Teacher under investigation suspended

Teacher under investigation suspended

There are 230 comments on the WIVB-TV Buffalo story from Dec 12, 2011, titled Teacher under investigation suspended. In it, WIVB-TV Buffalo reports that:

SALAMANCA, N.Y. - Talk is swirling around the Salamanca City Central School District where a district employee is on administrative leave and administrators and Cattaraugus County Sheriff's officials are leading their own investigations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIVB-TV Buffalo.

please dont be stupid

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#198 Jan 8, 2012
Jojo wrote:
NYS Law requires the district to pay tenured teachers until either they resign or go through a 3020a dismissal hearing. Until then, he gets FULL PAY & BENEFITS. The BOE has no control, BUT Senator Young and Assemblyman Giglio can introduce legislation to change this law.
See Chuck Crist! Yes a law can be changed/amended but it could take time and there is no guarantee
it will be changed. Also, a grandfather clause would probably be aded so that everyone who is teaching prior to the change in law would be covered under the current/old law as it would effect those hired upon the laws enception.

please dont be stupid

Location hidden

#199 Jan 8, 2012
Get Real wrote:
Cellphones records don't lie. His or her's. They got both. There's no defense to it. IT HAPPENED!! Enough of this doctored photo crap. That didn't happen. There's also enough proof to shut off that paycheck from the school, he WAS in total violation of the rules. Time to hang his sorry-ass out to dry. This community has more issues than most magazines, and don't need this scumbag from Dunkirk getting anymore chances to predator any more children here or anywhere else.
If its true that he has a past offenses like this while being a educator then the
blame should fall upon who the hiring/background process procedures written and adhered to by the GOE?

please dont be stupid

Location hidden

#200 Jan 8, 2012
*GOE Should of read BOE (board of education) Sorry for the error.

please dont be stupid

Location hidden

#201 Jan 8, 2012
STUFF wrote:
<quoted text>
After reading many of your posts, you are VERY OBVIOUSLY an ex-cop!!!!!!!!!
LOL, tell that to the posters on this forum!
Sorry, not an ex cop but, it would have been an honor to have had the opportunity to be one except In Vietnam I suffered a physical injury which prohibited me from being a law enforcement officer.
This doesn't mean that I haven't worked in a career involving law enforcement (hence my defending the position and no I wasn't ever a jail guard or inmate LOL) in my professional life.
You should re-read and do so between the lines and you may indeed realize what my career was!
What the

AOL

#202 Jan 9, 2012
Get Real wrote:
Cellphones records don't lie. His or her's. They got both. There's no defense to it. IT HAPPENED!! Enough of this doctored photo crap. That didn't happen. There's also enough proof to shut off that paycheck from the school, he WAS in total violation of the rules. Time to hang his sorry-ass out to dry. This community has more issues than most magazines, and don't need this scumbag from Dunkirk getting anymore chances to predator any more children here or anywhere else.
There are no pictures, he did nothing.
parent

Somerset, PA

#203 Jan 9, 2012
Wondering wrote:
What is this kids name or her parents? If it is who I think it is, then I can shed some light (if it is who I'm thinking?)
who do u think it is??? cause i might have an idea too!
parent

Somerset, PA

#204 Jan 9, 2012
lol wrote:
Did any of you see the channel 4 interview with the county investigator? They said he sent graphic messages and pictures to a student that he was trusted with and there was sexual contact. They would not have commented if they didn't have solid evidence. I was his supporter when all this started, and the fact that any of you can defend his actions anymore is unbelievable to me
AMEN!!! your one of the only real smart people on here that actually makes sence :) i totally agree! end of story
parent

Somerset, PA

#205 Jan 9, 2012
Fatsoe wrote:
<quoted text>I'm wondering , was it Just the Pictures or did he do Other things ? Does he become a sex offender if it is Just the Photos? I had Kids in that wrestling program for years , that kinda thing Never happened back then, and if it did No one has ever talked about it. The whole Teacher student thing is just Nuts these days, its everywhere, I see on Aol this morning they have another one caught.
from what i have heard and based on the news riethmiller had sexually abused this girl and took advantage of her. there was alot of innapropriate things that should have never happened. i wouldnt blame the child or the parents. the only one to blame is him!!! thats that, he has promblems!
Get Real

Salamanca, NY

#206 Jan 9, 2012
What the wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no pictures, he did nothing.
You must be a total idiot that can't read. Had there been no pictures, there wouldn't have been any charges. What are you? Another child molester trying to protect one of your own kind. Or are you just a stupid-ass brainless retard that can't deal with reality.
Get Real

Salamanca, NY

#207 Jan 9, 2012
SALAMANCA -- A Salamanca Middle School teacher was arraigned Friday in City Court on five related charges of sexual abuse of a 16-year-old student and using cellphones to exchange photos of their genitals.

Shane C. Reithmiller, 39, of Central Avenue, Dunkirk, pleaded not guilty to all the charges before City Judge Ronald D. Ploetz and was released on his own recognizance.

Reithmiller is charged with promoting a sexual performance of a child, a felony, on Sept. 30 for having the girl, who was then 15, photograph her genital area and send the photo to him on a cellphone, according to Cattaraugus County Sheriff's Office investigators.

He is charged with third-degree sexual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child, misdemeanors, for having sexual contact with the girl on Oct. 18.

Reithmiller also is charged with two counts of first-degree disseminating indecent material to minors, both felonies. Authorities charged that on Nov. 26 and 27 he sent photos of his genitals to the girl via his cellphone.

Reithmiller appeared in City Court with his attorney, John Gullo of Fredonia. He waived his right to a felony hearing in City Court, and the case has been sent to Cattaraugus County Court where it may be presented to a grand jury for further prosecution.

In December, Reithmiller was placed on administrative leave with full pay by the Salamanca Board of Education.

At that time School Superintendent Robert Breidenstein said the investigation centered on a violation of district policy regarding relationships between students and staff.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/police-courts...
Knows the truth

Buffalo, NY

#208 Jan 9, 2012
The truth will come out. This girl is a liar. She has a history of lying. If there was proof of sexual contact, wouldn't he be in jail?! But he's not. He didn't even have to post bail. I hope they take her false accusations seriously.
soon

United States

#209 Jan 9, 2012
Sandusky was out on unsecured release. There were multiple complaintants. What's your point? I don't care how much the girl lied before, she's obviously troubled, OR A TEACHER WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ABLE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HER! you need to face the facts here.
What the

AOL

#210 Jan 9, 2012
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a total idiot that can't read. Had there been no pictures, there wouldn't have been any charges. What are you? Another child molester trying to protect one of your own kind. Or are you just a stupid-ass brainless retard that can't deal with reality.
He did nothing.
Fatsoe

Buffalo, NY

#211 Jan 9, 2012
Get Real wrote:
SALAMANCA -- A Salamanca Middle School teacher was arraigned Friday in City Court on five related charges of sexual abuse of a 16-year-old student and using cellphones to exchange photos of their genitals.
Shane C. Reithmiller, 39, of Central Avenue, Dunkirk, pleaded not guilty to all the charges before City Judge Ronald D. Ploetz and was released on his own recognizance.
Reithmiller is charged with promoting a sexual performance of a child, a felony, on Sept. 30 for having the girl, who was then 15, photograph her genital area and send the photo to him on a cellphone, according to Cattaraugus County Sheriff's Office investigators.
He is charged with third-degree sexual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child, misdemeanors, for having sexual contact with the girl on Oct. 18.
Reithmiller also is charged with two counts of first-degree disseminating indecent material to minors, both felonies. Authorities charged that on Nov. 26 and 27 he sent photos of his genitals to the girl via his cellphone.
Reithmiller appeared in City Court with his attorney, John Gullo of Fredonia. He waived his right to a felony hearing in City Court, and the case has been sent to Cattaraugus County Court where it may be presented to a grand jury for further prosecution.
In December, Reithmiller was placed on administrative leave with full pay by the Salamanca Board of Education.
At that time School Superintendent Robert Breidenstein said the investigation centered on a violation of district policy regarding relationships between students and staff.
http://www.buffalonews.com/city/police-courts...
I THOUGHT EVERYBODY DID THAT
What the

AOL

#212 Jan 9, 2012
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
You use the words of a middle school child, so I am assuming that is what you are. This is no place for you, in an adult forum.
Get Real

