Duplexes on Gertrude Street

Duplexes on Gertrude Street

Posted in the Salem Forum

Tim

Windsor, MO

#1 Oct 29, 2012
1300 block of Gertrude Street is visited by the cops every week, sometimes multiple times a week. What is going on down there? I'm starting to think this isn't a good neighborhood for my family.
Who lives down there and what kinds of trouble are they causing?
Yup

Wentzville, MO

#2 Oct 29, 2012
Drugs, fights
Laura

Windsor, MO

#3 Nov 2, 2012
A bunch of young people are there. I lived in those duplexes over 20 years ago when the neighborhood was good. Moving wont help your family unless you move out of Salem all together.
Probably drugs. Lock your doors and get a guard dog.
Vicky

Salem, MO

#4 Nov 3, 2012
It's the welfare-disability clowns who have nothing to do and no purpose other than drinking from early morning until they are stupid drunk. Then the fights start, bring out the cages.Hold the landlords responsible and rezone Salem. Clear out the trash.
George

Salem, MO

#5 Nov 3, 2012
What are the other problem areas in Salem? Go to a city council meeting and complain about all of the areas. Take real action instead of running your mouth on a tashy gossip site, you might see some positive results. Give it a try and then post that.
two cents

United States

#6 Nov 3, 2012
Try contacting the landlord. If that doesn't work go to a city council meeting and complain, or the mayor.
Feel sorry for

United States

#7 Nov 4, 2012
I feel sorry for the homeowners on that street. The can't just rent another home somewhere. They are stuck.
Two Cents

United States

#8 Nov 4, 2012
What do you mean by rezone Salem? I can see where you could hold the landlord responsible but how can you rezone a town to keep people from renting an apartment or house?

Jefferson City, MO

#9 Nov 4, 2012
It's only one apt over there that has issues and its the Smith boys!
Three apartments

United States

#10 Nov 4, 2012
Three apartments--all hang out with each other.
huh

United States

#11 Nov 5, 2012
who?
Polly Want a Cracker

Windsor, MO

#12 Nov 11, 2012
huh wrote:
who?
brad and josh smith and scotty horn and andrea hutson and
November 2012

Windsor, MO

#13 Nov 11, 2012
Polly Want a Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>
brad and josh smith and scotty horn and andrea hutson and
You don't know as much as you think. Some of those people are there, and some are not.

The problem is there are innocent people who live on that street and have to deal with all the trouble. It doesn't matter who is causing the trouble. They will likely always cause truoble, so worrying about who they are will do no good.

The homeowners in the neigborhood, need to contact the landlord, each and every time there is a problem. Eventually with enough calls, that landlord is going to boot them out.

Everyone just hope they don't move in to your neighborhood!
Friend

Rolla, MO

#14 Nov 11, 2012
If i get my rent i could care less what my renters do.I could care less what you think of someone,i am sure someone dose not like you also.
November 2012

Windsor, MO

#15 Nov 11, 2012
If I was a slumlord with trashy property, I wouldn't care what my renters did to my property either.
Friend

Rolla, MO

#16 Nov 11, 2012
November 2012 wrote:
If I was a slumlord with trashy property, I wouldn't care what my renters did to my property either.
Sometimes it just dose not pay to fix stuff,let the people move,then fix it.If you have rental property you know what i am saying.In the last 7-8 years i bet i have put in 15-20 storm doors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Birthday party 1 hr best place is 2
Dorothy Schwartz get a hair cut! (Jun '10) Sat SWAT 4
Trump is scared of debating Bernie Sanders. Sat Rob 149
Who is kayla Howard pregnant by? Sat Sam 11
lynnzi grogan (Nov '14) Fri lady12334 9
who's the best drug dealer to buy from in town? Fri lkmvs 11
The world is surpassing us because of our anti-... Fri what's up today? 31
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salem Mortgages