Next Last
Curious

United States

#1 Oct 2, 2012
Good place to send your kid?
Mom

Salem, MO

#2 Oct 2, 2012
This is an excellent place. They are open until 6:30 p.m. They are open most holidays and when school is out for snow. If your child is in pre-school she has a wonderful program to make sure they are ready to start school.

My child has attended for over a year and I have absolutely no complaints.
another mom

United States

#3 Oct 2, 2012
My kids go there.....Excellent employees! High school girls that r
Great, and some older.
scaredmomma

Salem, MO

#4 Oct 2, 2012
I personally won't be sending my child there. They may be amazing people but really a flimsy chain link fence that's only a few feet from the side of a major road. What happens if there's an accident or someone's tire blows out while driving by? I'm not trying to start trouble I just couldn't feel safe thinking my child was playing on that playground.
Yikes

Salem, MO

#5 Oct 2, 2012
scaredmomma wrote:
I personally won't be sending my child there. They may be amazing people but really a flimsy chain link fence that's only a few feet from the side of a major road. What happens if there's an accident or someone's tire blows out while driving by? I'm not trying to start trouble I just couldn't feel safe thinking my child was playing on that playground.
Good point!
RPD

Rolla, MO

#6 Oct 2, 2012
LOL,your tire could blow out on your way there.Danger is every where you go,maybe you need to give up your home and car and go live in a cave.Not trying to be mean...go underground .
Eric

United States

#7 Oct 3, 2012
A person could blow a tire out driving past the library past William Lynnch and go.through s fence and hit your kid
agree

Warrensburg, MO

#8 Oct 3, 2012
I agree with scaredmomma. It's just to close to the road for me also. Sure accidents can happen anywhere, but I personally wont put my kid in a position where the risk is higher. I feel it is higher risk because it is a high traffic area, right on the road, with no barriers at all.
Eric

United States

#9 Oct 3, 2012
1. Get life insurance policy on your kid.
2. Put him/her in this learning center
3.wait for an accident
4. Profit...
Yikes

United States

#10 Oct 3, 2012
Eric wrote:
1. Get life insurance policy on your kid.
2. Put him/her in this learning center
3.wait for an accident
4. Profit...
You're a sick person. Every forum you post on, it's clear you think you're hilarious. Sorry dear, but you aren't. Joking about children being killed in an accident? Wow, funny guy must be low on material...
Yikes

United States

#11 Oct 3, 2012
To me that place just doesn't look safe not only because of it being right on the road, but because it seems like it would be easy for child predators to watch the children without being noticed. Maybe nothing will ever happen, but for me as a parent the thought of my toddler playing 10 feet from the road with nothing separating them and the cars but a chain link fence makes my stomach turn. If some dumb teenager texting were to take their eyes off the road, they could mow down a handful of kids. The same cannot be said for playgrounds at schools, parks, or other daycare centers.
Eric

United States

#12 Oct 3, 2012
Yikes wrote:
To me that place just doesn't look safe not only because of it being right on the road, but because it seems like it would be easy for child predators to watch the children without being noticed. Maybe nothing will ever happen, but for me as a parent the thought of my toddler playing 10 feet from the road with nothing separating them and the cars but a chain link fence makes my stomach turn. If some dumb teenager texting were to take their eyes off the road, they could mow down a handful of kids. The same cannot be said for playgrounds at schools, parks, or other daycare centers.
The guy at A&M Geist Resale is a chomo. and thats a fact
scaredmomma

Salem, MO

#13 Oct 3, 2012
Sure my tire could blow out with my child in my car or I could be involved in an accident but I would much rather them be inside my car in a carseat than on the side of the road being hit by a vehicle. I'm sorry but it takes very little common sense to figure out that they would be much safer inside the car in a carseat than being hit by a car on the side of the street. I mean come on they couldn't even put up a few concrete barriers. I personally could never forgive myself if my child went there and something happened to them. I'm sure any other loving, responsible parent would feel the same way. We are made to feel the need to protect our children.
Richard

Rolla, MO

#14 Oct 3, 2012
In right at 100 years the building has been hit 3 times ,that i know of two times someone was pulling in the garage and scraped their car (same person),and the other someone from Dent Brothers was backing out and hit the side of the building.Not bad in 100 years.The speed limit is 20mph but most do 30 on the highway.I would say this place is much safer than Wal-Mart or Country Mart.It is located close by police and fire if it where ever needed.But best bet is to have family wach your kid(s).
Curious

United States

#15 Oct 3, 2012
Yikes.. any place you would recommend?
Richard

Rolla, MO

#16 Oct 3, 2012
Not in salem unless maybe a church,but you got to be careful there also.I moved from salem a few years ago so i dont really know about any new ones.The 3 i used over the years quit waching kids,got to old.
curious

Salem, MO

#17 Oct 3, 2012
Is this place hiring?
humm

Salem, MO

#18 Oct 4, 2012
Good care for your childredn, which is hard to find, or be scared your child will get hit by a car ( which you have just as much chance of being in a car accient yourself that could harm your child more) I think I will take my chances. People in this town really do try to find something wrong with everything and post it on topix. If you don't like the place, don't send your children there. What ever happened to talking to people about things? Why is i always a gossip sit??
Yikes

United States

#19 Oct 4, 2012
I don't think for a second that there is anything wrong with the care given at the facility, I wouldn't know... I'm just saying that the location of the outdoor play area strikes me as potentially unsafe. That is all. Not trying to bash any business, just pointing out the facts.
scaredmomma

Salem, MO

#20 Oct 4, 2012
Actually I didn't start the thread if you look back. I have as much right to voice my opinion on this site as you do. I'm not questioning the care given or bashing the place just giving my thoughts on the location. I don't really find it to be gossiping. Go ahead and send your kid there I could care less. I'm just telling everyone why I won't send mine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what is going on downtown today 18 min Question 3
Salem is the Worst Town I've Seen 2 hr james 10
hubbs tire will not honor there tires 14 hr Shelly 23
Angie Schafer 15 hr Want 3
Onama pays the media to lie!!! 17 hr Rob 55
Agent Crouch Back in Salem! (Jan '16) 18 hr Iknow 4
Bling 20 hr he moved out 9

Salem Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance