First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 12

Lebanon, MO

#1 Aug 30, 2012
I need to have brakes installed and drums turned.Where is the best place to go that is honest and is reasonable on prices? I'm new to the area,thanks.
Eric

United States

#2 Aug 30, 2012
Salem Muffler and Allingment. 2nd choice would be Dewaynes Tire. Knight is about 3 times more and a rip off. Jamie Schwartz is a theif.

Lebanon, MO

#3 Aug 30, 2012
Eric wrote:
Salem Muffler and Allingment. 2nd choice would be Dewaynes Tire. Knight is about 3 times more and a rip off. Jamie Schwartz is a theif.
That's where I was probably going to go, thanks for the advice.
mack

Salem, MO

#4 Aug 30, 2012
go to bandit motorsports over on dilworth st. cheapest in town and does great work.
Larry

Columbia, MO

#5 Aug 30, 2012
never heard of Bandit Motorsports. Gary Johns over at Salem Muffler and Alignment is one of the most honest men around both on price and what needs to be done. I got my brakes done there and it was around $52 and that included brakes and labor. Not to sure on the drums though, just call up there and ask.
Dewayne's Tire is cheap also but usually pretty busy and they will have to work your car in. Gary can at least give you a time on when your will be worked on, just go drop it off and give him time on when you can drop off your car

Lebanon, MO

#6 Aug 30, 2012
Larry wrote:
never heard of Bandit Motorsports. Gary Johns over at Salem Muffler and Alignment is one of the most honest men around both on price and what needs to be done. I got my brakes done there and it was around $52 and that included brakes and labor. Not to sure on the drums though, just call up there and ask.
Dewayne's Tire is cheap also but usually pretty busy and they will have to work your car in. Gary can at least give you a time on when your will be worked on, just go drop it off and give him time on when you can drop off your car
Thanks!!
joe

Olathe, KS

#8 Aug 30, 2012
Rick Anderson is the best in town
curious

Bellevue, WA

#9 Aug 30, 2012
Eric wrote:
did he steal from u??? its funny how people can get on here and bash someone and slander them he is a good person and he and jon do excellent work they have did alot of work for me and i will def go back
Agree

Farmington, MO

#11 Aug 31, 2012
Eric wrote:
Known Gary Johns for many years and he clearly is one of the most ethical people you will ever deal with. Ifhe can find a way to get your car repaired and save you money he will. He is aware breed with incredible integrity.
lisa

Guernsey, WY

#13 Aug 31, 2012
Dent county automotive best by far-their in the old precision building.
mkitty

Salem, MO

#15 Aug 31, 2012
dent county automotive sucks!
wrong

United States

#16 Aug 31, 2012
to robert plant, There is a high temperature sealer that you can get at most auto parts stores that seal exhaust manifold cracks and leaks that go to temperatures way over 2000 degrees. It comes in a tube and you can grind it when you are done if you want.
yourdumb

Salem, MO

#17 Aug 31, 2012
wrong wrote:
to robert plant, There is a high temperature sealer that you can get at most auto parts stores that seal exhaust manifold cracks and leaks that go to temperatures way over 2000 degrees. It comes in a tube and you can grind it when you are done if you want.
it does not work! none of that crap works
wrong

United States

#19 Aug 31, 2012
yourdumb and robert plant, It works great, Maybe you should try something before you condem it. I had a distorted manifold on a 350 engine and put the high temp cement on the manifold serface that goes to the engine.. Worked and still is quiet. This was 4 years ago.. A new manifold was $225.00 This high temp cement was $9.00. I did fix it right, It was my own car. Duh is not an intelligent way to end a comment.
wrong

United States

#21 Aug 31, 2012
Now I see why you are so negative , Making a comment like Afro engineering shows what a small brain you have. No more conversation.
knows him

Salem, MO

#22 Aug 31, 2012
robert plant wrote:
afro engineering just like salem muffler!
if you have a problem with it why dont u go up there and tell them
curious

Bellevue, WA

#23 Aug 31, 2012
robert plant wrote:
afro engineering just like salem muffler!
omg lmao
umm

Jefferson City, MO

#24 Sep 1, 2012
robert plant wrote:
they tried to fix the exhaust on a friends car, they put some kind of crap out of a tube on the leak, there is nothing in a tube that will fix 2000 degree exhaust leak, what a dumbass
I disagree with this statement. ThermoSteele is rated over 2400 degrees Farenheit. Works on manifolds just fine with no problems. As a mechanic for many years their are many uses for many things out thier. He just used the wrong product. If your not a mechanic to sit their and act like you know what your talking about. Cause its clear you do not. Dumbass!!!
Just asking

United States

#25 Sep 1, 2012
Thermosteele, thanks, I could not think of the name of the stuff. I used it and it works great.
Poor girl

Farmington, MO

#26 Sep 1, 2012
robert plant wrote:
<quoted text>why would a real mechanic put some kind of crap out of a tube that doesnt work on a exhaust pipe? why not fix it right? with new pipe! a welder! DUH!!!
Maybe they were trying to.save a customer money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poaching Deer 20 min Salem Hooligan 1
Gift store by bmv..please read and beware 42 min Ummm 29
rumor has it 1 hr restaurant comin... 1
about salem 3 hr Chuck Bailey 36
What's up today 3 hr what's up today? 20
Libs are teaching American youth to like ISIS 4 hr Jimmy 5
Anonymous names Salemite among KKK list of memb... 11 hr what's up today? 30
Salem Dating
Find my Match

Salem People Search