King sworn in as deputy

King sworn in as deputy

There are 5 comments on the wjbdradio.com story from Oct 20, 2008, titled King sworn in as deputy . In it, wjbdradio.com reports that:

Farina Police Chief Shane King was sworn in today as a new full-time deputy at the Marion County Sheriff's Department.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at wjbdradio.com.

Long time resident

Iuka, IL

#1 Nov 5, 2008
It was a political favor, no test was done. Does he no he has to live here?

“Argh, Shiver me Timbers”

Since: Sep 08

United States

#2 Nov 5, 2008
Is he going to keep the other job also?

He may be trained, but I bet Farina trained him as a part time officer, meaning that they didn't send him to the full time academy and he never took the physical abilities. Just guessing as that is what most small towns are doing.
My Opinion

Iuka, IL

#3 Nov 15, 2008
Ive noticed that, they pretty well have who they are going to hire already chosen and the interveiw process is just a matter of formality. My own son-in-law who has been to the police academy and has a criminal justice degree has been passed over in these small towns and they end up hiring someone they already knew with no experience or training at all.
My husband put in for a job at the sherriffs dept, he has had 30 years of military training and quite and extensive resume of jobs in the criminal justice feild but was passed over for a 20 year old with no experience at all. Ive always said it isnt what you know, but who you know.

“Argh, Shiver me Timbers”

Since: Sep 08

United States

#4 Nov 15, 2008
I do agree, obviously since it is a union issue, they do have a say whether or not the communities want to say it.

But your husband and son might also consider Wayne County, and Jefferson County, I have read both online are in the process of looking for applicants for correction as well as deputy applicants.
the truth

United States

#5 May 10, 2012
just in case anybody is wondering farina didn't train him as a part time officer and he did go to the full time academy...I love when people have no clue but decide to open their mouths

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Illegal arrest at Burger King (Feb '16) 22 hr Shelly 11
Kelly Fox? Fri Sonofliberty 3
Bullying Jan 11 Sweet Sugar 1
Crime In Centralia, Illinois. Jan 11 AssTwister 2
Scott & Brian Pawlisa Murdered. (May '15) Jan 10 jim 89
Tony Cunningham , Martial Arts Instructor. Jan 8 Cadillac 27
rockwell/cambridge old employes.. any of them h... (May '14) Jan 4 Mellein87 3

Salem Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance