Meth in Marion County

Meth in Marion County

Posted in the Salem Forum

myopinion

Salem, IL

#1 Nov 4, 2008
I am so tired of meth makers getting a slap on the wrist if they "snitch" on others. I beleive if you do the crime you do the time. I know for a fact one meth maker in salem who was on parole for a class X Meth crime, he got caught cooking again, agreed to testify against others and received 4 years probation and part of that was to be excused!!!! Three others who had equal involvement and were also on parole at the time for prior meth charges were given probation, to testify against two others who even had smaller roles in the whole thing both had no prior drug charges but they went to prison and the rest walked virtually scott free, and none of these guys got there parole revoked. The law in Marion County has never ever been fair or just. I for one will be happy when the States Attorney runs with a opponent, cause the fairness of the law gets worse and worse in this county.
Vanessa

United States

#2 Nov 17, 2008
Yes, some people get away with cooking just because they "snitched" and that is VERY wrong. But...other people that may get off a little easy is because they have familys to take care of. Little babys at home and sometimes...people deserve second chances...maybe not 3 or 4 chances but if they learn their lesson and they have kids at home...a second chance should be given.
Myopinion

Iuka, IL

#3 Nov 21, 2008
I guess it is just me, however i beleive people should think of there children and families before they get involved with drugs. I also beleive 1 chance is sufficant, the people i am talking about have all been in prison prior and were on parole still at the time they got caught cooking again. The only two who did go two prison were the two without prior drug records. Not sure how this works at all!!!! I do not beleive any of the people who were let off "easy" have learnt there lessons because two of them are awaiting trail already 3 months later for having there homes raided and found in possession of drugs. Whitch will just cost us tax payers more money for more trails.
I for one have all the respect in the world for the law, I work in healthcare and know the damage drugs can cause to the human body. I however have no respect for the individuals who enforce our laws in Marion County i am a die hard democrat, however when the next election comes up for States Attorney even if it be 10-15 years before our States Attorney runs unemcumbered. The man I help put in office, i will fight to see leaves office.

Since: Nov 08

Richmond, VA

#4 Nov 25, 2008
I was just reading the article on meth in Marion county and I have to agree with myopinion. People should think of their kids first. If they don't want to lose their kids then they shouldn't put their selfs in that position. It seems like there is alot of that in that area. I read awhile back of a mother getting her kids taken for letting her boyfriend have a meth lab at their house where her kids lived also. So now I suppose she wants them back and probably the boyfriend to. So why should people like this have second, third, fourth chances? It's the kids suffering and shame on the adults for not taking care of their innocent little children!
MyOpinion

Iuka, IL

#5 Mar 4, 2009
Thanks Kenna-dee for agreeing. This is something I am very passionate about, I follow the Meth cases. The one thing everyone wants to see be fair, is the law; however it very seldom is at least not in Marion County. The sad truth is they will let a Meth cooker back on the streets as long as they snitch, I suspose they beleive the end justifys the means. I disagree!!! It depends on who you are also. Its kind of like if the rich kid gets caught stealing a car its "joy-riding" If its a poor kid its called "grand Theft Auto" What happened to justice for all? poor; black; white; should we make a distinction? I could honestly go on about this forever. I have lived in Marion County since 1976 and have seen far too much my hubby just moved here 3 years ago and said he could not beleive how the laws operate, of course i got him interested and watching. I started watching and compiling because I had a vested interest now its kind of and hobbie so to speak.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Travis Bivens 3 hr Mike 3
Tony Cunningham , Martial Arts Instructor. Fri uwantthetruth 21
Was the Murder of Millionaire John Shakespeare ... (Oct '12) Nov 28 carl 326
BEWARE McDonald's 1500 W Main St Don't Eat There Nov 28 food4tought 1
Ron burgess meth banger and hep c Nov 26 sally 1
Kelly Fox? Nov 23 One timer 1987 1
sarah boyles mentally unstable Nov 20 Truth 2

Salem Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance