We must legalize automatic weapons

We must legalize automatic weapons

Posted in the Salem Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Alex

United States

#1 Jan 4, 2013
Instead of looking to ban semi auto's and high capacity magazines we should be looking to legalize automatic weapons.

Why? what practical use do they have? excuse me... but where in the 2nd amendment does it say anything about practicality?

We've had our rights taken away from us for too long, its time we take them back.
Smart1

Jefferson City, MO

#2 Jan 4, 2013
Alex wrote:
Instead of looking to ban semi auto's and high capacity magazines we should be looking to legalize automatic weapons.
Why? what practical use do they have? excuse me... but where in the 2nd amendment does it say anything about practicality?
We've had our rights taken away from us for too long, its time we take them back.
For this reason too!
Alex

United States

#3 Jan 4, 2013
Wow that is a great clip.
John

Clinton, MO

#4 Jan 4, 2013
They already legal with the right permits. It is all about money.
UH1D

United States

#5 Jan 4, 2013
John, They are legal the way it is, Why should money and permits be involved.
John

Clinton, MO

#6 Jan 4, 2013
UH1D wrote:
John, They are legal the way it is, Why should money and permits be involved.
That's what I said. A fully auto requires a permit.
Alex

United States

#7 Jan 4, 2013
Yeah but that isn't right

2nd Amendment
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

The word infringed means Broken; violated; transgresses.

And the word infringed means
1. To break, as contracts; to violate, either positively by contravention, or negatively by non-fulfillment or neglect of performance. A prince or a private person infringes an agreement or covenant by neglecting to perform its conditions, as well as by doing what is stipulated not to be done.

2. To break; to violate; to transgress; to neglect to fulfill or obey; as, to infringe a law.

3. To destroy or hinder; as, to infringe efficacy.

I would think that permits and money is a hindrance and violation.
Alex

United States

#8 Jan 4, 2013
sorry that is suppose to be "The word infringe means Broken; violated; transgresses."
Alex

United States

#9 Jan 4, 2013
And I mixed that up again...

"And the word infringed means
1. To break, as contracts; to violate, either positively by contravention, or negatively by non-fulfillment or neglect of performance. A prince or a private person infringes an agreement or covenant by neglecting to perform its conditions, as well as by doing what is stipulated not to be done.

2. To break; to violate; to transgress; to neglect to fulfill or obey; as, to infringe a law.

3. To destroy or hinder; as, to infringe efficacy."
Alex

United States

#10 Jan 4, 2013
Ok I look stupid now...

The word infringed means Broken; violated; transgresses.

And the word infringe means
1. To break, as contracts; to violate, either positively by contravention, or negatively by non-fulfillment or neglect of performance. A prince or a private person infringes an agreement or covenant by neglecting to perform its conditions, as well as by doing what is stipulated not to be done.

2. To break; to violate; to transgress; to neglect to fulfill or obey; as, to infringe a law.

3. To destroy or hinder; as, to infringe efficacy.
Name

Kansas City, MO

#11 Jan 5, 2013
I'd rather not have that happen... fun as it would be to own and shoot one. Don't think it would be a good idea.
goodidea

Independence, KS

#12 Jan 5, 2013
Don't let the govt. have anything that we don't trust ourselves with.
Hunter

Salem, MO

#13 Jan 5, 2013
goodidea wrote:
Don't let the govt. have anything that we don't trust ourselves with.
I agree, if the Muslim militia in Michigan want to build a nuclear weapon they should be able to, just like the government.
right

United States

#14 Jan 5, 2013
Hunter, You are the most obnoxious and moronic people on this site other than Van Zant. Everything you say is just plain stupid.
Hunter

Salem, MO

#15 Jan 5, 2013
right wrote:
Hunter, You are the most obnoxious and moronic people on this site other than Van Zant. Everything you say is just plain stupid.
And I think you are the most brilliant idiot around. The poster said individuals should be able to own anything the government has, the government has nuclear arms, using that logic why should American Muslims not be able to own nuclear weapons? Anyone more brilliant than an idiot would see the connection, sorry you can't. Maybe when you finish school.
hmm

United States

#16 Jan 5, 2013
Hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
And I think you are the most brilliant idiot around. The poster said individuals should be able to own anything the government has, the government has nuclear arms, using that logic why should American Muslims not be able to own nuclear weapons? Anyone more brilliant than an idiot would see the connection, sorry you can't. Maybe when you finish school.
You're kinda a dumbass, but that is funny right there.
Hunter

Salem, MO

#17 Jan 5, 2013
hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
You're kinda a dumbass, but that is funny right there.
Kind of a dumbass or a kind dumbass?
right

United States

#18 Jan 5, 2013
Just Dumb ass Hunter, Americans don't want private Nuclear weapons, Just our constitutional right to bear arms and not be infringed in the type of arms or registration of them or the owner. Part of the right to bear arms is to protect us from a government dictatorship.. Read the second ammendment.
Name

United States

#19 Jan 5, 2013
I consider nuclear weapons an armament. Maybe some americans do want it.
Hunter

Salem, MO

#20 Jan 5, 2013
right wrote:
Just Dumb ass Hunter, Americans don't want private Nuclear weapons, Just our constitutional right to bear arms and not be infringed in the type of arms or registration of them or the owner. Part of the right to bear arms is to protect us from a government dictatorship.. Read the second ammendment.
Again your logic is faulty, if the government has armed drones don't we need them to protect ourselves from the government? Same with nuclear weapons. Nuclear arms, nerve gas, mortars, LAWs, all are types of arms. So should anybody's right to own these be infringed upon?

You said you were a Vietnam vet, wasn't a claymore mine used for defense of a position? Shouldn't a home owner be allowed to own a few to protect their home from burglars or government invasion?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KKK doesn't mean Racism. 1 hr anti-rebel 20
The KKK Helps all People. 2 hr Truth 2
The "rebel flag" 2 hr Truth 80
Electrician 2 hr sparkey 2
hell yeah 3 hr Just saying 3
Jackie Hobson Stacy (Oct '13) 4 hr Minion 51
salem police dept 5 hr Wow 2
More from around the web

Salem People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Salem Mortgages