the new advertisement for salem

the new advertisement for salem

Posted in the Salem Forum

pete

Viburnum, MO

#1 Jan 30, 2013
If u wanna u break the law, do drugs, steal jus come to Salem cuz all the court will give u is a slap on the hand and some drug court!!! That's what the advertisement should b for salem.
wonder

Salem, MO

#2 Jan 30, 2013
Only Meth heads need apply
cyclone

Salem, MO

#3 Jan 30, 2013
Don't you guys realize the prisons are overrun and it's not just Salem slapping wrists? Get a life. We have bigger issues to worry about than drugs in this country.
dumb

Fairfax, VA

#4 Jan 30, 2013
cyclone wrote:
Don't you guys realize the prisons are overrun and it's not just Salem slapping wrists? Get a life. We have bigger issues to worry about than drugs in this country.
Surprise! Another stupid comment by you. Bigger issues than drugs? Perhaps you would feel otherwise when someone sells your child something that kills them. Or when someone looking for their next high breaks into your house and robs you and puts your family in danger. Or next time a druggie on the run leads the cops on a chase and slams into your car with your family inside. Or maybe you would change your mind if your child became addicted to drugs, and as a mother, you would do anything to help them. Even if it means putting them in jail. Bigger issues? Would one of those "bigger issues" be stupidity?
cyclone

Salem, MO

#5 Jan 31, 2013
Dude our country is close to civil war because of ppl like you. Stfu!
cyclone

Salem, MO

#6 Jan 31, 2013
Your just what your name says dumb. Judgement and probably a hypocrite. Not everyone deserves the max sentencing. It's called a mistake. I'm sure you've never made one.
dumb

Chesapeake, OH

#7 Jan 31, 2013
cyclone wrote:
Your just what your name says dumb. Judgement and probably a hypocrite. Not everyone deserves the max sentencing. It's called a mistake. I'm sure you've never made one.
You say I am dumb, yet you are blind to the fact that drugs ARE a serious issue. Nobody said anything about maximum sentence. But breaking the law is breaking the law. Break the law, go to jail. It's simple. I have made plenty of mistakes in my life, however, going to jail has never been one of them. I work hard and provide for my family. If there are dope heads that want to steal from me to get their fix, absolutely send them to jail. If you would like to invite them in for a cup of tea, that's your business. But don't expect the real world to go along with your theory of "there are bigger issues than drugs" because most normal law abiding citizens don't see it that way. And by the way, before you call someone else dumb, you should learn a few things. It's "you're dumb" not "your", as you put it. Speaking of mistakes, I'd say you make your fair share, too. For example, sticking your foot in your mouth. Have a great day!
right

United States

#8 Jan 31, 2013
Hey Dumb,Are you sure it isn't Dope. Your name is appropriate because you think the drug problem is Americas main concern. This country is going down the tubes with Obumma leading it. We don't have a budget and have not had one for 4 years. Obumma has put us more in debt to the tune of 6 trillion dollars since he took office.He has implemented Obummacare which is going to cost every working American a lot of money. If you get a pay check, did you notice that more money was taken out since the first of the year. Just wait a couple of more months. Obumma is ignoring our best ally in the middle east who happens to be Israel, Now he is giving the Muslims in Egypt 120 Abram tanks and 4 F16 fighter Jets. They are also getting 1.5 Billion of our tax dollars. Jobs are getting scarcer and businesses are closing up all over America and you are concerned about dope heads. If Obumma would close our borders, that would stop a lot of drugs. No, He is playing with gun rights 2nd amendment and illegal aliens who are infiltrating our borders and over running us. Obumma, read the constitution. I hope all the dopers overdose. I could care less about them.. I am worried about America.
dumb

