way around. The drugs that are used at raves and schwag are prolific, everyone there was well aware, and if it weren't for those 'freedoms' of being able to openly use drugs heavily for an entire weekend I guarantee the turn out would not have been so high.(No pun intended) You can try to justify it all you want, but that guy was well aware of what he was doing. And lastly, he was profiting off of the addictions of others...which actually makes him as bad as the fascists that you are so quickly to hate.
Derp

Festus, MO

#80 Feb 2, 2013
CMS wrote:
Needs to Stop, you claim to know a lot and through a lot of facts out there to support your opinions, but you all are missing something. In 2003 the "Rave Act" was passed (dog eared to the Amber Alert). The Rave Act holds all and any party promoters responsible for the goings on in a venue. I remember this pretty vividly actually as I had some friends in STL that were party promoters. Everyone knew what happened at raves, just as everyone knew what happened at Schwag. At the time, I was young and thought that it targeted those types of venues, as there would be some drug use at any concert, but I do not think that the Rave Act is out of line now because it targets venues that are fully aware what their concert or party is promoting. Drug use, and a concert....not the other way around. The drugs that are used at raves and schwag are prolific, everyone there was well aware, and if it weren't for those 'freedoms' of being able to openly use drugs heavily for an entire weekend I guarantee the turn out would not have been so high.(No pun intended) You can try to justify it all you want, but that guy was well aware of what he was doing. And lastly, he was profiting off of the addictions of others...which actually makes him as bad as the fascists that you are so quickly to hate.
I guess we better shut all the bars down then.
Grew up in dent

United States

#81 Mar 27, 2013
You idiots actually act like there was never in the drug activity in dent or Shannon County before swag or camp zoe opened as a music venue. For years I heard horror stories about what went on down there but when I asked those people telling those stories if they had ever been there most of the time they said no. Truth be known financially that helped both Shannon and didn't county more then anything else has in the last 20 years there was very little canoeing ,what this did was it brought people into spend money in your restaurants in your motels which by the way I was brought a new hotel because of it and nobody seems to understand what that really was
Absolutely

United States

#82 May 5, 2013
Vagas wrote:
<quoted tex
Ditto!!!!!!!!! Times 10 !!
Absolutely ditto 100 x s I heard he goes to jail in a few more weeks.
Now who is calling the kettle black ?
Rock on Tebeau!
He He He
Whowantstoknow

Indianapolis, IN

#83 May 13, 2014
Ann wrote:
Jimmy Tebeau deserves to go to prison. He is a criminal. I hope that he has to serve 20 years in prison and with each passing day that he spends in prison, that he comes to understand that what he has done is morally and legally wrong!! But I'm sure that he will just be angry that he lost all of his money and that he got caught.
You're dumb as hell lady! The real criminals are on Wallstreet and in our government.
Jimmy NEVER sold drugs. Even says he didn't in the article. Ppl on his property did. He never made a penny off those sales. A few bad apples ruin for the rest. Open your eyes and quit being a "sheeple".....baaaaa aa
Whowantstoknow

Indianapolis, IN

#84 May 13, 2014
Sword of Truth wrote:
They are a bunch of hick douchebags down there. Let these salem pricks rot.
I hope you rot

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
question for John Cooper 13 min Tonya Allen 67
Election 1 hr tenacious15 14
Which Joe overdosed 2 hr Vick the pushover 51
question for keith plank 6 hr Tiffany Thomas 29
Cynthia Howard aka Marchbanks 9 hr choose 6
I knew that he was born a Keynan 9 hr George 6
whats she worth Sun someonethatnos 1

Salem Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance