Teacher under investigation suspended

Teacher under investigation suspended

There are 230 comments on the WIVB-TV Buffalo story from Dec 12, 2011, titled Teacher under investigation suspended. In it, WIVB-TV Buffalo reports that:

SALAMANCA, N.Y. - Talk is swirling around the Salamanca City Central School District where a district employee is on administrative leave and administrators and Cattaraugus County Sheriff's officials are leading their own investigations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIVB-TV Buffalo.

dontworryaboutit

Groton, NY

#128 Dec 29, 2011
if it was my daughter she wouldnt of gone any where with him. unless it was a school function. Oh and yes I do have a young girl. yes she took his classes and yes she played soccer. nothing ever happened to her. she even stayed after and got help from him in the class room and nothing happened. if it had yes I would of believed her and would of reported her. but I dont believe these girls as they are known to lie, and have admited it to several students that they lied. and if its found out that he is innocent? what then? he already lost so much. would u appoligize? if he is guilty I know I would be surprised and appoligize to the girls.. but i dont believe he is and when he is found not guilty I would hope the girls would get punished for spreading hateful lies.

please dont be stupid

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#129 Dec 29, 2011
salamanca resident wrote:
<quoted text>
dont call me an idiot! what the hells wrong with you? momma didnt love you? people like you give us normal people a bad name.
Yea, call he a dumb ass not an idiot, then I can join you as a person giving them a bad name....you bbbaaaadddd nnaammee you!
Adult

United States

#131 Jan 1, 2012
You think your making it better by saying this? People are people. No matter how we raise our children they make their own choices. A small town with no cinema, arcade, inside rink or anything for kids to do leads them to drink and do drugs. More than half that town is on welfare, popping kids out so they don't have to work or get an education. It's sad really but I'm stopped wasting my time in that town. It's not just Indians. It's whites to if you want to out it that way. Or maybe the Jews or blacks? Or the fat people? Grow some sense. Everyone takes part in that town going corrupt. Stuff happens everywhere so why be surprised when it hits home. Instead of complaining about it in this lame site get off your butt and do something!
Random Input wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. That will totally work. Giving teachers a farce "stamp of certification" and creating even morr paperwork and laws has ALWAYS fixed problems, whatever it may be. In the mean time let's close the school down for an entire month so the kids are smoking even more pot at their welfare infested houses and being even less productive than they already are.
How about the kids stop bragging about who they sleep with, students OR teachers, Salamanca's mentality be shaped up by the school hiring "stricter" teachers, and making a separate indian school option available so they're away from the students who actually want to work. Not that all indians are losers, but the ones that are have that mentality that "I'm an indian, I don't have to do shit!" so those indian students would obviously be the ones going to that optional school.
parent

Somerset, PA

#133 Jan 5, 2012
alll ive gotts say is instead of acting like you no everything... just wait until its comes out... either he will be on the news proven gulty or he will go free... we will see dont jump when u dont even no yet.

please dont be stupid

Location hidden

#134 Jan 5, 2012
parent wrote:
alll ive gotts say is instead of acting like you no everything... just wait until its comes out... either he will be on the news proven gulty or he will go free... we will see dont jump when u dont even no yet.
Its close tp being a month, has anything been done or will this linger like the CC case?
AnotherStudent

Salamanca, NY

#135 Jan 5, 2012
I had that teacher when I was in eighth grade, and I also played on his team for three years. Not once has he ever made a pass on ANYONE. First of all, to everyone who posts on this site, proper grammar/spelling does get you far in life. Second, I will speak for the entire team when I say we stand behind him. I personally don't believe he did it. Not only that, I am friends with a police officer very high up on the chain of command, and there aren't any charges. The only reason this is being drug out so long, is because the district has a very strict way of going about this type of investigation. It isn't just the Police who investigate. I'm not trying to bash anyone, nor do I wish to be bashed, but I do believe it is completely insane and unfair that he wasn't allowed to attend our banquet. What happened to innocent before proven guilty? People are just attacking him viciously without anything to back them up but rumors. Try to be civilized.

please dont be stupid

Location hidden

#136 Jan 5, 2012
AnotherStudent wrote:
I had that teacher when I was in eighth grade, and I also played on his team for three years. Not once has he ever made a pass on ANYONE. First of all, to everyone who posts on this site, proper grammar/spelling does get you far in life. Second, I will speak for the entire team when I say we stand behind him. I personally don't believe he did it. Not only that, I am friends with a police officer very high up on the chain of command, and there aren't any charges. The only reason this is being drug out so long, is because the district has a very strict way of going about this type of investigation. It isn't just the Police who investigate. I'm not trying to bash anyone, nor do I wish to be bashed, but I do believe it is completely insane and unfair that he wasn't allowed to attend our banquet. What happened to innocent before proven guilty? People are just attacking him viciously without anything to back them up but rumors. Try to be civilized.
A few tidbits:
Spelling and grammar may be someones strong suit but not others and this doesn't mean a person isn't capable of obtaining more in a life time.