Ridgedale, MO

#9 Jan 31, 2013
right wrote:
Hey Dumb,Are you sure it isn't Dope. Your name is appropriate because you think the drug problem is Americas main concern. This country is going down the tubes with Obumma leading it. We don't have a budget and have not had one for 4 years. Obumma has put us more in debt to the tune of 6 trillion dollars since he took office.He has implemented Obummacare which is going to cost every working American a lot of money. If you get a pay check, did you notice that more money was taken out since the first of the year. Just wait a couple of more months. Obumma is ignoring our best ally in the middle east who happens to be Israel, Now he is giving the Muslims in Egypt 120 Abram tanks and 4 F16 fighter Jets. They are also getting 1.5 Billion of our tax dollars. Jobs are getting scarcer and businesses are closing up all over America and you are concerned about dope heads. If Obumma would close our borders, that would stop a lot of drugs. No, He is playing with gun rights 2nd amendment and illegal aliens who are infiltrating our borders and over running us. Obumma, read the constitution. I hope all the dopers overdose. I could care less about them.. I am worried about America.
See, now you are irritating me. I NEVER said drugs were our main problem. Not once. I voiced my opinion that it WAS an issue. You are putting in words that I never said. Again, let the dope heads rob you, let them sell your kids drugs that kill them, and then we can see how you feel about it. I never spoke of the other issues. There are plenty more to speak of.
pete

Blue Springs, MO

#10 Feb 1, 2013
We can fix our country one county at a time. Drugs r a huge issue in this area but no one does anything about. The future of our American depends on children n they can't make good choices for it if they're hooked on drugs
dumb

Ridgedale, MO

#11 Feb 1, 2013
pete wrote:
We can fix our country one county at a time. Drugs r a huge issue in this area but no one does anything about. The future of our American depends on children n they can't make good choices for it if they're hooked on drugs
THANK YOU! Lol geez. I thought I was crazy for a minute lol
Smart

United States

#12 Feb 1, 2013
If you want to see less drug related crime then you should be for less drug related laws, not more. You don't see criminals selling people bogus booze that kills them, or getting into car chases with cops and crashing into a family with a vehicle full of whiskey anymore do you? Prohibition has the opposite effect of what it is intended to achieve. Banning something for everyone just because a small percentage of the population misuses that something is not the answer. Not with guns, not with booze, not with drugs. Drug laws do not curtail drug use, they empower drug dealers.
Smart

United States

#13 Feb 1, 2013
By the way, if a parent doesn't have enough control over their child to prevent them from becoming hooked on drugs, then what laws are the State going to enforce that will ? As long as there is a demand, there will be a supply, and no laws or prosecutions are going to change that.
dumb

Ridgedale, MO

#14 Feb 1, 2013
Smart wrote:
If you want to see less drug related crime then you should be for less drug related laws, not more. You don't see criminals selling people bogus booze that kills them, or getting into car chases with cops and crashing into a family with a vehicle full of whiskey anymore do you? Prohibition has the opposite effect of what it is intended to achieve. Banning something for everyone just because a small percentage of the population misuses that something is not the answer. Not with guns, not with booze, not with drugs. Drug laws do not curtail drug use, they empower drug dealers.
I'm not arguing any of that. My point was simple..... Drugs are an issue. That's it. No more. No less. I give up. Good grief.
Smart

Festus, MO

#15 Feb 2, 2013
dumb wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not arguing any of that. My point was simple..... Drugs are an issue. That's it. No more. No less. I give up. Good grief.
Yes, they are definitely an issue, my comments were not directed at you exclusively.
Smart

Festus, MO

#16 Feb 2, 2013
If we are to deal with these issues as a society then we need to quit doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result; the "drug war" is a failure and has only made the situation worse. I think it's important to understand that drug use is only a symptom of deeper issues that cannot be solved with laws and prosecutions. "what do we do then?" I don't claim to have all the answers, but I will suggest this one thing: identify and understand WHY people use drugs. Until we understand and address the root cause of the problem, trying to fight the symptoms really won't do any good. "throw em all in jail" is not the answer, if it was then drug use would have ended 20 years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Preston Theater (Jan '12) 11 hr penncove 107
victim no more of wayne gott 12 hr Proof 4
Beautifing Salem 13 hr Worm puke sickle ... 8
Investigation into house fire in the 800 block ... 19 hr Pearl 14
Just want to spread a little love this morning. 21 hr Whateverfloatsurgoat 2
Animal Abuse in Dent County (Nov '08) 22 hr Pissed off 14
Is Michelle Munson/ Michelle Schilling Sun ?? 5

Salem Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Salem Mortgages