2012 Sheriff's Race
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
VoteSmart

Warrensburg, MO

#1 Nov 3, 2012
I was reading this week's Salem News and ran across the ad for Tim Bell that was paid for by Norma Simmons. After I got done laughing I realized that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES would I vote for Tim Bell. The people he has endorsing him are criminals, crazies and a pill-popper whos shacked up with a defense attorney. Norma used to work at the Sherrif's Department until she was fired so I wonder if shes trying to get her job back if Tim get elected? Her ad was full of lies and misconceptions and I hope people can see through it.

Nothing against Tim Bell. He is a nice guy. But he isn't qualified for the job of Sheriff. He makes a living putting criminals back out onto YOUR streets. He has made a continued effort to have a convicted murderer released from jail. He is not MIssouri POST certified (call POST and they can confirm it). He has been heard stating he will save the county money for a "rainy day"...well that will be by getting rid the overnight officers and leaving the county with no police protection while you're sleeping at night. That might save money, but crime will increase. He has a convicted felon as a treasurer who wants Tim in office so he can make money off of towing cars for the Sheriffs department. Maybe if Tim didn't surround himself by such garbage people would respect him more as the county's top law enforcement officer.

Vote for who you want for sheriff on Nov. 6th. But realize only 1 candidate is qualified for the job.
alma

Harrisonville, MO

#2 Nov 3, 2012
VoteSmart wrote:
I was reading this week's Salem News and ran across the ad for Tim Bell that was paid for by Norma Simmons. After I got done laughing I realized that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES would I vote for Tim Bell. The people he has endorsing him are criminals, crazies and a pill-popper whos shacked up with a defense attorney. Norma used to work at the Sherrif's Department until she was fired so I wonder if shes trying to get her job back if Tim get elected? Her ad was full of lies and misconceptions and I hope people can see through it.
Nothing against Tim Bell. He is a nice guy. But he isn't qualified for the job of Sheriff. He makes a living putting criminals back out onto YOUR streets. He has made a continued effort to have a convicted murderer released from jail. He is not MIssouri POST certified (call POST and they can confirm it). He has been heard stating he will save the county money for a "rainy day"...well that will be by getting rid the overnight officers and leaving the county with no police protection while you're sleeping at night. That might save money, but crime will increase. He has a convicted felon as a treasurer who wants Tim in office so he can make money off of towing cars for the Sheriffs department. Maybe if Tim didn't surround himself by such garbage people would respect him more as the county's top law enforcement officer.
Vote for who you want for sheriff on Nov. 6th. But realize only 1 candidate is qualified for the job.
BRAVO !!!!!! Wish I had said this. Hopefully people already know who is the better candidate for sheriff. I decided not to vote for Mr. Bell ONLY because of the company that he keeps. I have know idea what type of sheriff he would make, but I know the type of people he has endorsing him.
two cents

United States

#3 Nov 3, 2012
No matter who the sheriff is, the job description makes each one the same.

Bates City, MO

#4 Nov 3, 2012
Well said Smartvote, however you forgot the part where Tim Bell will NOT allow deputies to arrest someone for a DWI if that person is on a country road. So sounds like to me you can do whatever you want in the middle of the night. Cook you meth, drink and drive and well hope there is no need for help! Because there will be no law enforcement for the county. MSHP only works till 2am at the latest and come on duty at 8am. And do you really think the Chief is police will allow his officers to leave city limits all the time to help the county??? I'm guessing NO! Also, according to Tim Bell, thinks there is no need for addressing. No need to mark your house or know your address! Just call 911 and say I live across from the old blue barn that Mr. Gibbs owned!!! Yea hope your not dying! But wait maybe that's it!!! Tim Bell wins and Chris Raulston wins and Tim kills everyone due to delays (because of the map) and then Chris gets business! Makes since now!

