Greatday

Salem, MO

#29 Sep 6, 2012
All the staff that wanted to stay working with the new management are still there.
good

Salem, MO

#30 Sep 6, 2012
I'm sure the'll do fine
regular

Salem, MO

#31 Sep 6, 2012
The roadhouse is a great place to come relax eat a wonderfully cooked meal and visit. The atmosphere is much better now that Martin is gone. The waitresses and bartenders are so nice and are always smiling. I encourage everybody to come by and visit the roadhouse now.
wrong

United States

#32 Sep 8, 2012
Went there for dinner last night . 5 of us. The food was great and the service was great. Had steaks and prime rib. The best place around. The service was fast and the food came out quickly and perfect.. Thanks roadhouse. We will be back.
tunes

United States

#33 Sep 11, 2012
Yep sounds like a great bar!!! NOT!!!! Turning music down!!! And watching the news!!! yep that's either a bar or an old folks home!!!!
FYI

Warsaw, MO

#34 Sep 11, 2012
Personaly when I go out to eat a nice meal with friends, I do not want the music so loud that you have to scream just to have a conversation. Maybe the new owners want to make it more of a eating place and less a drunk place. I took my family in there a few months ago and had to listen to a bunch of smart mouths drunks flying off with the F-Bomb over and over screaming across the dinning area, What did Martain H do NOTHING. I said then I would not be back. But I will give the new owners a chance. Maybe he will make it a nicer place to go...
unknown

Salem, MO

#35 Sep 11, 2012
I know for a fact that the roadhouse is improved alot. It smells enter looks better and has a friendly staff. They like to laugh and have fun. Heard they have been new things to bring new people out which I think is a great idea. They gave the best steak ever. I can't say one thing bad about the roadhouse. It's my bar and will only go there to spend my money.
lmao

United States

#36 Sep 11, 2012
Good for you unknown. Make sure you get your senior citizen discount!
weekender

Saint Louis, MO

#37 Sep 11, 2012
tunes wrote:
Yep sounds like a great bar!!! NOT!!!! Turning music down!!! And watching the news!!! yep that's either a bar or an old folks home!!!!
We have a place close to Salem and come down every couple of weeks. We went to the Roadhouse twice last weekend, once for lunch and once for dinner. At lunch there was a news crawl on the TV and also sports and at night it was the MIZZOU game. That's not uncommon. The music was lower for the dinner crowd and then the volume went up for the night crowd also not uncommon. There are a couple of bars here in the city that are a great, comfortable lunch place and family friendly with Sports on and a happy hour and then after 8:30 or 9 turn in to a 'great bar' with music, etc...loads of fun for every type of person.

Don't knock others down, go see for yourself with open eyes and an open mind. Don't take the opinion of others. Give it and them a chance before you spew your negativity around. If you don't like it then fine, there are other places for you to go in Salem...or it looks like you live in IL, just stay there then and find your own 'great bar'.
Casanova

United States

#38 Sep 12, 2012
What is the chance of picking up drunk chicks now?
wrong

United States

#39 Sep 13, 2012
Hey tunes, Maybe you should go to stLouis and find a juice bar, or go to a concert. Are you old enough to drink? It is after 9 and I hear your mommy calling you.
The Eye

Salem, MO

#40 Sep 13, 2012
Surviving in a business in Salem is tough as the smiles are phony as the residents face you and they reach for your wallet. They would drive 25 miles to save .25 on an item and not even consider the gas prices. That is why most of the High School graduates leave and don't come back here. I hope the new people make it.
enjoyed it

United States

#41 Sep 15, 2012
My husband and I went to eat there last night. The same cooks are still there so the food is still just as good. They weren't that busy last night. It was a very nice quiet meal. My husband likes it when it is quiet. We really enjoyed the meal as always.
how it be

United States

#42 Oct 29, 2012
Yes, if you want good food and a nice quiet place to eat, go to the Roadhouse. Now if you want some good food and to be able to have a good time with more of a party crowd go to the horseshoe. Fun is against the rules with the new regime at the Roadhouse.
Meep

United States

#43 Oct 30, 2012
I'd say if that guy keeps running it the way he is, there will be new owners again very quickly cuz he's gonna run it into the ground.
steven

United States

#44 Nov 23, 2012
Why was nobody at the roadhouse over thanksgiving break??
lol

Salem, MO

#45 Nov 23, 2012
cause it sucks.
Steve

Rolla, MO

#46 Nov 25, 2012
Somebody needs to burn the place to the ground, before someone else gets killed out there
Right

United States

#47 Dec 8, 2012
Was at the Roadhouse tonight and had Ribeye steak, As far as I am concerned it is the best place in the area to eat. Salad was great and the steak was delicious. Great service and price. Will be there on a regular basis. You can complain and try to degrade the place all you want but the food is excellent.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#48 Dec 8, 2012
Steve wrote:
Somebody needs to burn the place to the ground, before someone else gets killed out there
Who is this Steve??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good relationship counseling/counselor ? 19 min Angela K 3
salem baby 1 hr just shut up 3
Hot blonde at dollar general 4 hr TheTailor 3
Camm Seay 8 hr dem 11
Baltimore 15 hr Name 12
zach geary (Feb '13) Sun tiffany 8
Jordan Davis Sun FYI 1
More from around the web

Salem People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE