Peacefully grant the State of Missour...

Peacefully grant the State of Missouri to withdraw from the USA

Posted in the Salem Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Honesty Counts

Jefferson City, MO

#1 Nov 13, 2012
Peacefully grant the State of Missouri to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government.
As the founding fathers of the United States of America made clear in the Declaration of Independence in 1776:
"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."
"...Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and institute new Government..."
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/pea...
Share this article.
Uncle Tom

Salem, MO

#2 Nov 13, 2012
Well ya'll got a Black president again and it's juss killin ya . 4 more years really gonna do ya in rich guy? Pull up yur britches and git oer it.
open your eyes

Salem, MO

#3 Nov 13, 2012
Uncle Tom wrote:
Well ya'll got a Black president again and it's juss killin ya . 4 more years really gonna do ya in rich guy? Pull up yur britches and git oer it.
I'm not rich u f*cking pr*ck I work 48 hrs a week 4 on 4 off swing shift.I live paycheck to paycheck ,with my wife losing her job because of a cut back.Filed bankruptcy.Lost everything.Four more years of this sh*t, we'll being living under f*cking a bridge. I work to support your lazy welfare ass. I don't give a sh*t what color his skin is.U f*cking blind dumocrates will ruin this country with your ignorant and arrogant attitudes.The election is over get off your high f*cking horse and get a job loser!!
pinkphlox

Salem, MO

#4 Nov 13, 2012
He is not BLACK
yep

Salem, MO

#5 Nov 13, 2012
The south will rise again!
open your eyes

Salem, MO

#6 Nov 13, 2012
yep wrote:
The south will rise again!
Hell yea!!!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#7 Nov 14, 2012
The majority of missourians did not vote for Obumma. The funny part is that no state that had voter ID laws(missouri) were won by Obumma. Something stinks in our government
Name

United States

#8 Nov 14, 2012
I actually LOL'd at this. There's a petition filed for every state now. The majority of Americans voted for him. How many sore losers will show up?
As for a legitimate argument, let's say it did happen. What would you do with the gap we gave with federal funding? Where would you get any energy to run a new country?*spoiler alert* you wouldn't.
Name

United States

#9 Nov 14, 2012
I'll comment about the voter id thing too... please, how many people have been persecuted for voter fraud? Everywhere I read its rediculusly low... don't we have enough problem just getting people to vote in the first place?
NTjr

Jefferson City, MO

#10 Nov 15, 2012
Missouri wouldnt make it , without the government entitlements . Too many people on welfare depends on it . The State doesnt have the money to support welfare , Hud , medicare and schooling for thoses not working . The ones who are working , would be strained to carry the load . This wont work , so need to think of a better plan. Dont ya just hate the wasteful spending in our governnment , instead of takeing care of our own , we send millions to foreign countries , that aernt even our friends. We give millions to businesses , that folds within a year and runs off with the money . While you keep your eyes on the ball , the real issues goes unanswered . Someone asked me what was the good things Obama did , the first 4 years , Im thinking
Constitution

Hardin, MO

#11 Nov 15, 2012
NTjr wrote:
Missouri wouldnt make it , without the government entitlements . Too many people on welfare depends on it . The State doesnt have the money to support welfare , Hud , medicare and schooling for thoses not working . The ones who are working , would be strained to carry the load . This wont work , so need to think of a better plan. Dont ya just hate the wasteful spending in our governnment , instead of takeing care of our own , we send millions to foreign countries , that aernt even our friends. We give millions to businesses , that folds within a year and runs off with the money . While you keep your eyes on the ball , the real issues goes unanswered . Someone asked me what was the good things Obama did , the first 4 years , Im thinking
Wasteful spending! That is one of the biggest issues that neither candidate had a significant plan to correct. The amount of money the US spends on foreign military bases and aid to foreign countries is ridiculous! It is not our responsibility to be the world police!
cyclone

Salem, MO

#12 Nov 15, 2012
He's not black!!! And we could
Make it. We have cows and farms and springs and rivers. We have trees. We could figure out the power supply. I'm sure a foreign country like America who makes nothing of their own would love to sell us theirs!
Name

Des Moines, IA

#13 Nov 15, 2012
cyclone wrote:
He's not black!!! And we could
Make it. We have cows and farms and springs and rivers. We have trees. We could figure out the power supply. I'm sure a foreign country like America who makes nothing of their own would love to sell us theirs!

How many vehicle production plants are in missouri? Where would our gas come from? how much could we export to cover our cost? Would you still consider keeping the federal US dollar? how would we protect out borders? Just a few questions I thought of during my time reading this.
you are off base

United States

#14 Nov 15, 2012
The majority of Missourians did not vote at all. The population of Missouri is a little over 6 million people. There were 2,744,963 total Missouri votes for all of the presidential candidates. Romney got 1,478,976; Obama got 1,215,043; and the remaining votes went to the other two candidates.
STUPIDOBAMA

Harrisonville, MO

#15 Nov 15, 2012
Uncle Tom wrote:
ya let that pos take us down ,any dumb black person would take anything thats that color cause now you thonk you got someone thats got your back..WAKE UP he don't have NOBODIES BACK!! and only the smart black ppl see what he really is!!!

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#16 Nov 16, 2012
Well, I just hope that when it happens(which it won't) MO has enough money to make it when it loses mostly all of the government benefits. I think people just might be ceceding to another state.
dontforgetthepas t

Salem, MO

#17 Nov 16, 2012
I think that at this point it doesn't matter who is in office nothing will get fixed unless remember things from our past that have helped us to move forward. During the Great Depression the president passed a law that temporarily froze the increase of pricing on certain items, bread milk , gas etc. It's going to take something like to fix things. It's going to take a person that is going to think "out if the box" before we will ever be able to move forward.
hmm

Salem, MO

#18 Nov 17, 2012
dontforgetthepast wrote:
I think that at this point it doesn't matter who is in office nothing will get fixed unless remember things from our past that have helped us to move forward. During the Great Depression the president passed a law that temporarily froze the increase of pricing on certain items, bread milk , gas etc. It's going to take something like to fix things. It's going to take a person that is going to think "out if the box" before we will ever be able to move forward.
I agree 110%
anonymous

United States

#19 Nov 18, 2012
It really is nice seeing just how patriotically some of us are, I wonder how many of you were flag-waving war-mongers bullying anyone who dared question the neo-cons with slanders that they hate America, now look at you! Fair-weather patriotism at it's hypocritical best!
iLoveAmerica!

United States

#20 Nov 18, 2012
If you idiots got anywhere with this ridiculous project, STL, Kansas City, and Columbia would secede from Missouri and stay in the union, so your would-be homeland would be a bunch of backwoods with no industry and no human capital.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alderwoman Molly (Sep '15) 1 hr what's up today? 100
The Moores (Aug '15) 1 hr No one knows 19
Joyce White Whitlock 1 hr Sure 2
Piss off about the judge at the court house she... (Dec '14) 9 hr What_the_hell 22
4th street furniture & antiques 13 hr My other brother ... 130
Salem is the Worst Town I've Seen 22 hr what's up today? 26
Agent Crouch Back in Salem! (Jan '16) Sat Agent Crouch 9

Salem Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salem Mortgages