It is understandable that these sort of investigations take awhile to sort out between the police and school district but I believe there are a lot of people who may assume that this will drag on like the CC case has.

Whether or not your friend is in a command position with a police department doesn't matter, a officer is not suppose to divulge details about an ongoing investigation, even to friends, this could be construed as police misconduct. A officer may have told you something completely opposite of where the inveestigation is going or was attempting to get you from harping for details. Also, there are two departments involved, along with the BOE. As long as there are no criminal charges doesn't mean the teacher can't be dismissed by the district as the BOE has rules, and a teachers contract, it must follow in coming to a resolution of a non criminal investigation but a school employee violating the districts rules and regulations. The facts, hopefully will become public ASAP so the districts residents can move on to more important issues of teaching students and not allowing a single incident to bother this process.
student

Somerset, PA

#137 Jan 6, 2012
AnotherStudent wrote:
okay i understand were your coming from but what if your wrong what if he did do something to this girl. uk people arent always as they seem.... many people thought they knew mr.dupont was innocent too and thought they new him but they were wrong. anybody can sit here and call him innocent but until it is lifted and the truth is out there nobody except the family of the victim knows. nobody will know until he either ends up back in the school as a teacher or... hes on the news being arrested. so yah u may think u know him but maybe u dont. u might want to think about that
wow

United States

#138 Jan 6, 2012
Got a letter from school notifying parents they are permanently replacing riethmiller
pooooooooop

Olean, NY

#139 Jan 6, 2012
http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/crime/teacher-pl...

As expected, he plead not guilty.
new update read

Cleveland, OH

#140 Jan 6, 2012
he was forced to turn himself in today and face his consequences. It will be on the five oclock news today on channel four and channel seven. now how well do you think you know him???
NOYB

North Tonawanda, NY

#141 Jan 6, 2012
Guilty.....watch the 5 O'clock news!!
common-sense

Cleveland, OH

#142 Jan 6, 2012
would you turn your self in if you were inocent? can a person be charged with felonies if theres no truth to the allegations? hmmmm something to think about. i believe the truth will come out and when that day comes i hope people will realize who the victim really is and who the predator is.
Get Real

Salamanca, NY

#143 Jan 6, 2012
SALAMANCA, N.Y.(WIVB)- An eighth grade science teacher and girls' soccer at Salamanca Middle School has pleaded not guilty to third degree sex abuse and other charges.

Shane Riethmiller, 39, has been under investigation since mid-December on allegations he had sexual contact with a 15-year-old female student. He pleaded not guilty on Friday to two counts of disseminating indecent materials to minors, promotion of sexual performance of a child, endangering the welfare of a child, and third degree sex abuse.

Riethmiller is accused of sending the girl, who is now 16, sexual text messages and of having sexual contact with her. The case will likely go to a grand jury.

"Certainly whenever allegations call into question of any adult directed towards a child or near a child we are taking that very seriously," said Robert Breidenstein, Salamanca Superintendent of Schools.

Riethmiller is a tenured teacher and is now on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of the case.

Copyright WIVB.com

Charged and pleads not guilty. Go to a prison and see how many innocent people are there. Almost every one of them if you ask them. Frickin system paying this scumbag until found guilty or innocent. Well if he is guilty, form this point on he should have to pay whatever he gets back to the system.
What the

AOL

#144 Jan 6, 2012
I don't buy it for a minute! He is one of the most caring teachers there are! He would not do what he is being accused of doing. I don't buy it for a minute!
What the

AOL

#145 Jan 6, 2012
pooooooooop wrote:
http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/c rime/teacher-pleads-not-guilty -to-sex-abuse
As expected, he plead not guilty.
That is what you do when you are not guilty.
What the

AOL

#146 Jan 6, 2012
salamanca resident wrote:
<quoted text>
are you a parent of a young girl? what if it was her are you going to believe him over her? he did it the truth will come out sooner or later, hopefully sooner as to protect others!!
What I would do is get my daughter the psychological help she needed if she were that desperate for attention that she make up such a lie.
What the

AOL

#147 Jan 6, 2012
someonewhoknows wrote:
this teacher did it.
simply put.
stop accusing victims!
No, he really did not!
POd

West Valley, NY

#148 Jan 6, 2012
What the wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what you do when you are not guilty.
This is what you do when your guilty and you need to make a deal
Knows the truth

United States

#149 Jan 6, 2012
The so-called victim admitted to some that nothing happened. She has a history of being troubled and making up lies. Same with her mother. This teacher has a solid reputation and no history of anything of this nature. He's a good family man and they come from trouble. Do the math people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salamanca Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lincoln Ave Hillarity 50 min Sponge Bob 23
New Indian VFD for white people 1 hr Sponge Bob 23
Pedowood 22 hr Concerned Onlooker 5
Absentee votes for School Board? Fri Creepy 8
Is Phil Moyer back in town??? Fri blah blah blah 11
rapist (Nov '17) May 24 dumb druggy 18
Petition for Internet Bill of Rights May 24 wfifdsrfnj 1

Salamanca Jobs

Personal Finance

Salamanca Mortgages