Please vote responsibly. Don't fix what's not broke. Tim Bell left law enforcement to bond people out of jail and his working to get "doc" Nash out of prison. He is being backed by droughts, pill poppers, thieves, crooks, and liars!
Thank You

Salem, MO

#5 Nov 5, 2012
I am really glad someone finally posted the truth on here.
noone important

Waynesville, MO

#6 Nov 5, 2012
VoteSmart wrote:
Yes very well put. Norma Simmons is nothig but a busy body and has to know everyones business! She wants her job back but once Tim pisses her off she spout bad shit about him too , just as she did the past sheriff. I have been out and have heard Tim Bell say some pretty stupid things on whaat he would do as sheriff, well hes not qualified, I also heard he wants to stop the 911 service ( which he cant do) HELLO!!!! said he would respond to the call faster! And how much faster can u get than they already are? FUNNY Hes just trying to convince himself that he knows how to do the jo. And as for the convicted person backing him Hes crazy as HELL!!!! Exercise your right to vote for the RIGHT PERSON! VOTE RICK STALLINGS!
hee

Lone Jack, MO

#7 Nov 5, 2012
You can try to change votersmind at the lastminute , But Guess WHAT we are tired of stallings ,, its to late he's gone..... so nice try .
GOV

Lone Jack, MO

#8 Nov 5, 2012
There is an IP investigation being done on this Topic . I'm sure for libel .
voter

Warrensburg, MO

#9 Nov 5, 2012
GOV wrote:
There is an IP investigation being done on this Topic . I'm sure for libel .
your kidding right??? get a life, first of all you have to lie about someone to begin with. so far it's all been facts stated. mostly from Tim Bells own bid for the position. They just sound like hair brain ideas and lies. but no, it's his actual plans,, God help us if he bought enough friends pork sandwiches to get their votes.

I'm voting for real police leadership qualities, and to make our community safer. Not for someone that thinks it's ok to not have anyone on patrol between midnight and 8am. Maybe criminals around here would repect that and only commit their crimes during work hours, yeah thats it.

My Vote is for Professionalism, vote Stallings
ricksgottogo

Holden, MO

#10 Nov 5, 2012
blow all the smoke you want doesnt change the fact that rick stallings and his employees are very arrogant. being sheriff instantly went striaght to his head. very long response time IF they even decide to look into any complaints. time and time again i hear the same storys of outright arrogance as well as smart ass responses. how about two deputies drunk on ATV's in Cedar Grove Cemetary and DID NOT get fired. say all you want but the facts speak for themselfs. how about the total disregard for our countys money. the new patrol cars cost THOUSANDS more than Phelps Countys did all because rick had to have the best.i could go on and on but i will sum it up short and to the point, on nov.6th...election day my vote will be for Tim Bell. from all the feed back ive personaly heard everyone feels the same way.
Agree

Joiner, AR

#11 Nov 5, 2012
alma wrote:
<quoted text>BRAVO !!!!!! Wish I had said this. Hopefully people already know who is the better candidate for sheriff. I decided not to vote for Mr. Bell ONLY because of the company that he keeps. I have know idea what type of sheriff he would make, but I know the type of people he has endorsing him.
Well good go vote for Stallings, my vote and everyone else i know is voting for Bell. Tomorrow evening Dent county will have spoken on who will be the next sheriff. Our minds have been made up for months who we are voting for and no one is going to change that. So good luck to your candidate.
USA

Warrensburg, MO

#12 Nov 5, 2012
ricksgottogo wrote:
blow all the smoke you want doesnt change the fact that rick stallings and his employees are very arrogant. being sheriff instantly went striaght to his head. very long response time IF they even decide to look into any complaints. time and time again i hear the same storys of outright arrogance as well as smart ass responses. how about two deputies drunk on ATV's in Cedar Grove Cemetary and DID NOT get fired. say all you want but the facts speak for themselfs. how about the total disregard for our countys money. the new patrol cars cost THOUSANDS more than Phelps Countys did all because rick had to have the best.i could go on and on but i will sum it up short and to the point, on nov.6th...election day my vote will be for Tim Bell. from all the feed back ive personaly heard everyone feels the same way.
So So glad you know all the facts. Exspecially with how much money was spent on cars. I have looked into it, because it is public record, and they bought "used" vehicles, and the new one was at government fleet cost, hundreds less then you and I could ever pay. As far as arrogance, I unfortunately did have a run in with a deputy, yes, I will admit, I have a heavy foot and was late for work. I got stopped, and issued a ticket. but the professionalism was exactly what I and we should expect from our deputies. So, my fault for speeding. maybe you just like the idea of not having cops around at all, no midnight cops, no cops on county roads,, yeah I feel real safe there. Stallings is doing a great job, and the deputies working there now are tops in my book.
Future Prez

