looking for lawyer
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
goodlawyerinsale mhahahaha

Salem, MO

#22 Mar 29, 2012
I have used some of the lawyers here in Salem over the years (Rouse, Hall, Sweitzer)and have to say that they practice in this small town because they couldn't make it in the real world in a big city. When you hire one, you are dealing with the dregs of the attorney world. Switzer was difficult to get into touch with, because he was rarely in his office, and he kept his door locked at all times so you would have to knock to get his attention to let you in. Communication was poor. In court, he was more interested in expediting the case than to work for me and represent me. Both he and Rouse were slow. A simple will took months. Hall will sap you for every penny he can squeeze out of you, and he will want you to pay to have his son assist him for work he should be doing. He charged me $300 to draft a short, half page letter.
concerned

United States

#23 Mar 29, 2012
I have not had any luck with anybody. There are certain ones i will/can not use and i have tried almost every other one. I am either told i will get a call back and never do or i just get voicemails. I am getting very discouraged. If this is what it takes to just talk to a lawyer i can only imagine what it would be like going to court and actually getting what i want!
attorney

Chicago, IL

#24 Mar 30, 2012
Bell and bell in steelville are pretty good.
concerned

United States

#25 Apr 4, 2012
emitt wrote:
Emily Woodward put of Rolla maybe run to her own pace but dang good
Seems she may be the one. Thanks
concerned

United States

#26 Apr 4, 2012
Granny wrote:
Emily Woodward at Birdsong, Mills and McBride in Rolla. She's good, the firm is excellent and she's honest and fast.
She has formed her own firm. Thanks for the reference.
Red Begonia

Chicago, IL

#28 Apr 4, 2012
The Birdsong law office in Rolla has some excellent attorneys. You might also check out Curtis Carle in Salem.
hopefully helpful

Salem, MO

#29 Apr 6, 2012
Do NOT USE CURTIS CARLE! He is a very nice man, good person, but not a good child custody lawyer. When push comes to shove, he will back down and give into other attorneys! He doesn't like to have to fight and bicker, he likes to take the easy, comfortable way out! Good luck, but you would be much better served to get a lawyer out of Salem and try to get your case out of Dent county. The DFS office here is corrupt. There is especially one lady (S.B.) who is totally unable to do her job, yet she is allowed to assist in placement as well as cutody disputes......Good luck!
really

Salem, MO

#30 Apr 7, 2012
Dont go to ANY lawyers here.
I have been in a custody Battle for three years and spet thousands on fees. I have had three attorneys from here and they are lousey!!! They will lose! You will Lose. Go to st. louis , or Rolla. Carylon Boshjoust, I am sure I spelled that worng, She is out of Rolla and she is a fighter. I have also heard good things about Emily Woodward I and BELL and BELL Susan Bell she is also the assistant prosecutor, and a GAL for your children.
Are you Kidding

Rolla, MO

#31 Aug 24, 2012
Ginger Joyner did my divorce and she was awesome! She gave it to me straight. She didn't tell me a load of bull and give me false expectations. She was pratical and she didn't bill me for unnecessary stuff like other attorneys I have heard of. I would definately use her again!
Real Concerned

United States

#32 Aug 24, 2012
I see tyhat someone has taken my name Concerned. I am not responsible for what they say. thank you . I will change my handle

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angie Schafer 4 hr Optimistic 7
Protest in front of fourth street furniture and... 8 hr Tony Lee Hyatt jr 32
Live peaceful protest 11 hr Man up 10
Bling 15 hr You know nothing 10
Salem is the Worst Town I've Seen 22 hr james 10
hubbs tire will not honor there tires Tue Shelly 23
Onama pays the media to lie!!! Tue Rob 55

Salem Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance