New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote?

Created by Top Mod2 on Sep 13, 2010

3,715 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Teddy R

Houston, TX

#11320 Sep 28, 2012
democrat wrote:
Under Obama, a Record Decline in Government Jobs
By FLOYD NORRIS
When Barack Obama ran for president four years ago, he appalled some Democrats by saying Ronald Reagan had been a transformational president.
Three years into his presidency, he has exceeded Reagan in one area: reductions in government jobs.
FLOYD NORRIS
Notions on high and low finance.
Over all — including a decline of 12,000 public sector jobs in the Labor Department report for December — government employment is down 2.6 percent over the last three years, compared to a decline of 2.2 percent in the early Reagan years. That is a record.
Oh, come off it.

Those stats are for ALL public sector employment.

Obama is to be judged based on HIS operation - the FEDZILLA payroll black hole.

To credit Obama with cutting state and local government payrolls is falsely giving him credit for the good and courageous belt-tightening work state legislatures and Governors like Chris Christie and Scott Walker have done in reining in runaway government spending.

Obama? That's a bad joke. aCCORDING TO THE SAME ARTICLE YOU LINKED -

"If Mr. Obama had had his way, state and local government job losses in 2011 could have been reduced with more federal assistance, but such proposals were blocked by Republicans in Congress."

(Taxpayers cheer Republicans in Congress for that)

"FEDERAL employment ... is up 1.3 percent, while the total fell by the same amount in Mr. Reagan’s first three years."

Obama = a big tax-and-spend government fanatic, loyal tool of Wall Street fat cats and the permanent professional political classes, an enemy of the US middle class and US taxpayer.
democrat

Massena, NY

#11321 Sep 28, 2012
Teddy,I'll take a tax and spend dem,over a spend and spend repuke any day of the week.Again if tax cuts work,then why did we have the huge,disastrous,bush 2,economic disaster?It was the biggest blow to the economy since 1929.Bush and the rich got everything they wanted.And yet the job creators created shit for jobs and the economy tanked.Now these same lying bastards,are saying give us more tax cuts again.What in the holy hell,makes you and your ilk,think the results will be any different? Americans are not stupid,at least not all of them,if cuts had worked,rmoney would be soaring in the polls.Tax cuts equaling economic good times is pure prarie bull shit.
you are cluelss

New Hartford, NY

#11322 Sep 28, 2012
Mr. Ignoranus

Please help and identify about this spend and spend Republican, becuase there is no such person.
No one has spent and wated more than the Democrats especially Obama.
Obama has added 6 trillion to the National debt more than both Bush's combined.
There are no spend and spend Republicans there are only Tax and Spend Dumbasscrats.

You seem to want to believe the lies of the loons and then post them here where they get shoved back up your ignorantANUS.
democrat wrote:
Teddy,I'll take a tax and spend dem,over a spend and spend repuke any day of the week.Again if tax cuts work,then why did we have the huge,disastrous,bush 2,economic disaster?It was the biggest blow to the economy since 1929.Bush and the rich got everything they wanted.And yet the job creators created shit for jobs and the economy tanked.Now these same lying bastards,are saying give us more tax cuts again.What in the holy hell,makes you and your ilk,think the results will be any different? Americans are not stupid,at least not all of them,if cuts had worked,rmoney would be soaring in the polls.Tax cuts equaling economic good times is pure prarie bull shit.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#11323 Sep 28, 2012
democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to be stupid,when you don't realize Obama had to spend huge sums to fix the deep,deep,hole ...
What an idiotic claim. Patent nonsense.

That's in the same class as "We had to destroy the village in order to save it."

You'll remember that one ...

Why do you defend these gibbering incompetents?
Impeach Obama the moron

Buffalo, NY

#11324 Sep 28, 2012
Obama and the liberal media are trying to coverup the Benghazi Libya attack on 9-11.

It shows how incompetent Obama really is. It also shows what a liar Obama is trying to blame the attack that left 4 Americans deal on a movie.

Can you believe that the arrested the movie maker.

Bill Maher can make hat movies about Christians but when Islam is attacked you have to go to jail in Obamaland.(Mahers attacks were mostly on Christian with subtle joke about Islam. The movie sucked so bad even the Muslims didn't watch it)

Susan Rice should be fried Rice and Jay Carney should also be fired and Obama impeached for allowing an attack to take place on US soil when he had adequate warning it was coming and then blamed it on a movie which they walked back after the truth came out.

I'm sick of Obama. Obama is a failed president.

I'm nowe reading Confidence men by Ron Suskind(500 pages) and I'm getting a bit of an Obama slant.

Can't people write an objective book on the subject which is how and why the 2008 crisis came about.

Ann Coulter "Mugged will be next when it comes out.

After 17 days the FBI still isn't in Benghazi and may never go there with some lame excuse.

Dakota Meyer "Into the fire"

"The roots of Obama's rage Dinesh D'Souza.

"Service" by Marcus Luttrell.

"No easy day" Mark Owen aka Matt Bissonnette the Navy Seal who kiled Osama bin laden but now Obama wants to have him thrown in jail because Obama thinks he killed OBL.

September jobs report comes out early October.

Think they will fudge the facts and say unemployment is 8% or below. That would be outrageous but I wouldn't put it behind lying Obama and the media/people who come out with the report.

Still waiting for 47,000 pages of Fast and Furious documents and Obama's college transcripts.
Obamacare

Bellmore, NY

#11325 Sep 28, 2012
Impeach Obama the moron wrote:
Obama and the liberal media are trying to coverup the Benghazi Libya attack on 9-11.
It shows how incompetent Obama really is. It also shows what a liar Obama is trying to blame the attack that left 4 Americans deal on a movie.
Can you believe that the arrested the movie maker.
Bill Maher can make hat movies about Christians but when Islam is attacked you have to go to jail in Obamaland.(Mahers attacks were mostly on Christian with subtle joke about Islam. The movie sucked so bad even the Muslims didn't watch it)
Susan Rice should be fried Rice and Jay Carney should also be fired and Obama impeached for allowing an attack to take place on US soil when he had adequate warning it was coming and then blamed it on a movie which they walked back after the truth came out.
I'm sick of Obama. Obama is a failed president.
I'm nowe reading Confidence men by Ron Suskind(500 pages) and I'm getting a bit of an Obama slant.
Can't people write an objective book on the subject which is how and why the 2008 crisis came about.
Ann Coulter "Mugged will be next when it comes out.
After 17 days the FBI still isn't in Benghazi and may never go there with some lame excuse.
Dakota Meyer "Into the fire"
"The roots of Obama's rage Dinesh D'Souza.
"Service" by Marcus Luttrell.
"No easy day" Mark Owen aka Matt Bissonnette the Navy Seal who kiled Osama bin laden but now Obama wants to have him thrown in jail because Obama thinks he killed OBL.
September jobs report comes out early October.
Think they will fudge the facts and say unemployment is 8% or below. That would be outrageous but I wouldn't put it behind lying Obama and the media/people who come out with the report.
Still waiting for 47,000 pages of Fast and Furious documents and Obama's college transcripts.
Just another Mittwitt.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#11326 Sep 28, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Its ok that you have no argument. Its clear every time I mention obamas job growth rate and show you are a hypocrite for ignoring it, you backed in a corner a say the same thing over and over (bla bla bla)...
O rly.

Let's recap, shall we?

You began this convo by posting one of your pet partisan lies (excuse me - "half truths" ...) regarding Romney's record as Governor of Mass.

I pantsed you on it, posting the unbiased facts.

You started whining and trying to deflect onto Obama's record on job creation, denying you were knowingly posting partisan lies (excuse me - "half truths" ...).

I pulled you back on topic, and pwned you again with the simple unbiased facts on Romney's record as Governor of Mass.

You continue to wriggle pathetically, trying to deflect away your heinous posting of intentional LIES about Romney's record as Governor of Mass.

But I tire of pwning you repeatedly on this point. So I'm content to record your pastisan hack lie as conclusively smacked down, and move on to the new topic you seem desperate to discuss (God alone knows why ...), Obama's abysmal performance in job creation.

So here's are the simple, unbiased, unvarnished fact:

Payroll change since January 2008 (as of June 2012).

