Next Last

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#1 Nov 12, 2012
Thoughts?
Name

United States

#2 Nov 12, 2012
Someone needs to call the WAhhhmbulance.
Rob

United States

#3 Nov 12, 2012
A little misleading, the states aren't filing only unhappy people from 15 states. If Perry from Texas signed off it would be interesting though. Texas would be the only state I believe would have a legitimate case since they joined as a sovereign nation by treaty.
Name

United States

#4 Nov 12, 2012
Who would really want to honestly. Anyone who did at this point would be hard pressed on maintaining what they have. Plus kind of a dick move since every state has a bunch of federal funded crap in them.
STUPIDOBAMA

Jefferson City, MO

#5 Nov 13, 2012
obamas trash!!!
herb

United States

#6 Nov 13, 2012
Actually, last I looked it was 22 states.
anonymous

United States

#7 Nov 13, 2012
Name wrote:
Someone needs to call the WAhhhmbulance.
Order them up a WAAAAHmburger and some French-cries!
SOA

Washington, DC

#8 Nov 13, 2012
No matter how much we'd like it to work.. we all know it wont with the oligarichal leviathon that is D.C. and who(m) are and will remain our masters... but IMO its some folks saying.. hey.. we've had enough.. you're on notice.. resistance to tyrrany of any sort and rugged individualisim is very american...
need

Osceola, MO

#9 Nov 13, 2012
Get a life! Go ahead and secede and see who will pay your welfare and ssi checks!!!!!!! I don't feel you deserve these priviledges anyway but who will pay you to sit on your ass now!!!!!!! Sore losers!!!!!!!!!!
Constitution

Warrensburg, MO

#10 Nov 13, 2012
People need to learn about the militia movement. The media tries to make all members of the militia groups look like radical extremists. If our government gets far enough out of control, we as American citizens have a right to overthrow it.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#11 Nov 13, 2012
I'm kinda confused, I thought the 47% of America who Romney called dependent on government tit all voted for Obama? Are they now republican?
SOA

Washington, DC

#12 Nov 13, 2012
need wrote:
Get a life! Go ahead and secede and see who will pay your welfare and ssi checks!!!!!!! I don't feel you deserve these priviledges anyway but who will pay you to sit on your ass now!!!!!!! Sore losers!!!!!!!!!!
Uhm... what? I for one dont receive any welfare or SSI.. but I as well as many here and elsewhere sure do PAY IN enough to support these programs.. and have been doing so for decades if not longer..

You dont feel.. we deserve ...these priviledges? hmmmm.. it isnt a priviledge or even less so a RIGHT in the first damn place.. for these services or access to them.. UNLESS you have paid into them and on rare occassions (job loss serious life changing event [welfare] retirement [SSI] etc) do you access them..

Moreover, it us "sore losers" who DO work and pay into them in the first place.. and last I checked I dont sit on my duff too much.. esp. while im AT WORK...

It is time for a change..

idiot
SOA

Washington, DC

#13 Nov 13, 2012
need wrote:
However, in addendum to my first reply.. those to programs along with a HUGE host of others are and have been compromised, undermined and illegally accessed by any and all who think they have "right" to it..

thats why they are unaffordable, unsustainable and are becoming insolvent.. and are one of the reasons why this country has failed and we are going under..

Location hidden

#14 Nov 13, 2012
SOA, you and I seem to agree, as well as anyone else with at least one eye open, that our country is deep trouble. There are plenty of fingers to point at who did what and when, and honestly both sides share the blame in my opinion with the common thread being simple greed. My question is, do you have any ideas that could possibly become a grass roots campaign to help our country?
ted

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Nov 13, 2012
If they want a country with no government they can move to Somalia. I saw all of you idiots signing this thing can move to Texas and start your own country. We will build a fence around your ass and in 15 years the Mexicans will take you over. You see, they come to this country to work not sit around in their easy chair and complain about elections.
Honesty Counts

Pleasant Hill, MO

#16 Nov 13, 2012
Now up to 22 and Missouri is one of them.

Peacefully grant the State of Missouri to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government.

As the founding fathers of the United States of America made clear in the Declaration of Independence in 1776:

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

"...Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and institute new Government..."
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/pea...

Share this if you support it.

Location hidden

#17 Nov 13, 2012
ted wrote:
If they want a country with no government they can move to Somalia. I saw all of you idiots signing this thing can move to Texas and start your own country. We will build a fence around your ass and in 15 years the Mexicans will take you over. You see, they come to this country to work not sit around in their easy chair and complain about elections.
Ted, you're kind of a dufus. The people bitching aren't the easy chair crowd, they won the election in their eyes, the entitlements are going to keep on coming for a while longer now. Those who are upset are the stiffs who work for a living to pay those entitlements. Now if they are right about where the country is headed in this present direction or not is the real debate. Personally I have worked with Mexicans in the south before, and I agree with you, they do come here to work and are good people, i would rather bunk with them than the easy chair crowd any day.
anonymous

United States

#18 Nov 13, 2012
Petitions posted to the Internet are not "states requesting to secede" they're some whiny busybodies on the Internet.
question

United States

#19 Nov 13, 2012
...and then what? LOL!
ted

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Nov 13, 2012
salem guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted, you're kind of a dufus. The people bitching aren't the easy chair crowd, they won the election in their eyes, the entitlements are going to keep on coming for a while longer now. Those who are upset are the stiffs who work for a living to pay those entitlements. Now if they are right about where the country is headed in this present direction or not is the real debate. Personally I have worked with Mexicans in the south before, and I agree with you, they do come here to work and are good people, i would rather bunk with them than the easy chair crowd any day.
Perhaps, but I would argue this country has been headed in the wrong direction mainly due to excessive governmetn spending for about 20 years. It didn't just start.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Parks Department is a total JOKE!. 8 hr Steve t 15
water dept. circus 14 hr I care 15
The "rebel flag" 15 hr Patriot 63
8 UP INK in Salem (Jul '12) Thu Suck 82
Eligible bachelors Thu tara 39
Propane Prices Thu Reason 2
An abundance of houses for sale in hwy 32E Thu Alabaster 3
More from around the web

Salem People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE