Red Barn BBQ
RAMBO

Salem, MO

#21 May 31, 2012
THERE PRICES ARE TO HIGH AND YOU GET VERY LITTLE FOOD, AND COUNTRY MART HAS BETTER FISH
wildcat

United States

#22 May 31, 2012
Do they have more than one cook? The food will be good one time and not hardly edible the next. I gave up on them when they where out by breaktime. I'd love to have good barbeque in town though.
Stupid

Chicago, IL

#23 May 31, 2012
Why would a restaurant only be open a few days a week? That's just stupid. No wonder all of the businesses around here suffer. No one wants to stay open!
Portabella and swiss brgr

Jefferson City, MO

#24 May 31, 2012
Stupid wrote:
Why would a restaurant only be open a few days a week? That's just stupid. No wonder all of the businesses around here suffer. No one wants to stay open!
Have you ever tried to run a restaurant? It's just a small operation trying to turn a profit. There are many people who like it and patronize them when they are open. I've eaten there several times and have always left satisfied. Good people, good food, good prices. Go Red barn!
Stupid

Chicago, IL

#25 May 31, 2012
Portabella and swiss brgr wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever tried to run a restaurant? It's just a small operation trying to turn a profit. There are many people who like it and patronize them when they are open. I've eaten there several times and have always left satisfied. Good people, good food, good prices. Go Red barn!
No I have not owned a restaurant, but even I'm smart enough to know that if you want to be closed half the week and on weekends, the restaurant business isn't for you.
Emmy

Jefferson City, MO

#26 May 31, 2012
Red Barn is AMAZING. I wish I could eat it all day every day but I would gain 2000 lbs. Might be worth it though. It's seriously our favorite place in town to eat.
ladonna

Salem, MO

#27 May 31, 2012
they really suck, they need more food on the plate for what they charge, what a rip off
patron

Jefferson City, MO

#28 May 31, 2012
I eat there all the time their food is awesome, there's more than enough food on plate. Prices are good. Some people want everything for nothing. It's very clean, help is neat and kind. I eat there today, it was great.Been in food business all my life, no matter how hard you try you. Some people you can't please no matter what.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#29 May 31, 2012
Curious wrote:
Has anyone eaten at the Red Barn BBQ? How is the BBQ? Are the prices reasonable?
The Red Barn BBQ is AMAZING! Very loyal, and kind workers. Seriously addicted to their Fish Friday! The Mac n Cheese is wonderful! I think they are planning on expanding their hours, but they would need more patrons to do so. Support local business! I can only say great things about The Red Barn and all of its workers! Woohoo Red Barn!
rbf

Jefferson City, MO

#30 May 31, 2012
Go red barn ! U have the best food in town!!!!!!! Love it , I can wait til we'd thurs and fri to eat out! Fish Friday is awesome, and it's always made fresh
jimmy

Salem, MO

#31 Jun 1, 2012
that place is a rip off, they charge to much, you could go get a big steak somewhere for what they charge for a little plate of food
Tried it

Chicago, IL

#32 Jun 1, 2012
Their food isn't even that good. Not that hard to serve sides out of a tub, and the BBQ itself is nothing to write home about. The portions are small. All in all, I've had much better many times. Typical Salem restaurant.
smo

Jefferson City, MO

#33 Jun 1, 2012
Shows what u know!!!! That food is all fresh NO tubs used,
jimmy

Salem, MO

#34 Jun 2, 2012
they buy all there food at country mart
patron

Jefferson City, MO

#35 Jun 2, 2012
They only get certain things a Country Mart, food comes in on a truck. Their food isn't out of tubs, she makes her slaw, mac & cheese, and her baked beans, from scratch. There is a lady that makes her desserts. Sherry is a good hard working person. Very neat and clean. So why don't you leave the Red Barn alone, and mind your own business. If you don't like it don't go, but don't get on here and talk about her.
Tried it

Salem, MO

#36 Jun 2, 2012
Ok, I'm sorry, the food doesn't come out of tubs, it just taste like it.
Naya

Haslet, TX

#37 Jun 5, 2012
It is good!!!!
alisha
#38 Jun 5, 2012
i allways wnated to eat there.
friend

Warrensburg, MO

#39 Nov 16, 2012
nope not any more they r open wendsday,thursday,friday,and sunday!!!
Aunt Jemima

United States

#40 Nov 18, 2012
I've got to try their fish, I'm so tired of these damn pancakes!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Melvin arganbright? 22 min HeAlwaysWatches 7
Loser kieth 8 hr OJ Simpson 4
all out diesel scam! 12 hr timmy 7
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Missouri (... (Oct '10) 20 hr Farts 1,079
good auction 21 hr R and R 35
Places hiring in salem?? 22 hr ha! 3
Mayor and Aldermen (Oct '16) Wed mike 186

Salem Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salem Mortgages