Salamanca, NY

#213 Jan 9, 2012
What the wrote:
<quoted text>
You use the words of a middle school child, so I am assuming that is what you are. This is no place for you, in an adult forum.
If this was a nursery forum it would be beyond your intelligence level. Anyone that protects a child predator has no room to talk about anyone. You're just a forum troll. Seen it before, probably see it again. Ignorant-ass comments trying to downplay a serious situation from a loser like you isn't surprising at all. May you rot in hell with your molester buddy when you get there.

please dont be stupid

Location hidden

#214 Jan 9, 2012
He's charged with at least three felonies, foes in front of a supposed judge and his attorney is able to have him freed, able to interact within the general public; WHY? He's capable of doing the same thing to others while he's freed and may carry his abuse further knowing he will serve jail time, I hope if something doesn't happen BUT if it does I hope that it is on the conscious of the judge and defense attorney for life!
Put the scuba bag in prison! Prisoners don't like child molesters of elderly abusers and when they find out he'll end up being everyones bitch, not worrying about cell phones or not! This scum is one chucking piece of work, and to this who did the background check and hired him, you should put your heads where the sun doesn't shine, leave it there and thank God that this ass'whole didn't hurt anyone physcially
To those who cry that the accuser/victim may haven't told the truth, shame on you! Were talking about a young girl who doesn't know the difference between right or wrong when it comes to any type of sexual activities but is chorused by an adult to do the things she did, if you think she is a liar, look in a mirror and tell yourself you never lied about anything in life and I bet you'll look away soon and you realize that you've lied in the past!
Knows the truth

Buffalo, NY

#215 Jan 10, 2012
The school DID do a background check and guess what...it was CLEAN. He has no record of anything like this in the past because he has never done anything like this before. The only thing he is guilty of is being kind to a troubled girl who, with the assistance of her mother, turned around and made false accusations about him. Maybe she had a crush on him...or maybe the mom did and is angry that her advances were rejected by him. Now his name is dragged through the mud, ruined forever, and it hasn't even gone to court yet. Court and a more thorough investigation will prove his innocense. Why is he free you ask? Because they have no proof to lock him up. If they have actual solid proof he would be in jail. But no, he didn't even have to post bail because they know he is NOT A THREAT. Innocent until proven guilty people...and he is innocent. You all will see that soon.
Get Real

Salamanca, NY

#216 Jan 10, 2012
Knows the Truth should change your name to Don't Know Jack Crap. He was in court because he WAS charged. The phone records showed he took pictures and sent them to the girl of his genitals on two different days. And also had sexual contact on October 18th.
And the case is going to grand jury for FURTHER PROSECUTION. He was not let off the charges and isn't the first person in the world to walk out a courtroom door without a bail posted. I'm sure his lawyer made firm remarks as to his client no going to flee and appear at his hearing to have the charges levied by the grand jury. Otherwise he would have had to post bail of been sent to jail.
If there's something about this you don't have the ability to come to grips with, you need to become more educated in how courts work. The creep is going to go down the tubes. The phone records were gotten from the phone company(s). NOT just by looking at the phones. Those phone records were not doctored and are solid proof it happened. And to come to this forum and try to defend him is STUPID!!
What the

AOL

#217 Jan 10, 2012
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
If this was a nursery forum it would be beyond your intelligence level. Anyone that protects a child predator has no room to talk about anyone. You're just a forum troll. Seen it before, probably see it again. Ignorant-ass comments trying to downplay a serious situation from a loser like you isn't surprising at all. May you rot in hell with your molester buddy when you get there.
He did nothing. Did you get your homework done? Go to bed now, the bus comes early.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salamanca Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best things that used to be in Salamanca (Nov '12) 4 hr Concerned Onlooker 413
Big bad Jonny O 8 hr Sweetassugar 22
Dunkleman 15 hr Dman_sucks 14
Smoking and drinking while pregnant 16 hr Concernednana 8
time for trump to resign. 18 hr Concerned Onlooker 5
Josh Johnson (Triple J) 20 hr Da real mvp 2
Carley ott 20 hr Blonde ambition 4

Salamanca Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance