Hardin or Simpkins of Salem , Ky

Posted in the Salem Forum

PSL

Boca Raton, FL

#1 Oct 8, 2007
Does anyone know of a Nettie Simpkins or Hardin of Salem, Ky? My grandfather was a Hardin but I don't know his first name. My grandmother was Leota Simpkins and my greatgrandmother was Nettie Simpkins who had a farm next to the Butler Farm in Salem. Can anyone help me?
PSL

Boca Raton, FL

#2 Apr 9, 2008
Bumping up.
Nettie Simpkins Hardin

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Apr 29, 2008
See if any of this rings a bell? Was Nettie first married to Harry Bulter of Salem Ky ? If so the Hardin's first name was Walter, Walter's parents were William Wallace Hardin and Mary Caroline Parker.
PSL

Boca Raton, FL

#5 Apr 30, 2008
Nettie Simpkins Hardin wrote:
See if any of this rings a bell? Was Nettie first married to Harry Bulter of Salem Ky ? If so the Hardin's first name was Walter, Walter's parents were William Wallace Hardin and Mary Caroline Parker.
Thank you, thank you for responding. Yes my great-grandmother was married to Harry Butler.
Her daughter was Leota Simpkins and Leota had a son (my father) by this Hardin guy. My father never discussed it with us and my grandmother never said much either.
I have this big picture of Harry Butler that we have kept in the family all these years even though he wasn't our real grandfather.
I've always want to find out about the Hardins but couldn't. I even went to Salem but found nothing. If you have anymore info please, please tell me.
PSL

Boca Raton, FL

#6 May 1, 2008
Hi again. I'm confused? Was Walter Hardin Nettie's first husband or was he the father
of the child (my father) of Leota Simpkins?
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Nettie Simpkins Hardin

Saint Paul, MN

#7 May 6, 2008
I think we have spoken before and worked on this
PSL wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, thank you for responding. Yes my great-grandmother was married to Harry Butler.
Her daughter was Leota Simpkins and Leota had a son (my father) by this Hardin guy. My father never discussed it with us and my grandmother never said much either.
I have this big picture of Harry Butler that we have kept in the family all these years even though he wasn't our real grandfather.
I've always want to find out about the Hardins but couldn't. I even went to Salem but found nothing. If you have anymore info please, please tell me.
PSL

Boca Raton, FL

#8 May 6, 2008
<quoted text>
I was hoping to hear from someone that knew or knew of my grandfather. He had a child with Leota Simpkins and we were told his name might be Jack Hardin. I was just confused as to who Walter was? I couldn't really understand your post if you meant Walter was Nettie's husband or
Leota's lover? But thanks anyway.
PSL

Boca Raton, FL

#9 May 6, 2008
<quoted text>
Is your first name by any chance Bonnie?
Nettie Simpkins Hardin

Saint Paul, MN

#10 May 6, 2008
PSL wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your first name by any chance Bonnie?
Yes that is me, I thought we had spoken before and I lost your email. Now Nettie Simpkins married Benjamin Walter Hardin after Harry Butler passed. Leota had a baby by Joe Hardin whose parents were William David Hardin and Mattie Ann Hays ( Mattie's parents were Joseph Marion Hays and Sarah Amanda Gill) from what I gathered and have it written down some where, after Leota got pregant her parents would not let her see Joe. Joe never married and live with or around his sister ( Marcissa) all his life. Joe's other sibling was Hiram Hardin, William Hardin, John Carson Hardin, Narcissa E. Hardin born December 22, 1899 died Feb. 24, 1974 she married George Dewey Loveless. It has been serveral years since I heard from you and will have to back track my self and find out were I put these notes. Hope this helps a little.
PSL

