2nd Amendment
Name

Morocco, IN

#42 Nov 21, 2012
They should if they call themselves American...
MOGunny

Belton, MO

#43 Nov 22, 2012
Name wrote:
They should if they call themselves American...
You say this, but yet the men who founded this country warned us in their words and writings to not become complacent and should always be wary of the government.
You have mistakenly thought that to be a good CITIZEN, you have to first be a good SUBJECT. When in fact the opposite is true.
Name

Morocco, IN

#44 Nov 22, 2012
Who said I was a subject? I just decided on who the president and what rules I wanna live under are. From my standpoint it seems like the people are pretty much in power still wouldn't ya say?
Hunter

Salem, MO

#45 Nov 22, 2012
MOGunny wrote:
<quoted text>
You say this, but yet the men who founded this country warned us in their words and writings to not become complacent and should always be wary of the government.
You have mistakenly thought that to be a good CITIZEN, you have to first be a good SUBJECT. When in fact the opposite is true.
So you are saying if the government that we who are less intelligent than you elected is not to your liking then you take your automatic weapons with the high capacity "clips" and try to overthrough it.
MOGunny

Belton, MO

#46 Nov 23, 2012
Hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying if the government that we who are less intelligent than you elected is not to your liking then you take your automatic weapons with the high capacity "clips" and try to overthrough it.
Define, "overthrough".
Again they are magazines. If your going to try to discuss a subject, you should at lest try to educate yourself a little about it.
jeremy

Warrensburg, MO

#48 Nov 23, 2012
UH1D wrote:
I don't know what he has done personally, but his home state of Illinois has ridiculous gun laws. You have to have a FOID card and in Chicago it is illegal to own a hand gun. I would suspect he had something to do with that.
uhh the F.O.I.D card has been around since i was a late teen i grew up in ill, N im 40yr now.
he didnt do that one.
and no i don't like he is in office. but o well nothing to do but grin and bear it.
later i dint want to start no shit, just wanted to say that about the FOID card.
Hunter

Salem, MO

#49 Nov 24, 2012
MOGunny wrote:
<quoted text>
Define, "overthrough".
Again they are magazines. If your going to try to discuss a subject, you should at lest try to educate yourself a little about it.
"Overthrow", sorry I did not mean to give you an easy way to dodge the question. I'm not as bright as you think you are at lest I don't think I am.
Name

Highlandville, MO

#50 Nov 25, 2012
Hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
"Overthrow", sorry I did not mean to give you an easy way to dodge the question. I'm not as bright as you think you are at lest I don't think I am.
I LOVE BEING A GRAMMAR NAZI!!! Define "lest". You've used that one 2x now.
Hunter

Salem, MO

#51 Nov 25, 2012
Name wrote:
<quoted text>
I LOVE BEING A GRAMMAR NAZI!!! Define "lest". You've used that one 2x now.
No, Mo Gunny used lest, I was making fun of him, same with clip.
American

Jefferson City, MO

#52 Dec 10, 2012
In Wisconsin alone there are enough deer hunters (600 thousand) to make the 8th largest army in the world. If you count all the deer hunters in the U.S. it would be the largest army in the world.
Right

United States

#53 Dec 10, 2012
Hunter is a moron. There are many million gun owners in America and the government will never kill the second ammendment.
What I think

Rolla, MO

#54 Dec 11, 2012
Just because some might abuse this, it doesn't mean everyone should have their rights taken away. do you honestly think that the person who is going to murder someone is not going to get a weapon some way? They will get it from the black market. I know they will say,"Oh no. I can't commit murder now because they have gun laws in place." Pa-lease!
Right

United States

#55 Dec 11, 2012
What I think, You don't need a gun to kill someone, You can stab them to death, choke them and find a hundred other ways to kill someone. A gun has nothing to do with killing someone.
Hunter

Torrington, WY

#57 Dec 11, 2012
Right wrote:
What I think, You don't need a gun to kill someone, You can stab them to death, choke them and find a hundred other ways to kill someone. A gun has nothing to do with killing someone.
It would have been difficult to choke a dozen people to death in that Colorado theater. There is nothing wrong with owning firearms, people just don't need high capacity "clips" and Kevlar piercing ammunition.

