Campground ower sentenced

Campground ower sentenced

Posted in the Salem Forum

Smokey The Bear DEA

Rolla, MO

#1 Oct 9, 2012
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo.(AP)- The owner of a southeast Missouri campground where music festivals included drug sales has been sentenced to 30 months in prison and must forfeit the camp.
Forty-four-year-old James Tebeau also was fined $50,000 Tuesday on a federal charge arising from drug sales at the 350-acre "Camp Zoe" in Shannon County.

Prosecutors say Tebeau didn't sell drugs himself but told employees which drugs could be sold at the camp.

Weekend music festivals were attended by an average of 5,000 fans. Prosecutors say the concerts also drew 100 to 200 drug dealers, who sold roughly $500,000 worth of drugs at each event.

Tebeau pleaded guilty in June to maintaining a drug-involved premises. The plea allows him to appeal based on a drug house statute being applied to a concert venue
wow scary

Rogersville, MO

#2 Oct 9, 2012
scary that soo much money is spent to nail one guy that brought so much other income to dent county. and yet they are too busy to nail the corrupt drug dealing cops and child molesters and meth makers they up hold and rub elbows with everyday. NOW WHO REALLY JUST WANTED HIS LAND?
common sense

Edgar Springs, MO

#3 Oct 9, 2012
That's a good question, who does get title to the land?
yup

Rolla, MO

#4 Oct 10, 2012
this appeal,,, it aint over yet
Person

Jefferson City, MO

#5 Oct 10, 2012
Well, the concerts were getting more and more drug related as time was going on. Sure they always had some nice music, but I know many people were looking forward to the festivals because it was too easy to re-supply. It was a nice place and I'd like to see it running again, but not in the same fashion.
Lake Superior

Salem, MO

#6 Oct 10, 2012
The concept of an out door concert has always been a fun idea.I attended many NORML concerts back in the day...Zoe was more of an out door drug festival with music...What would have been nice was to get actual bands,not knock offs....the old 70's and early 80's bands can be booked for aroun $5,000....of course then you would need actual security....not drug dealers in a security t shirt...It could have been done so right and enjoyed by so many more people had it been done right....Tebeau,was like a "Godfather" he shielded himself from most of the punishment,by saying I only new it was happening but had nothing to do with the actual sales.....he got his cut though...and that property will be the Governments to do with what they want....check into what "White River Trace" was actually set up to be...and when you find out...you will figure out what that land will be used for..Guarantee
Person

Jefferson City, MO

#7 Oct 10, 2012
"A large beef cattle operation." - Missouri Department of Conservation, is that what your talking about?
Marie

United States

#9 Oct 11, 2012
Save camp Zoe! That place was awesome. Not cus of the drugs, it was a happy place and welcomed everyone!
Person

Jefferson City, MO

#10 Oct 11, 2012
I'm sure the next place if someone does buy it will be the same. Montauk is a pretty happy place that welcomes everyone as well.
sayitaintso

Salem, MO

#11 Oct 12, 2012
Person wrote:
"A large beef cattle operation." - Missouri Department of Conservation, is that what your talking about?
White River Trace was set up to be basically a private hunting place for the big wigs in Jefferson City and their out of state buddies....did you know that they allowed gun hunting( not only black powder) when it first opened? Anyway to many locals got involved and they had to scratch the idea...so now it's open to anyone,the way it should be,but now I think it's bow hunting only,but not 100% sure on that,you may still be able to use black powder.
Moon Flower

United States

#12 Oct 12, 2012
I think his sentence is too much. He should be on probation and not put in prison since he is a first time offender. He did not profit from the drug sales that were happening down there. I do think the Government was wanting to confenscate the land for their own profiting. Wait and see they will open up camping areas and it will probably be run by the National Scenic Riverways. It is a very beautiful place. Landscape is beautiful. I went there for the concerts and to relax. I do not do drugs and not everyone that went there did. Even Meth Heads and drug addict seem to get probation. Think about it.
whoseland

Bonne Terre, MO

#14 Oct 14, 2012
At least the druggies didn't go around taking people's land. I think the tune will be different when the shoe is on the other foot.
Anonymous

United States

#15 Oct 15, 2012
Camp zoe was the best thing around that made money for everyone it was a loving enviroment and everyone fit in no matter what u looked like. The government took this whole thing outta portion jimmy doesnt deserve this kind of punishment that others do that way worse. I say SAVE CAMP ZOE WE LOVE YOU.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Corvette 20 hr muhroads 16
Melvin arganbright? Thu Enough 8
seamless guttering Thu Family man 5
Loser kieth Thu OJ Simpson 4
all out diesel scam! Thu timmy 7
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Missouri (... (Oct '10) Wed Farts 1,079
good auction Wed R and R 35

Salem Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salem Mortgages