Mercy healthcare
1 who knows

United States

#1 Feb 12, 2013
Why is Mercy health asking sick people for payment at the check in window??? They have a new corporate boss lady there, apparently she tells the drs what to do, wonder how this makes Vicky feel?
Unknown

United States

#2 Feb 12, 2013
Bet the Nuns of mercy aren't too happy about this, heard they never turned a person away.
sodh

Wright City, MO

#3 Feb 12, 2013
I don't know how it makes Vicky feel but it sure ticks me off!!!
real ruby

Jefferson City, MO

#4 Feb 12, 2013
1 who knows wrote:
Why is Mercy health asking sick people for payment at the check in window??? They have a new corporate boss lady there, apparently she tells the drs what to do, wonder how this makes Vicky feel?
Try walking out at Wal Mart without paying. You received a service or will be, so pay for it. Its called responsibility.
money4service

Troy, MO

#5 Feb 12, 2013
Your absolutely correct Real Ruby. If you are going somewhere for a service then expect to pay for that service. It's not a free clinic. Most offices mandate this these days because many never pay. If you can't afford it then do not go, I don't. If it's an emergency then go to the hospital where they will see you with non payment. I would guarantee there is at least one thing that you can give up for the month to save you money so you can pay at the window for the service you are being provided. It's called priorities and yes responsibility.
Anonymous

Sweet Springs, MO

#6 Feb 12, 2013
Sorry people, don't always have that money, VA keeps vets on a pretty tight leash, and for that matter. I'm also sorry I went and fought for the oil you find so easy waste. Ruby.

I have always paid my bills thank you

Why is a corporation worried about 37$

Rudy I've been too a couple pay as you go docs, love em.
1 who knows

Sweet Springs, MO

#7 Feb 12, 2013
I can't believe people side with corporations,whatever happened to humanity or compassion????
1 who knows

Sweet Springs, MO

#8 Feb 12, 2013
Do you pay for your MRI. at time of service?cancer surgery.?
sodh

Wright City, MO

#9 Feb 12, 2013
real ruby wrote:
<quoted text>Try walking out at Wal Mart without paying. You received a service or will be, so pay for it. Its called responsibility.
When you have 2 insurances, you shouldnt HAVE to pay a dam thing at the window.
sodh

Wright City, MO

#10 Feb 12, 2013
1 who knows wrote:
I can't believe people side with corporations,whatever happened to humanity or compassion????
They stink,you are just a number. You can't talk to the docs, and it takes months to get in. A mild problem could turn into a funeral by the time they get you in. And no with passed experience, especially from Salem hosp. I won't be going there
Patient

Holden, MO

#11 Feb 12, 2013
sodh I happen to think the Hospital is very good just spent 2 days in there. Had good care. Salem is very fortunate to have it. They saved my life Dec 2011. Did what had to be done then flew me out. They aren't Missouri Baptist but do a great job. Somwtimes things can't be done.
just me

Wright City, MO

#12 Feb 12, 2013
Patient wrote:
sodh I happen to think the Hospital is very good just spent 2 days in there. Had good care. Salem is very fortunate to have it. They saved my life Dec 2011. Did what had to be done then flew me out. They aren't Missouri Baptist but do a great job. Sometimes things can't be done.
Sorry, I went in with a stroke, they thought I was on drugs. I dont do drugs. I went home. They wouldnt do anything for me. The doc had to order an MRI the next day. Before that I went in for something totally different and they demanded to send me somewhere else for rapid heart beat that wasnt the problem of the moment. I was flown to columbia and with in an hour of being seen by a doc there, he said go home. we laughed. But if I had not had insurance I would have been in court. They are incompetent.
Eric

United States

#13 Feb 12, 2013
you couldn't pay me to go there. Not because of payment issues, not because of the doctors there. But because of Amanda Blaylock the girl at the window is a dumb ignorant %&@#$.
me

Odessa, MO

#14 Feb 12, 2013
just me wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I went in with a stroke, they thought I was on drugs. I dont do drugs. I went home. They wouldnt do anything for me. The doc had to order an MRI the next day. Before that I went in for something totally different and they demanded to send me somewhere else for rapid heart beat that wasnt the problem of the moment. I was flown to columbia and with in an hour of being seen by a doc there, he said go home. we laughed. But if I had not had insurance I would have been in court. They are incompetent.
How about next time you're having a medical problem, just don't go there then? And don't call 911, because that's SMDH too. Just fix it yourself. I'm sure you're much more competent.
smedley butler

Sweet Springs, MO

#15 Feb 12, 2013
Sorry money 4 service, if I go to er bill comes out being. Twice as much. My Dr that I have a personal relationship with is who I needed to see.
I was going through withdrawal from cymbalta, that the VA in Columbia ran me out of.....
Always had good service at smdh, er works good.
Can't believe people pay for those MRI things before they go?????
Can't beloved people are heartless.
Anybody know where the mercy name came from??
Didn't know er could prescribe that long. Do I have to pay upfront at smdh
BMF

Washington, MO

#16 Feb 13, 2013
Mercy St. Louis. Went there, looked at my insurance card put in hospital for 5 days, got the bill they didn't technically admit until 48 hours later, so had to pay the $200 Emergency Room fee which was not waved because they claim they were evaluating before admittance. Another way for them to get $200 out of me since insurance is discounted so much. Watch this scam from them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor and Aldermen (Oct '16) 36 min mike 123
Racist Hollywood 3 hr lol 2
What the hell Mon Don 31
Salem's sexiest men ages 35-45 (Oct '16) Sun funny 17
Directions Sun Harry 7
All out diesel Sun Harry 12
The GOP is on a Roll, 5 to 0 vs. the democRATS ... Sun BigRob 100

Salem Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salem Mortgages