Boca Raton, FL

#11 May 7, 2008
<quoted text>
Yes that is me, I thought we had spoken before and I lost your email. Now Nettie Simpkins married Benjamin Walter Hardin after Harry Butler passed. Leota had a baby by Joe Hardin whose parents were William David Hardin and Mattie Ann Hays ( Mattie's parents were Joseph Marion Hays and Sarah Amanda Gill) from what I gathered and have it written down some where, after Leota got pregant her parents would not let her see Joe. Joe never married and live with or around his sister ( Marcissa) all his life. Joe's other sibling was Hiram Hardin, William Hardin, John Carson Hardin, Narcissa E. Hardin born December 22, 1899 died Feb. 24, 1974 she married George Dewey Loveless. It has been serveral years since I heard from you and will have to back track my self and find out were I put these notes. Hope this helps a little.
Hi Bonnie, nice to hear from you. It must be 7/8 years since we talked. I remember you were going to ask your Grandmother about the Hardins.
Do you by any chance know who Leota's father was?
We are stumped by that because if Nettie was a Simpkins and Leota was a Simpkins, well.....!
My father passed away and never told us anything. And was Joe Hardin related some way to Nettie's husband Benjamin W. Hardin.
If you know the answer to these two questions my dreams will come true. LOL!
PSL

Boca Raton, FL

#12 May 7, 2008
Also do you know who Luda Simpkins is?
Nettie Simpkins Hardin

Saint Paul, MN

#13 May 8, 2008
I am in the process of trying to put it all together and as soon as I do I will get it to you. You need to send me your email address so it will be easier for me to contact you. Mine is bshunter@tds.net. From what I am gathering off the census records 1900 salem ky Joe's name was Josiah S.. When is Leota birth date? What all do you have on the Butler's ? Talk to you later
PSL wrote:
Also do you know who Luda Simpkins is?
Nettie Simpkins Hardin

Saint Paul, MN

#14 May 8, 2008
I have this much figured out Benjamin Walter who married Nettie and William David father of Joe or Josiah S. were 2ns cousins.
wlliam wallace hardin

Spring Hill, FL

#15 Mar 6, 2009
PSL wrote:
Does anyone know of a Nettie Simpkins or Hardin of Salem, Ky? My grandfather was a Hardin but I don't know his first name. My grandmother was Leota Simpkins and my greatgrandmother was Nettie Simpkins who had a farm next to the Butler Farm in Salem. Can anyone help me?
hello
i am william wallace hardin
and i was born near salem ky
i have heard all the names in your quote
my older sisters would know more about Salem KY
than i as they went to high school in Salem //
also my niece wrote a paper on Hardin's in collage i can put you intouch with them if you want // i also have a lot of info. can make you a copy if interested
I now live in Zephyrhills FL < near Tampa >
contack me hardinw9@yahoo.com
wlliam wallace hardin

Spring Hill, FL

#16 Mar 6, 2009
PSL wrote:
after reading all notes
macissa hardin joes sister that married G.W. Loveless their daughter is my sister-in -law
MRS.RALPH RANDALL HARDIN of BURNA .KY
KYFriend

Oak Grove, KY

#17 Jul 27, 2013
PSL wrote:
Hi again. I'm confused? Was Walter Hardin Nettie's first husband or was he the father
of the child (my father) of Leota Simpkins?
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
You need to contact Joe Wiggins in Salem, his mother was a Hardin and he knows a lot of family history. He is usually the one recommended when someone is looking for their family history.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aleshia and kara koon (Feb '13) Jan 19 Lmao 16
Man shoot in willisburg tonight Jan 19 welp 9
Mayor Jan 17 BBBB 1
shooting Jan 16 good ol boys 2
wood for sale.. Jan 15 firewood 1
Things getting broken into in tiline. (Jun '13) Jan 13 Turbo Turtle 4
Johnny ronan (Jun '14) Jan 5 duh 3
Salem Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Salem People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:31 pm PST

NBC Sports12:31PM
Source: Browns interview former Rams coach Mike Martz
NBC Sports 3:14 AM
Rams won't get chance to interview Rob Chudzinski or Alex Van Pelt
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?