Total:-5.01 million -3.6%

Private:-4.61 million -4%

Government:-407,000 -1.8%

Federal Government:(excluding post office)+225,000 11.4%

Good luck.
Two Ton Hillary

United States

#11328 Sep 28, 2012
One trillion dollars of the 16 trillion dollar national debt...was money probably stolen by the Clinton's.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#11329 Sep 28, 2012
democrat wrote:
Governor Romney and I are about the same age. Like millions of others in our generation, we came to adulthood facing the harsh realities of the Vietnam War. 2.7 million in our age group went to Vietnam, a war which eventually took the lives of 58,000 young Americans and cost another 300,000 wounded. The Marine Corps lost 100,000 killed or wounded in that war. During the year I was in Vietnam, 1969, our country lost twice as many dead as we have lost in Iraq and Afghanistan combined over the past 10 years of war. 1968 was worse. 1967 was about the same. Not a day goes by when I do not think about the young Marines I was privileged to lead.
This was a time of conscription, where every American male was eligible to be drafted. People made choices about how to deal with the draft, and about military service. I have never envied or resented any of the choices that were made as long as they were done within the law. But those among us who stepped forward to face the harsh unknowns and the lifelong changes that can come from combat did so with the belief that their service would be honored, and that our leaders would, in the words of President Abraham Lincoln, care for those who had borne the battle, and for their widows and their children.
Those young Marines that I led have grown older now. They’ve lived lives of courage, both in combat and after their return, where many of them were derided by their own peers for having served. That was a long time ago. They are not bitter. They know what they did. But in receiving veterans’ benefits, they are not takers. They were givers, in the ultimate sense of that word. There is a saying among war veterans:“All gave some, some gave all.” This is not a culture of dependency. It is a part of a long tradition that gave this country its freedom and independence. They paid, some with their lives, some through wounds and disabilities, some through their emotional scars, some through the lost opportunities and delayed entry into civilian careers which had already begun for many of their peers who did not serve.
And not only did they pay. They will not say this, so I will say it for them. They are owed, if nothing else, at least a mention, some word of thanks and respect, when a presidential candidate who is their generational peer makes a speech accepting his party’s nomination to be commander-in-chief. And they are owed much more than that — a guarantee that we will never betray the commitment that we made to them and to their loved ones.
Said by Senator Webb
Webb, did he play Sgt. Friday before becoming Senator?
john berry itwa iliilb

Philadelphia, PA

#11330 Sep 28, 2012
Who gives a flyn fuck? Not me. 0nly a punk lil bitch aka sociopath. Cant wait too see what they say about you from the other side. Swing low ha ha 4 su. Got daur number itwa aka punk lil bitch you should have left me alone! Oh wait time for itwa bringing DOWN DA GIANT! NO FEAR! ARSHOLE THREATN MY LIEE. IM THINKING. NOT FOR LONG! MARK MY WORDS! LMFA0 I LITTLE PUNK BIATCH MIKE LAND0N GOT YOUR DA NUMBER.
Geoff

Binghamton, NY

#11331 Sep 28, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
O rly.
Let's recap, shall we?
You began this convo by posting one of your pet partisan lies (excuse me - "half truths" ...) regarding Romney's record as Governor of Mass.
I pantsed you on it, posting the unbiased facts.
You started whining and trying to deflect onto Obama's record on job creation, denying you were knowingly posting partisan lies (excuse me - "half truths" ...).
I pulled you back on topic, and pwned you again with the simple unbiased facts on Romney's record as Governor of Mass.
You continue to wriggle pathetically, trying to deflect away your heinous posting of intentional LIES about Romney's record as Governor of Mass.
But I tire of pwning you repeatedly on this point. So I'm content to record your pastisan hack lie as conclusively smacked down, and move on to the new topic you seem desperate to discuss (God alone knows why ...), Obama's abysmal performance in job creation.
So here's are the simple, unbiased, unvarnished fact:
Payroll change since January 2008 (as of June 2012).
Total:-5.01 million -3.6%
Private:-4.61 million -4%
Government:-407,000 -1.8%
Federal Government:(excluding post office)+225,000 11.4%
Good luck.
Uh - Obama wasn't president until January 2009. Nice fail. Congratulations.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#11332 Sep 28, 2012
Little Geoffy the SUNY Binghamton Sophomore wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh - Obama wasn't president until January 2009. Nice fail. Congratulations.
Yeah - Bingo-boy, a.k.a. Captain Obvious, steps straight into the partisan poop. He can't help himself.

"Clarification: Some readers have wondered why I started my analysis from January 2008. Well, that's when overall employment peaked. Of course President Obama can't be blamed for job losses when he wasn't in office. My point was that private-sector employment, regardless of the reason, remains down more than government jobs. That's partly due to the fact that governments, especially at the federal level, continued to add staff during the recession. So when they finally started to react to weaker finances, they had to cut jobs significantly, and later."

http://blogs.investors.com/capitalhill/index....
democrat

Massena, NY

#11333 Sep 28, 2012
De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
Webb, did he play Sgt. Friday before becoming Senator?
Webb,is something you will never be,a decorated war hero.While he was in the swamp caled nam,mittwit,was screwing off in france.He didn't even have the balls to do his mormon 2 year service,in a 3rd world country.
democrat

