curious

Weaubleau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

what do people think of this restaurant?
realmomma

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Is this the one near the pet store?
pope

Salem, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

i think they have good food and cheap
amazing_grace201 0

Salem, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

No,that is Main Street Cafe...I believe the one they are talking about is on Main Street right past Studio
573....I have only ate breakfast there and it was good.
opinion

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

If it's the one past Studio 573, I've eaten there a few times and have been pleasantly surprised each time. The food is very good and very reasonably priced. Nice employees, and quick service. The only place I will go for breakfast in Salem.
customer

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

well i think they are great,food is always good they are training a new cook though and has trouble with my eggs but the owner is usually the main cook an does a great job an the main waitress is very hard working.every place has a not so great worker so souldn't be judged by one person also i know if there is ever a problem they will do what it take's to fix it for you..It is a great place with friendly people give them a chance they work hard to please everyone
awesome

Salem, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

went there a couple months ago.was not impressed.just average.average prices and service.I'll stick to spring creek cafe.Best prices in town and the food is good.I know there will be people who will think other wise.But I don't care what they say.
Are u kidding me

Salem, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Breedings... No Thank You!!
Good

Salem, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

I have been there several times. I have found that breakfast is what they do best. Service has always been fast and friendy. Spring Creek on the other hand may have good food I don't know. The one time I went there I could not get past the filth then I saw the bus boy pick his nose then look at it then eat it. Sorry but I left it may have cheap food that is good but one does not want to look at filth and booger eaters while eating.
opinion

Salem, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

awesome wrote:
went there a couple months ago.was not impressed.just average.average prices and service.I'll stick to spring creek cafe.Best prices in town and the food is good.I know there will be people who will think other wise.But I don't care what they say.
Spring Creek looks disgusting from the outside, so I've never been tempted to see what lies inside. No thank you.
costumer

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

If u don't know these people personally. then u should get to know them before down grading someone because of their last name.Every family has a bad egg or two in it.From what i have seen they are very respectful an caring people trying to do right by working hard to support their family.as the saying goes (shouldn't judge a book by it's cover)Get to know them and i bet u will regret the comment.wrong breeding
Get facts right

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Are u kidding me wrote:
Breedings... No Thank You!!
I do believe French is the correct name.
Vicky Mailes

Salem, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Country Corner is a great place to eat.Dwayne and Dawn have made a great success out of the business.They are both very hard working people,and so is their waitress.If something isn't correct when you get your order,send it back and they will fix it again.Dwayne may be a Breeding,but he's one of the most kind caring people I have ever known.Maybe some of his brothers were screw ups,but he ISN'T.And Dawn was a French before they married,but she is also hard working,caring person.They have brought the cafe a long ways in a short time since they bought it.Give the kids a break,and try it be4 you start bitching about who owns it or how the service is.All I have to say is," great work Dwayne and Dawn."
amazing_grace201 0

Salem, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

I'm with the other poster about Spring Creek....had to try it once and it is a depressing place inside and rather unclean...food was just so-so...but obviously must be pretty popular as the parking lot is usually full.....to each his own.
betsie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

is there no helth department in salem,spring creek needs to be shut down before people get sick.
8there1ce

Salem, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

I ate at Spring Creek once. That was enough. Waitress had a persistent hacking cough. She should have been home on sick leave, instead of waiting on customers. "May I take your order"? Hack. Hack. Carrying out plates of food to customers: Cough. Cough. Cough. Some man busing tables with sleeves removed from shirt and hairy armpits hanging out over tables as he cleared and wiped them down. Whole place looked like a rat hole inside. Totally disgusting environment and experience. Anyone feeling at home there must live like that at their own home and that's why they like it.
Bitch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

I think country corner is a great place to eat. We have fantastic service. dewayne and dawn is great people and done great with this place. and comparing them with spring creek, thats just not right,spring creek is a nasty place to eat, you never know what surprise your gonna get in your food. I will stick stick with country corner wish they would stay open later cause we would eat supper there. Way to go Country Corner
concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

Spring creek is below a dive. Dirty filthy shithole
Good

Salem, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

betsie wrote:
is there no helth department in salem,spring creek needs to be shut down before people get sick.
There is a health inspector for Dent County. Unfortunately there is only one to cover the entire county. The inspector not only inspects all the restaurants in Dent County but all hotels, motels, cabin rentals etc. Way too much for one inspector. I have talked to the inspector about Spring Creek. The problem is it gets inspected gets sited for violations which they have one week to correct . The violations are corrected for the re-inspection. But then knowing it will be well over a year before they get inspected again they just go back to the same old nasty practices.
concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

Judged:

Country corner is a great restaurant. We go thre a few times a week for breakfast. Clean, good food and service .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Salem Forum right now

Search the Salem Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
working and not getting paid 28 min Joe 2
Kevin Scott parsons "bud" 45 min Family of bud 5
Taco Bell/KFC 5 hr blaaa 24
big rock candy mountain 6 hr TruthBomb 19
Black Women White Men 11 hr Changed 8
Michael Watson 13 hr what's up today? 12
Danny Wethy 17 hr Puddintain 5
•••
•••