I am sure I will be corrected about the use of clip and not magazine. A clip is detachable allowing for rapid reloading whereas a magazine is not always detachable. It is the ability to fire 10 - 50 rounds then change in seconds and be fully reloaded that I am talking about. Call them clips, drums, detachable and interchangeable magazines or whatever you want, but they are not needed for hunting or against a home invasion either.
MOGunny

Belton, MO

#58 Dec 11, 2012
Hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
It would have been difficult to choke a dozen people to death in that Colorado theater. There is nothing wrong with owning firearms, people just don't need high capacity "clips" and Kevlar piercing ammunition.
I am sure I will be corrected about the use of clip and not magazine. A clip is detachable allowing for rapid reloading whereas a magazine is not always detachable. It is the ability to fire 10 - 50 rounds then change in seconds and be fully reloaded that I am talking about. Call them clips, drums, detachable and interchangeable magazines or whatever you want, but they are not needed for hunting or against a home invasion either.
Clips, magazines. You still have it wrong. Don't try to explain the part of a firearm, if you do not know yourself. You just confuse people.
And your still thinking the purpose of the 2nd is for hunting or self defense. Study the writings of T. Jefferson, J. Adams, S. Adams, B. Franklin, among others.
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin 1775.
Hunter

Salem, MO

#59 Dec 11, 2012
MOGunny wrote:
<quoted text>
Clips, magazines. You still have it wrong. Don't try to explain the part of a firearm, if you do not know yourself. You just confuse people.
And your still thinking the purpose of the 2nd is for hunting or self defense. Study the writings of T. Jefferson, J. Adams, S. Adams, B. Franklin, among others.
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve
neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin 1775.
I think you talk a good talk but know nothing outside what you read in Guns and Ammo. You don't seem to know much about the founders either other than to pull a quote or two out of the NRA propaganda used out of context.
Derp

Stroud, OK

#60 Dec 11, 2012
Hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
It would have been difficult to choke a dozen people to death in that Colorado theater. There is nothing wrong with owning firearms, people just don't need high capacity "clips" and Kevlar piercing ammunition.
I am sure I will be corrected about the use of clip and not magazine. A clip is detachable allowing for rapid reloading whereas a magazine is not always detachable. It is the ability to fire 10 - 50 rounds then change in seconds and be fully reloaded that I am talking about. Call them clips, drums, detachable and interchangeable magazines or whatever you want, but they are not needed for hunting or against a home invasion either.
Choke people? He could have killed many more with a couple gallons of gasoline. Should we ban internal combustion engines?
MOGunny

Belton, MO

#61 Dec 11, 2012
Hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you talk a good talk but know nothing outside what you read in Guns and Ammo. You don't seem to know much about the founders either other than to pull a quote or two out of the NRA propaganda used out of context.
Let's assume for a moment that I know nothing of the founders and the their thoughts behind the "Bill of Rights".
Suppose YOU tell me what their thoughts and reasons why , oh let us say the 1st and 2nd amendments to our constitution was included, and said to be "God given" rights as are the other 8. And then back up your theories with proven documentation from their personal writings.
It is not hard to see. All you have to do is just read the "Bill of Rights" and you should be able to tell WHO they were trying to protect from WHOM.
You tell me how much time you need. I'll check back.
Just Me

Belton, MO

#62 Dec 11, 2012
Kyle W wrote:
The FOID card is actually a decent idea since felons are not allowed weapons in the first place.
You can own handguns in Chicago, but its restricted to people who have had training with them, and I don't believe there's an issue for that.
Wrong and wrong. Just like liberals, talking about things you know nothing about. There are places in Chicago where you can't even shoot someone with a pistol if they come in YOUR house armed. If you do you will be arrested. There was a case just last year about this. And for all you numnuts that keep saying he isn't going to or he didn't...well, news flash, they TRIED!! Rahm and Holder were both trying to get some really wacko bills on the floor but they failed. And remember, Obamanation put those two in office. He hates guns in the hands of the people and if gets a chance he will use it. That is what the UN thing is all about but I am sure you liberals will have the typical answer for that one as well.
MOGunny

Belton, MO

#63 Dec 12, 2012
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong and wrong. Just like liberals, talking about things you know nothing about. There are places in Chicago where you can't even shoot someone with a pistol if they come in YOUR house armed. If you do you will be arrested. There was a case just last year about this. And for all you numnuts that keep saying he isn't going to or he didn't...well, news flash, they TRIED!! Rahm and Holder were both trying to get some really wacko bills on the floor but they failed. And remember, Obamanation put those two in office. He hates guns in the hands of the people and if gets a chance he will use it. That is what the UN thing is all about but I am sure you liberals will have the typical answer for that one as well.
I agree the FOID is BS.
But on the good side yesterday was monumental for Illinois citizens who actually are interested in trying to get back some of their 2nd amendment rights. FINALLY.
http://news.yahoo.com/court-strikes-...175533...

The legislature only has 180 days. hahahahah

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor and Aldermen (Oct '16) 16 hr what's up today? 200
Rural Internet Sun Dan 9
jeff mcelfresh (Apr '12) Sat Salen 17
Kenny Nash (Oct '13) Oct 14 John 163
Nancy Wisdom??? Oct 13 Ghost Client 6
Trump thinks NAZIS are "fine people"? Oct 13 TrumpIsRight 33
News Phineas, dog involved in child bite case, disap... (Oct '13) Oct 13 PhineasIsDead 85

Salem Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salem Mortgages