Massena, NY

#11334 Sep 28, 2012
you are cluelss wrote:
Mr. Ignoranus
Please help and identify about this spend and spend Republican, becuase there is no such person.
No one has spent and wated more than the Democrats especially Obama.
Obama has added 6 trillion to the National debt more than both Bush's combined.
There are no spend and spend Republicans there are only Tax and Spend Dumbasscrats.
You seem to want to believe the lies of the loons and then post them here where they get shoved back up your ignorantANUS.
<quoted text>
I wouldn't mention gibberish,if I supported mittwit and his tax cuts,after seeing the disaster the bush 2 cuts created.As for spending,were you asleep when shrub and the republicans,voted to borrow money from China to pay for closing the medicare gap.and his 2 wars.This was irresponsible spend,spend,spend republicaan policies.The right thing to do,would have been to raise taxes to pay for them,rather then increasing our indebtedness to China.But bush wanted to hide the true cost of his stupidity,so he borrowed,and used financial tricks,to hide the true costs.
Geoff

Binghamton, NY

#11335 Sep 28, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah - Bingo-boy, a.k.a. Captain Obvious, steps straight into the partisan poop. He can't help himself.
"Clarification: Some readers have wondered why I started my analysis from January 2008. Well, that's when overall employment peaked. Of course President Obama can't be blamed for job losses when he wasn't in office. My point was that private-sector employment, regardless of the reason, remains down more than government jobs. That's partly due to the fact that governments, especially at the federal level, continued to add staff during the recession. So when they finally started to react to weaker finances, they had to cut jobs significantly, and later."
http://blogs.investors.com/capitalhill/index....
Google this Teddy Ruxpin - Since April 2009, the number of government jobs at all levels has fallen by 706,000, or 3 percent.

Also this -

http://www.gallup.com/poll/152042/federal-gov...

Try not to pick a single source to back your argument. Your shoes will smell like poop.
democrat

Massena, NY

#11336 Sep 28, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
What an idiotic claim. Patent nonsense.
That's in the same class as "We had to destroy the village in order to save it."
You'll remember that one ...
Why do you defend these gibbering incompetents?
Incompetent is supporting mittwit and his tried and failed ideas.So you are denying the fact that Obama inheirited an 8.5 trillion deficit,when he took office.If Obama had o done nothing you still would have bitched.We were in a huge hole,that bush and the republicans had put us in,and he is getting us out of it.As for defending incompetents,you are the one supporting the same old incompetent idea of trickle down economics.Tax cuts for the uber rich,and tax increases for the rest of America aren't the answer.As for remembering,I highly doubt it,you have all ready forgotten the horrible economic mess,bush created with his cuts.Moron.
democrat

Massena, NY

#11337 Sep 28, 2012
Geoff wrote:
<quoted text>
Google this Teddy Ruxpin - Since April 2009, the number of government jobs at all levels has fallen by 706,000, or 3 percent.
Also this -
http://www.gallup.com/poll/152042/federal-gov...
Try not to pick a single source to back your argument. Your shoes will smell like poop.
If you want to know what teddy ruxpin looks like,just google,lying,partisan,piece of shit,and his photo will appear next to the definition.
Geoff

Binghamton, NY

#11338 Sep 28, 2012
democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Incompetent is supporting mittwit and his tried and failed ideas.So you are denying the fact that Obama inheirited an 8.5 trillion deficit,when he took office.If Obama had o done nothing you still would have bitched.We were in a huge hole,that bush and the republicans had put us in,and he is getting us out of it.As for defending incompetents,you are the one supporting the same old incompetent idea of trickle down economics.Tax cuts for the uber rich,and tax increases for the rest of America aren't the answer.As for remembering,I highly doubt it,you have all ready forgotten the horrible economic mess,bush created with his cuts.Moron.
http://wheresthefridge.files.wordpress.com/20...
democrat

Massena, NY

#11339 Sep 28, 2012
Taxes are at the lowest rate since the 50s.
Geoff

Binghamton, NY

#11340 Sep 28, 2012
democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to know what teddy ruxpin looks like,just google,lying,partisan,piece of shit,and his photo will appear next to the definition.
No need to stoop to his level. Use facts instead. ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salamanca Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jerica "Can Opener" Vaughn 2 hr Korthar 12
Betsy L grow up 5 hr lol 3
BOYCOTT "SANDERS" Parkview 5 hr Concerned Onlooker 85
Dating more than one 5 hr Concerned Onlooker 2
Whrre is Ozzie Oswald? Mon FAF 35
Tina Wagoner Strikes Again! (Nov '12) Mon sweetpea1023 60
shally seneca dead? Mon Concerned Onlooker 6
Salamanca Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web