Jefferson City, MO

#13 Nov 5, 2012
The Sheriff's office and officers have always acted in a very professional manner when I were to have a run in with them. I appreciate all Rick has done for us and hope he wins, I know Tim and he is a nice guy but that doesn't qualify him for Sheriff . Rick has passion for this county and has done a lot for us. I would rather look at the safety of our families rather than compare budget tactics in this race. There is not a price on my family .
Larry

Holden, MO

#14 Nov 5, 2012
I also think you need to be in good health. Really, if you need an officers help wouldn't you want one that's not to overweight to run or whatever is required of them. I'm not bashing overweight people but its a matter of being able to preform your job.
I'm a strong republican, but will be crossing party tickets on this one. Really a sheriff in overalls??? Does that even look professional??? Who could even take him for real???
life long salem resident

Warrensburg, MO

#15 Nov 5, 2012
Sorry but in good conscience I cannot vote for a man that makes his living on getting rappist, child molelesters and meth heads out of jail. Tim Bell has no conscience! he makes tons of money getting these criminals out of jail to be repeat offenders. I know I don't want a man that allows criminals to run free to molest our children and rob for our elderly to be my Sheriff. What is anyone thinking with these Tim Bell signs??? Tim is even spearheading the push to free a convicted Murderer from prison.
THIS IS NOT SHERIFF MATERIAL!!!!!!
WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!
noone important

Waynesville, MO

#16 Nov 6, 2012
ricksgottogo wrote:
Didnt you read the papers O I forgot all u know is what you hear and yes the deputies did get fired! One works at Whitakers Building supply and dont know whwere the other one is but NOT AT THE DEPARTMENT!!!! And for the New patrol cars he isnt driving either one of them his deputies drive them so either shut up or know your facts.!! I agree with not having a man in our Sheriffs office who help criminals get out of jail ! Would you want your child molested, parent robbed or murdered? If so then you surley dont care about anyone but yourself.
noone important

Waynesville, MO

#17 Nov 6, 2012
All u people voting for Tim Bell only want a Good OLe Boy in office, you obviously dont want someone to take care of the county. And all you complainers are probably the one that have run in with the department for something your not suppose to be doing. Do you honestly think that as sheriff Bell is going to look the other way ? he will have to take an Oath and that means giving you a ticket if need be! He wont be able to get by with that trust me, itll get around town and someone will put a stop to it. So use your head people and not your mouth.
ricksgottogo

Holden, MO

#18 Nov 6, 2012
look whos getting nervous....cant argue with facts can you? NO.... neither deputy got fired...YOU check YOUR facts and yes rick did buy 3 new patrol cars at thousands more than Phelps Co. paid for theirs. both deputies were allowed to quit instead of being fired. as far as ricks "years" of law enforcement experence...well if working for Doe Run counts and being on call is concedered experense well then you have me there! Tim is going to win hands down.....we'll know in just a few short hours though!!!!

Bates City, MO

#19 Nov 6, 2012
noone important wrote:
All u people voting for Tim Bell only want a Good OLe Boy in office, you obviously dont want someone to take care of the county. And all you complainers are probably the one that have run in with the department for something your not suppose to be doing. Do you honestly think that as sheriff Bell is going to look the other way ? he will have to take an Oath and that means giving you a ticket if need be! He wont be able to get by with that trust me, itll get around town and someone will put a stop to it. So use your head people and not your mouth.
I agree with your post here, however bell will not be able to take an oath or write tickets, HE IS NOT LAW ENFORCEMENT
need

Osceola, MO

#20 Nov 6, 2012
Rick had done a fine job as sheriff! I think the people bashing him must have done something that they shouldn't have! I hope Rick gets re-elected!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aubrey Botkin (Feb '13) 1 min ASH former-friend 46
george terrill 1 min ASH 2
Donald Trump: America's court jester 39 min Hillary 12
salem police dept 4 hr Truthbomb 34
Rumor has it 4 hr Truthbomb 5
Amanda Gamblin 4 hr Truthbomb 2
Shauna Steelman & Danny Klieber 4 hr Truthbomb 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salem Mortgages